Game Day Port Adelaide v Carlton Blues - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Finding it very hard to get excited or feel good about a match in which we have Butters missing and Mayes in the side.
We have Wines and Boak as regular centre-square midfielders, and will rely on Gray, Amon and Houston to support them with little else. Hopefully Rozee has a career-defining day as a mid.

The balance of our side looks wrong - flankers coming in (Bergman, Woodcock, Mayes), and grunt and speed going out (Butters, Drew, Duursma). Players are going to have to step up big time all over the ground to get this done.

We better deal with it because that's going to be the case for a number of weeks. If not, the season slips away.

Time to see if our vaunted depth is a thing.

I mean. All I've known in my life supporting Port is unreliable performances, occasionally big losses, losing games we are expected to win etc.

Take out everything <=2004 and... It's exactly that. Even our best years were full of chokes etc.

It's just what we are, Hinkley has just made it worse.

That aside, I feel like we win today but with no real confidence.

If we were home we would win but away we are impossible to gauge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm genuinely excited for tonight, I see a big win on the table. All the analysis before our game with West Coast kept coming down to we had only played beat em ups and hadn't had to deal with any real pressure, while the Eagles were coming of a finals like game against the Bulldogs. Well tonight it's the reverse, we are the team coming of a final intensity like game and Carlton had a snore festival.

So im going with Georgie and orazio the wogs to kick 5 each, wines and boak to have 70 between them and Aliir to be bog with 15 intercept marks.

So Drew is the sub, and Frederick is not playing. Possible that 2 players get 0 quarters of footy.

With a medical sub now, you always have to travel with at least one more in case of a late injury.

So Drew is the sub, and Frederick is not playing. Possible that 2 players get 0 quarters of footy.

Mmm. There must be a reason for this. Someone doing a fitness test before the bounce.

With a medical sub now, you always have to travel with at least one more in case of a late injury.
The game vs South Adelaide should have been tomorrow. Annoys me that people keep missing game time. Why doesn't Port take a stand on this, instead of whether or not someone can move sideways on a mark?

Not feeling good about tonight.

Drive to Noarlunga to see Jase Burgoyne play live, he was a late out. Watch the Magpies lose after kicking themselves out of a win. Somehow managed to get seriously sun burnt.

Lock in a loss people. Its my fault. Apologies in advance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back