Prediction 2021 Fixture

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
If the AFL screw us because of one poor performance then they can get stuffed. They were very happy to give us the hardest fixture even though we finished 5th.

What about a couple of games where the opposition is off a shorter break than us? Already played Melbourne off a shorter break and have Richmond next week off a shorter break.

that’s one advantage to playing primarily on Sunday.

the only six day break you have is Sunday to Saturday which frankly isn’t that bad.

LiterallyNobody

30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
The only positive we had from our draw was playing big opposition clubs, which usually accounts for prime slots, more exposure and (fingers crossed) more sponsors dollars and new supporters and now we’ve even managed to stuff that up.
But the only big club of the next block we play at home is Geelong and hawthorn. Can’t see them putting hawthorn st kilda on free to air.
Maybe the bulldogs might get Saturday night but we’ll see.

The longer this season goes the more like 2018 it is.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
But the only big club of the next block we play at home is Geelong and hawthorn. Can’t see them putting hawthorn st kilda on free to air.
Maybe the bulldogs might get Saturday night but we’ll see.

The longer this season goes the more like 2018 it is.

Yeh youre right, i think if we were flying at the moment the Dogs game would be a prime time slot, Sydney, Adelaide could be and Richmond and Collingwood after that would be no brainers.

If were playing like we are and sitting in the bottom 4 those 50/50 games wont be prime time and even Collingwood and Richmond probably get their handful of Sunday or Saturday twilight games with us.

Its disappointing.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh youre right, i think if we were flying at the moment the Dogs game would be a prime time slot, Sydney, Adelaide could be and Richmond and Collingwood after that would be no brainers.

If were playing like we are and sitting in the bottom 4 those 50/50 games wont be prime time and even Collingwood and Richmond probably get their handful of Sunday or Saturday twilight games with us.

Its disappointing.
I actually think we will play Richmond and Collingwood on Friday nights back to back - which would be pretty cool. I'm already excited at playing twice back to back at the G - has been over a decade since that happened

Just on that, I'm supremely pissed off we only have two games at the MCG this year although to be fair the only other teams we could possibly play there based on our fixture are Essendon (who we haven't played at the G since 2006) and maybe Geelong (but once again we play them at feral inbred park - haven't played them at the G in an away match since 2011)

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I actually think we will play Richmond and Collingwood on Friday nights back to back - which would be pretty cool. I'm already excited at playing twice back to back at the G - has been over a decade since that happened

Just on that, I'm supremely pissed off we only have two games at the MCG this year although to be fair the only other teams we could possibly play there based on our fixture are Essendon (who we haven't played at the G since 2006) and maybe Geelong (but once again we play them at feral inbred park - haven't played them at the G in an away match since 2011)

I hope youre right but i suspect they wont both be night games.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
2018 versus 2021 - there are some eerie similarities here.

2017 - Show some good form and narrowly miss finals - appear to be on right track. Expected to rise in 2018.
2020 - Show some good form and win a final - appear to be on right track. Expected to rise in 2021.

Round one 2018 - Defeat Brisbane unconvincingly
Round one 2021 - Defeat GWS unconvincingly

Round two 2018 - Massive upset to underwhelming North melbourne playing terrible football - practically the entire supporter base loses faith after being thumped - followed up by a thumping loss at home to reigning grand finalists Adelaide (fair enough)
1-2 on Ladder with percentage of 73. The one team we defeated sits second last with no wins and has a percentage higher than ours.

Round two and three 2021 - Massive upset to Melbourne playing terrible football followed by an even worse performance against what looks like a bottom four side with VFL standard team in Essendon - practically the entire supporter base loses faith after a disastrous display.
1-2 on Ladder with percentage of 72.8. The one team we defeated sits second last with no wins and has a percentage higher than ours.

