Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With these changes who would the medical sub be? Need it to not be Brockman but Silk was managed last week and got the sub but couldve been a way to get him to 400 games quicker. Any help would be great!

I totally get that Hartley isn’t a long term option. However he is very stiff. 25 disposals and a goal last week and defensively he wasn’t great but neither was Hartigan. Feel for the guy he couldn’t do much more. Certainly wasn’t in our bottom 10 players last week.

With these changes who would the medical sub be? Need it to not be Brockman but Silk was managed last week and got the sub but couldve been a way to get him to 400 games quicker. Any help would be great!
Cousins.

Brockman has been named for Box Hill. Aside from that snap against Geelong late he has been largely anonymous and looked nervous out there recently. Fine line between persevering with a kid so he gets used to the level and destroying someones confidence if they keep putting out shockers at AFL level, plus there are standards in performance that need to be met to earn a game. I guess it is one of the tough parts of a rebuild when you may have multiple players in a similar position.

come on.... we have a bunch of battlers that get games when they are out of form.

keep playing the kid. He is likely to bob up and kick 3 when we don’t expect him too.

Whipping boy. Coach’s don’t rate him.

Best kick at our club. I would be playing him.
Yeah like I said I totally get he isn’t a long term option. It’s not a great look though when they pick him and he plays pretty well, certainly contributed and then straight out the following week.

if they keep putting out shockers at AFL level, plus there are standards in performance that need to be met to earn a game

Agree with your sentiment but don't agree with your assessment of Brockman. He's kicked the second most goals in our side in his first year & had multiple moments that suggest he'll be a great player. IMO endurance and a little bit of timidness have been the only knocks on him so far. There are numerous players underperforming more. I very much doubt he'll play for BH - I'm pretty sure all emergencies are just automatically named in the BH side. Cousins, Ceglar & Hartley (the other emergencies) have also been named.

come on.... we have a bunch of battlers that get games when they are out of form.

keep playing the kid. He is likely to bob up and kick 3 when we don’t expect him too.

I can see both sides of the argument. I will say in this case to me it looks like more of a confidence issue rather than form. He has looked really unsure of himself and fumbly when the ball gets near him and has made some poor mistakes as a result. I think if it was just form he would have kept his place. I have full confidence Sammy will put his arm around him and he will perform well for Box Hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've selected a side in order the lose by less.

Continually selecting players who aren't the future who know the dour, ugly system we play so that we can restrict them from blowing us out.
We have just brought in three kids and with Howe probably a late out I’d say Cuz gets a game. I’m not sure what else they could’ve done except maybe Jeka for Tob, but that would’ve left us with really no one else to ruck other than Big boy.

We've selected a side in order the lose by less.

Continually selecting players who aren't the future who know the dour, ugly system we play so that we can restrict them from blowing us out.

Ah yes, the outs including the youthful 27 year old, 30 year old and the old uninspiring 22 year olds and under that were brought in.

Brockman has been named for Box Hill. Aside from that snap against Geelong late he has been largely anonymous and looked nervous out there recently. Fine line between persevering with a kid so he gets used to the level and destroying someones confidence if they keep putting out shockers at AFL level, plus there are standards in performance that need to be met to earn a game. I guess it is one of the tough parts of a rebuild when you may have multiple players in a similar position.

From limited opportunities I think Brockman has been good. 6 goals from 4 games is a good start to his career.

Marks Inside 50
Brockman 8 (2)
Breust 6 (1.5)
O’Brien 5 (1.3)
Hanrahan 4 (2)
Koschitzke 4 (1.3)
Moore 4 (1)

Tackles Inside 50
Brockman 6 (1.5)
Koschitzke 5 (1.7)
Breust 4 (1)
Moore 4 (1)

Ceglar. Cant get a gig when BB needs help v Gawn. Papers officially stamped.

Coaches have it in for Hartley. Was good last week.

Hoping Cousins is sub. We need another look.

They get another look at Nash and Ollie. Right now it's all list analysis. Big decisions on the list to be made later this season.
I think it’s ultimately Burgers or Hartley, the backline is too stacked otherwise. From a structure perspective, doesn’t make sense to drop Hartigan or Frost, so Hartley it is unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back