Preview Round 5: Brisbane vs Essendon, Gabba, Saturday 17/04/2021 @ 7:25 PM AEST

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the winner is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
I do not care about the result, I do not care about Daniher, I do not care about any of that nonsense ...

I just want to see our team play their hearts out and our young kids continue to build something together. Our boys will make our future an exciting one.

Yep, more of what we’ve been seeing, keep building.

We are finally seeing sensible selection, players played in their best roles, kids getting a run and performing.

Who is this club and what have you done with Essington?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like guelfi will be the sub. Not named in the reserves game today.

The sub has so far been the first one named on the bench so that would make sense.

Gleeson also missing...

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The sub has so far been the first one named on the bench so that would make sense.

Gleeson also missing...

Fair point:
0ED15C87-1C82-41F0-87AD-7514E4512BE1.jpeg

I do not care about the result, I do not care about Daniher, I do not care about any of that nonsense ...

I just want to see our team play their hearts out and our young kids continue to build something together. Our boys will make our future an exciting one.
Would add no season ending injuries to the list of things I don't want to see.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.

Agree with all that....until the game starts, then it's win at all costs;)

Apr 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Subiaco, Everton, SF 49ers
I'm assuming Reid will be pinchhitting in the ruck instead of Cox?
Surely at this stage he's much too light to go anywhere near a ruck contest. My preseason guide lists him at 84kegs, so even if he's added a few since, he's just going to get shoved aside in a ruck contest. I would match him up on Hipwood, who isn't exactly a strong body on body player himself. would have the reach and mobility to match up well from what I've read of him.

Albertross

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
Now I’m not in Brisbane, but I have been told that it actually has been raining throughout today and will likely be raining during game.

So....I guess I am a weather woman after all right?! 😛😂
Can confirm that there have been showers around the southern suburbs today, nothing to severe though.

Rain with possible storms predicted from late afternoon. Plenty of times they predict that and we get nothing.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Liking the team. Guelfi suits the sub role. Can pinch hit forward, back or in the middle. Very excited to see Reid get a debut. Zerk-Thatcher wasnt terrible but he has some very clear deficiencies. Snelling locked in, Hams been improving and we still have Draper, Caldwell and Shiel missing from our best 22.

Liking the team. Guelfi suits the sub role. Can pinch hit forward, back or in the middle. Very excited to see Reid get a debut. Zerk-Thatcher wasnt terrible but he has some very clear deficiencies. Snelling locked in, Hams been improving and we still have Draper, Caldwell and Shiel missing from our best 22.
And Stewart/Hurley

Here we go, this way folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back