The next win we had in 2018 was in round 13 against Gold Coast. We also had a draw in round six to GWS.
The season included the following stretch of games (2018 positions in brackets):
Round 4 - Geelong (8th) [12th after round 3]
Round 5 -GWS (6th) [2nd]
Round 6 - Hawthorn (5th) [8th]
Round 7 - Melbourne (4th) [4th]
Round 8 - Fremantle (14th) [10th]
Round 9 - Collingwood (2nd) [14th]
Round 10 - Richmond (3rd) [9th]
Round 11 - West Coast (1st) [5th]
Round 12 - Sydney (7th) [7th]
Round 13 - Gold Coast (17th) [6th]

Now while we can't speak for how the teams will finish until round 13 this year - let's look at where they are currently on the ladder
Round 4 - West Coast (5th)
Round 5 - Richmond (6th)
Round 6 - Port Adelaide (4th)
Round 7 - Hawthorn (14th)
Round 8 - Gold Coast (9th)
Round 9 - Geelong (7th)
Round 10 - Bulldogs (1st)
Round 11 - North (18th)
Round 12 - Sydney (2nd)
Round 13 - Adelaide (8th)

Only four teams in each year in the stretch from 4-13 were currently out of the eight after three rounds
IN 2018 this correlated with PLAYING EVERY SINGLE EVENTUAL FINALIST. The only two teams that didn't make finals we played at their home ground.
IN 2021 I predict 6 of these teams will finish in the eight - Hawthorn, Gold Coast, North and Adelaide to miss out

Hopefully we can turn it around but that's also what we were saying in 2018 every week.....

Also we did sneak a draw in 2018 - so that's the comparison.

Going to keep quoting and editing this post every week to see where we stand but my prediction is we'll be winning our third game of the year in round 13.

Last edited:

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
how the * is it only two rounds being released? ******* soft utensils.

Anyway, saturday twilight and saturday arvo are both fox games so at least there's no Darcy or Bartel

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Big fan of the Saturday arvo timeslot. Far superior to Sunday. Falls short only to Friday night and Saturday night footy in my opinion (except the Grand Final, which is only good during the day)
Yeah Saturday arvo is my favourite time slot. Something about day games - just a better atmosphere.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
let's see what squiggle has to say now:

1618558754491.png

Can't really argue with this. The ladder doesn't look exactly as I would have it- would probably swap swans and dogs and maybe port and melbourne. The rest looks about right.

Now how did we fare week by week?

1618558884055.png

Hmmm not bad - I think we beat Hawthorn and Freo instead of Geelong and Geelong and probably beat Collingwood instad of Sydney away - the rest looks achievable.

Now it's time to investigate what our fixture in 2022 would look like...

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari

View attachment 1103990

Can't really argue with this. The ladder doesn't look exactly as I would have it- would probably swap swans and dogs and maybe port and melbourne. The rest looks about right.

View attachment 1103994

Hmmm not bad - I think we beat Hawthorn and Freo instead of Geelong and Geelong and probably beat Collingwood instad of Sydney away - the rest looks achievable.

There’s some good wins and some rough Monday’s coming up if that plays out. Sounds like the old song from back in the day might get a run from my mates. What happened to St Kilda, (I think someone posted about it earlier).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1103990

View attachment 1103994

I ran the auto tip about 7 times, none had us above 13 and the most common result was 16th.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I ran the auto tip about 7 times, none had us above 13 and the most common result was 16th.
I got us to 12 wins once. 9th or 10th because of our horrible percentage. We need a draw to make percentage useless.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can’t see us finishing above 12 th now
Not in real life. That’s why I have fun ******* around with squiggle and my imagination.

we just finished top of the ladder with a 17-4-1 record.

can’t do that in real life.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Also if we finish in the bottom six we should get an easier draw next year.

I just did the Squiggle predictor myself and have us 12th. Top 4 Richmond, Port, Bulldogs and Sydney. The rest of the 8 Melbourne, West Coast, Geelong and Lions. Got us winning 8 games equal with Carlton but poorer percentage. North get one win for the year which would make them one of the worst sides ever so probably not likely to be accurate.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
Please forgive my indulgence but I consulted the runes last night in desperation, then the tarot, and finally practiced a form of divination called haruspicy, with the liver of a freshly caught Salmon. Once transfixed but not dead, I saw the present as a midpoint between past and future, a place in which it is possible that one constant, change, becomes a moment, of what is hopefully a truly cogniscent, entirely intuitive and yet profoundly oblivious grasp of liquid time ebbing and flooding in moving visions.

