Trades Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d originally decided to hold Daniel, but the Meek/Flynn news forced my hand.

Daniel > Grundy
Meek > Waterman

Happy Grundy covered his BE last night given I paid full price for him.

Meek also made my ‘which of Brockman/Jordon/Scott/Butts/Campbell do I trade out early?’ decision much easier.

IMG_4350.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d originally decided to hold Daniel, but the Meek/Flynn news forced my hand.

Daniel > Grundy
Meek > Waterman

Happy Grundy covered his BE last night given I paid full price for him.

Meek also made my ‘which of Brockman/Jordon/Scott/Butts/Campbell do I trade out early?’ decision much easier.

View attachment 1104494

This week’s score:
Grundy (135) and Berry, instead of...

Butts and doughnut
Butts and Meek
Butts and ... Treacy?

Well the Flawn experiment has royally screed me over. Should've just gone Gawndy. I forgot my simple rule in the ruck that I thankfully observed everywhere else - don't pick GWS rookies because Leon Cameron is a ******* spud.

So now I'm going: Meek to Treacy - just to cover a donut this week, next week he hopefully moves to F8 and even if he becomes the floating doughnut then that's fine.

And Butters to Greene. Balls out, ready to ride the rollercoaster. * it.

Hopefully next week I can take my bank plus cash in a couple of rooks to get in Grundy. If not, it'll happen the week after. He's target #1 now.

get in ridley or have the 100k + trade in bowes? and hope ridley has a down game soon

It's a simple philosophy but whenever possible buy low and sell high. Avoid paying full price for premo's who are close to maxed out in price. Unless it's the last upgrade on that line, then just get the best if funds allow. Otherwise, Ridley drops down in the upgrade queue for a while and you take the best value for money high scorer.

Have pulled the trigger on Jordon to Waterman. $420k in the bank.

If I do Sharp to CJ i'll have $137k to take into next week. Lachie Jones, Treacy and Mcreery will be on the bubble.

Actually no idea what the next plan of attack would be after that. Could upgrade Jordan Clark the following week and finish my defence.

Midfield is thin so could look to add another premium in there.

Plenty to think about.

still hopeful that Kosi will play to avoid a donut (holding Daniel)...just Brockman to Waterman - depending on team selections for rookies on Sunday.
already done 5 trades...time to slow down and play the long game.

If my cash league game is really close, could go Kosi to Jones...but likely will just wait it out.

Have pulled the trigger on Jordon to Waterman. $420k in the bank.

If I do Sharp to CJ i'll have $137k to take into next week. Lachie Jones, Treacy and Mcreery will be on the bubble.

Actually no idea what the next plan of attack would be after that. Could upgrade Jordan Clark the following week and finish my defence.

Midfield is thin so could look to add another premium in there.

Plenty to think about.
Im holding clark as long as possible.
1618617860517.png

That an incredibly good floor for a rookie.
He seems like a safe on field rookie choice each week.

Im holding clark as long as possible.
View attachment 1104552

That an incredibly good floor for a rookie.
He seems like a safe on field rookie choice each week.

Don't disagree, but I still don't trust his job security entirely and he's about to stagnate in price unless he can post a 100 which hasn't looked like doing playing in the forward pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a simple philosophy but whenever possible buy low and sell high. Avoid paying full price for premo's who are close to maxed out in price. Unless it's the last upgrade on that line, then just get the best if funds allow. Otherwise, Ridley drops down in the upgrade queue for a while and you take the best value for money high scorer.

At his current scoring rate Ridley is not close to his max price though. Max would be 650-680k

At his current scoring rate Ridley is not close to his max price though. Max would be 650-680k
Sorry, I'm not paying Ridley's current price to get him ......I'll make up the points in other zones with better value picks, fallen premiums

Sorry, I'm not paying Ridley's current price to get him ......I'll make up the points in other zones with better value picks, fallen premiums

Definitely not a bad decision but kind of reminds me of playing catch up with Lloyd in previous years.

Could never quite afford him as I thought his price would drop but never really did. I don't have Ridley right now but I might this afternoon. It comprises my next week trades though. We will see 😂

Exactly.
I plan on grabbing ridley when i have defender premo get injured.
Its too hard to get that cash from 1 up 1 down.

Finally went with the second, and clearly better of my two options.

Basically works out as ....

May>Grundy (premo to SP)
Meek>Jones (likely maxed out cow to new cash cow)

Both seem considerable upgrades.

The other option was to bring in Ridley and Jones for May and Parks, but that would have left the same potential doughnut problem in the ruck. Also Grundy is unlikely to get any cheaper while Ridley is very expensive and nearing his peak price. He threw in some very low scores at the end of last year and would only need to repeat one or two of those efforts for his price to drop considerably. Add to that, Meek is unlikely to make much more cash, or even play in the near future so trading him to Jones is a legitimate rookie downgrade, while trading the $102k Parks to Jones would just be a rookie correction.

LDU calf injury....

Brockman to watermelon.
LDU to Bowes .

Is what I'm thinking .
looks like good trades.
You have given LDU long enough mate.
A month is plenty to make a decision on a mid pricer.
Bowes looks amazing and Id be comfortable fielding waterman over Brockman each week.

looks like good trades.
You have given LDU long enough mate.
A month is plenty to make a decision on a mid pricer.
Bowes looks amazing and Id be comfortable fielding waterman over Brockman each week.

GC play before teams come out .

Grrrr.

Might be calf soreness.
No-one else reporting it .
Or he's not a big fish to care about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back