AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 3x AA 🏅🏅🏅 4x Crichton Medallist 🥇🥇🥇🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1104004

I shall provide the original for said photoshop purposes (I think it came off the club website but it's not immediately obvious in google images).

For a moment there I thought I was going to get an image photoshopped by Lore for meme purposes. That would have basically been the pinacle of my BigFooty experience.

For a moment there I thought I was going to get an image photoshopped by Lore for meme purposes. That would have basically been the pinacle of my BigFooty experience.
Well I could, but we have experts around here so I'll leave it to them. Also someone hereabouts has a readymade PNG file of the hat by itself so...

the hub cost us a bit in the end i think

Combination of form dip, coaching issues & being in each others pockets 24/7 was not ideal. A lot of players spoke of how difficult it was. Kinda like when you go on camp in school....by the end of it you get a little sick of your bestie.
If he was out of contract this year, i'd imagine we'd have kept Saad. I think he bailed when he could rather than stick it out with a new contract and see how fresh faces in Truck & Mahoney go.

It was the worst possible time to have poor leadership. And we had very, very poor leadership.

It was the worst possible time to have poor leadership. And we had very, very poor leadership.
Tanner gave no leadership from what I saw. Brasher looks like he has given a plan and direction and expects everyone to do their job. Leadership group hasn't changed that much. The difference is they have direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter what way you spin it it's a major setback if your best player leaves for greener pastures.
He’s our best but he's not exactly Gary Ablett.
if we're going to give huge money to someone I want them to be more damaging and break games open.
we'd be better off bringing in multiple budget upgrades so we can field an actual afl quality 22.

I'm assuming he was as strong on it as when he was asked about Joe.
It’s worth watching yourself haha, 11.30 in the Anzac PC in the club website.

The question was really long, something about how well Zach has been going, how good it is to have Zach there to support the younger guys such as Archie (who was also being interviewed) and having him around the club with more speculation in the last week.. how he feels about the situation...

He was just sort of nodding along and then the question turned to “speculation” and he sort of froze and then shook it off😂

He did say he had no doubt Zach would be around next year but the club didn’t even bother quoting that part in their tweet 🤷‍♀️ Probably with good reason considering what happened a year or two ago..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back