Within this state I saw one pivotal scene in particular....a decision amongst men with dark shadows of growth upon their faces in almost violent argument.
One such man looked straight forward, then to the right , toward the euclidean future as we understand it. He said, ''This is time that divides past from present and at such midpoint in our time we will summon this one pointing to a spiral suspended.......he shall arise where all had fallen." In terms numerical it is M=(2x1+x2,2y1+y2). Such a breeze may inturn be an astronimical 'wind' from fall for this club."

From all of this i was enabled to scry, .......'From the most humble of beginnings, the most extraordinary Mid Season draft pick will fall into our turgid pool of misgivings and doubt. From this equidistant moment the scales will finally tip and the spear will be forged . We will then thrust it deep into the 'Virgin'. The water of life shall flow. It/we will be no less than the trajectory of our imaginations will allows us. (Upon reflection it was clear and obvious that the Virgin represents the month of September). This 'breeze' must be the draft,....... the mid point draft will gift us a unique opportunity...fear not we shall prevail, in classic fashion. When all else feels hopeless.

Give up hope and be damned. :fire::fire:

I know many may laugh! Understanably at this stage......I worked long and hard...I did my best ....i rarely share such inklings. I felt we needed such uplifting yet again, at but another murderous damoclean moment.:)

Occurret, sanctus noster.

Please forgive my indulgence but I consulted the runes last night in desperation, then the tarot, and finally practiced a form of divination called haruspicy, with the liver of a freshly caught Salmon. Once transfixed but not dead, I saw the present as a midpoint between past and future, a place in which it is possible that one constant, change, becomes a moment, of what is hopefully a truly cogniscent, entirely intuitive and yet profoundly oblivious grasp of liquid time ebbing and flooding in moving visions.

Within this state I saw one pivotal scene in particular....a decision amongst men with dark shadows of growth upon their faces in almost violent argument.
One such man looked straight forward, then to the right , toward the euclidean future as we understand it. He said, ''This is time that divides past from present and at such midpoint in our time we will summon this one pointing to a spiral suspended.......he shall arise where all had fallen." In terms numerical it is M=(2x1+x2,2y1+y2). Such a breeze may inturn be an astronimical 'wind' from fall for this club."

From all of this i was enabled to scry, .......'From the most humble of beginnings, the most extraordinary Mid Season draft pick will fall into our turgid pool of misgivings and doubt. From this equidistant moment the scales will finally tip and the spear will be forged . We will then thrust it deep into the 'Virgin'. The water of life shall flow. It/we will be no less than the trajectory of our imaginations will allows us. (Upon reflection it was clear and obvious that the Virgin represents the month of September). This 'breeze' must be the draft,....... the mid point draft will gift us a unique opportunity...fear not we shall prevail, in classic fashion. When all else feels hopeless.

I know many may laugh! Understanably at this stage......I worked long and hard...I did my best ....i rarely share such inklings. I felt we needed such uplifting yet again, at but another murderous damoclean moment.:)

So you're saying your runes predict we will get a gun in the midseason draft? I must get me some runes, I've been trying to see the future through heavy alcohol consumption. I believe it has worked in as much as in a state of severe intoxication my consciousness transcends time and space, unfortunately so far I wake with no memory of the predictions. I'll keep trying though.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

Dude.

lay off the bud.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you're saying your runes predict we will get a gun in the midseason draft? I must get me some runes, I've been trying to see the future through heavy alcohol consumption. I believe it has worked in as much as in a state of severe intoxication my consciousness transcends time and space, unfortunately so far I wake with no memory of the predictions. I'll keep trying though.
One ways as good as another ....I just felt any distraction was better than regurgitated self loathing.....and that is the only thing truly predictable if something amazing doesn't happen! So i threw some fish guts around!

