Fantasy 2021 — ALPHA League - Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just on "old-GG"... dspeed has made lots of trades the last few years so as to own multiple 1sts in a round, and what has it achieved? A bottom of the league franchise still. And guys like Lamb etc might be good players but not fantasy difference makers.

I learned the hard way in the old days, owning multiple 1sts in a round, only pain. Even when you select a good player like Lamb, say, ends up in a bad situation (cowboys). Sone end up outright busts. Trading away sure top starters for 1sts is just pain.

Much wiser those who trade away their 1sts for a sure starter, or those like NDG who sit at the end of every round, and just puck bpa, but also have a skill at identifying a player in a good situation....eg, kamara, etc.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
No one. I wouldn’t give up three firsts for Mahomes in Empire but I’d think about it in Alpha
No need to mention Empire, different system. But in Alpha three firsts is still a bit too much and too much that people dont have to offer ... Also we can only trade one future year ahead, further limiting ability to conjure three of them. Two firsts is far more reasonable (+ 2nd or 3rd)

No need to mention Empire, different system. But in Alpha three firsts is still a bit too much and too much that people dont have to offer ... Also we can only trade one future year ahead, further limiting ability to conjure three of them. Two firsts is far more reasonable (+ 2nd or 3rd)
Yeah probably right two firsts and a later pick probably limit for top player

Mar 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ravens, Storm, Dodgers
lol I can put whatever price I want on a player, I’m basically saying Kyler is untradeable which is fair enough, he is a top 5 dynasty QB, I traded Baker because he became redundant to my needs and it allows me to get back into the first round to get a skilled position player at that pick after I take Lance at pick 1

Mar 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ravens, Storm, Dodgers
I literally had no talent a year or two ago, I managed to have a generational draft last year and trying to add to that this year, not sure what else I can do

When I was much more competitive a few years back, I basically traded out my first every year for players, Julio, Bell, Hilton etc

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
lol I can put whatever price I want on a player, I’m basically saying Kyler is untradeable which is fair enough, he is a top 5 dynasty QB, I traded Baker because he became redundant to my needs and it allows me to get back into the first round to get a skilled position player at that pick after I take Lance at pick 1
Youre drafting Trey Lance #1 overall ?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I literally had no talent a year or two ago, I managed to have a generational draft last year and trying to add to that this year, not sure what else I can do

When I was much more competitive a few years back, I basically traded out my first every year for players, Julio, Bell, Hilton etc
Thats exactly what i posted about before. The strategy of trading firsts away for established players is better than trading established players for firsts.

Mar 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ravens, Storm, Dodgers
Thats exactly what i posted about before. The strategy of trading firsts away for established players is better than trading established players for firsts.
No it’s not, it depends on the circumstances and situation of the team, I’ve shown I don’t just go one way like you

Back