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
True that. I use the notes on my phone to do scores for each match. Usually with some kind of narrative. Like this one:

Disaster 2-3 and seven goals down into 14-3

Finish 16-6

2-3 PD -113 (in reality -151)

7.2.44 - 0.2.2

10.3.64 - 4.5.29

12.5.77 - 12.5.77

14.6.90 - 17.6.108

17.6.108 defeat Port Adelaide 14.6.90

3-3 PD -95

3.2.20 - 3.0.18

7.5.47 - 5.4.34

12.9.81 - 8.7.55

16.12.108 - 11.7.73

16.12.108 defeat Hawthorn 11.7.73

4-3 PD -60

2.2.14 - 1.3.9

3.4.22 - 3.3.21

6.7.43 - 4.5.29

8.8.56 - 9.6.60

9.6.60 defeat Gold Coast 8.8.56

5-3 PD -56

3.5.23 - 5.4.34

6.7.43 - 6.5.41

7.11.53 - 11.6.72

14.11.95 - 12.6.78

14.11.95 defeat Geelong 12.6.78

6-3 PD -39

3.4.22 - 5.3.33

9.5.59 - 9.7.61

11.7.73 - 15.10.100

18.12.120 - 20.10.130

20.10.130 defeat Bulldogs 18.12.120

7-3 PD -29

2.1.13 - 6.5.41

6.4.40 - 9.5.59

12.5.77 - 11.9.75

16.6.102 - 13.13.91

16.6.102 defeat North Melbourne 13.13.91

8-3 PD -18

0.4.4 - 7.4.46

9.9.63 - 8.8.56

12.15.87 - 11.10.76

13.20.98 - 14.12.96

13.20.98 defeat Sydney 14.12.96

9-3 PD -16

2.4.16 - 0.4.4

5.8.38 - 2.5.17

6.9.45 - 4.6.30

7.10.52 - 6.6.42

7.10.52 defeat Adelaide 6.6.42

10-3 PD -6

6.4.40 - 5.5.35

9.4.58 - 11.9.75

11.6.72 - 13.12.90

13.6.84 - 15.15.105

15.15.105 defeat Richmond 13.6.84

11-3 PD +15

6.2.38 - 3.2.20

6.6.42 - 12.5.77

6.7.43 - 19.7.121

7.7.49 - 24.12.156

24.12.156 defeat Collingwood 7.7.49

12-3 PD +122

2.2.14 - 3.6.24

3.4.22 - 5.7.37

6.8.44 - 6.7.43

7.10.52 - 8.8.56

8.8.56 defeat Brisbane 7.10.52

13-3 PD +126

4.1.25 - 3.0.18

9.2.56 - 6.3.39

12.8.80 - 7.6.48

19.12.126 - 7.8.50

19.12.126 defeat Port Adelaide 7.8.50

14-3 PD +202

2.3.15 - 0.8.8

4.5.29 - 2.13.25

7.6.48 - 4.17.41

10.6.66 - 9.19.73

10.6.66 lose to West Coast 9.19.73

14-4 PD +195

6.2.38 - 8.5.53

11.7.73 - 12.9.81

19.11.125 - 14.14.98

29.17.191 - 16.17.113

29.17.191 defeat Carlton 16.17.113

15-4 PD +273

4.2.26 - 1.5.11

6.5.41 - 4.5.29

9.8.62 - 7.5.47

12.11.83 - 12.8.80

12.8.80 lose to Sydney 12.11.83

15-5 PD +270

0.3.3 - 3.5.23

11.4.70 - 5.5.35

14.6.90 - 7.7.49

15.11.101 - 9.9.63

9.9.63 lose to Geelong 15.11.101

15-6 PD +232

8.2.50 - 0.6.6

14.3.87 - 4.9.33

20.3.123 - 7.12.54

26.5.161 - 8.18.66

26.5.161 defeat Fremantle 8.18.66

16-6 PD +327

QF

St Kilda 2.3.15 - 5.3.33 - 9.4.58 - 14.6.90

West Coast 4.1.25 - 9.4.58 - 11.7.73 - 13.7.85

PF

st kilda 4.6.30 - 9.8.62 - 13.11.89 - 16.15.111

Richmond 1.2.8 - 4.3.27 - 6.4.40 - 7.5.47

GF

St kilda 6.4.40 - 12.15.87 - 17.18.120 - 24.19.163

Port Adelaide 1.6.12 - 3.8.26 - 5.8.38 - 5.13.43
Lol nah

I made this one a few days ago. Fake football scores are about the best cure for my insomnia :tearsofjoy:
I just realised. This is still technically possible. :D

Back