Preview Geelong vs North Melbourne - Sun April 18 @4:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also made the point that he’s being played out of position. We’ve got a first rounder half back flanker who can provide run and kicking off half back yet we play him on a forward flank, and we send a good honest toiler in Atkins (whose disposal is iffy at best) to play that crucial role

Disposal, awareness, tackling technique all iffy etc etc.

You can bet the Eagles will be in his ear next week looking to see if he'd like to return home,looking every chance he might go to if the approach is made,him and Tim Kelly ripping us up for the next decade is a nasty thought.

He came out last week and said he was settled in Geelong and had no regrets

Lol, Clark and Narkle out. Dahl keeps his spot. He'll never get dropped. Way to back the youth, Scotty.

Scott really is a nong. How in any way has Dahlhaus justified his spot in any game this year? Just thanking f that Z.Guthrie is gone. Small mercies I suppose..

So where do people expect Dekoning to play? We really need another key forward atm. But down back will allow Blicavs to play more ruck or the random midfield type role they like him to play.
I hope he’s not in the ruck he doesn’t look at all ready for that.
Being at home we’ll be able to defend much better. So I’m hoping he plays up forward.

Dalhous has got everything out of his body, but he's cooked, he should be coaching Leopold.

We lack speed across the ground, so what do we do, drop narkle, Clark and Holmes, our 3 quickest players. Dalhous, kolo and Myers have all been terrible.

I actually like Atkins at half back, but play Clark on the other flank,

This wins not going to cover the cracks of the season so far, where our structure and game plan is so 2020, it's not working scotty

Scott really is a nong. How in any way has Dahlhaus justified his spot in any game this year? Just thanking f that Z.Guthrie is gone. Small mercies I suppose..
Zuth is still hanging around like a ripe fart,I won't feel safe until he doesn't make the emergency's.

Zuth is still hanging around like a ripe fart,I won't feel safe until he doesn't make the emergency's.
There was barely a week he wasn't an emergency last year, doubt it'll be much different this year

I won’t until he’s delisted. He’s literally one of the least competent players I’ve seen in 40+ years of watching this game.

So where do people expect Dekoning to play? We really need another key forward atm. But down back will allow Blicavs to play more ruck or the random midfield type role they like him to play.
Being at home we’ll be able to defend much better. So I’m hoping he plays up forward.
He's named at CHF - so maybe he'll line up there as another forward option, or maybe we'll see a few players shift around before the start of the match

I don't agree that the selection of Holmes (1 game) and Sam DK proves Scott supports youth. Scott's issue is he won't drop players who have any pretensions to being a 'name' player. Generally fringe dwellers get dropped - Narkle, Chooka, Zac Guthrie, Fort and others. As has been pointed out here Bomber dropped several champions along the way and, according to Scott Gullan, in his book about the 2007 flag, once told Chapman he is "a little piss-ant".

Other clubs drop under-performing regulars - Paddy Dow is the latest.

Even Hawkins has had sustained lean patches and certainly Bews, Kolo and Dalhouse are hardly in the category of indispensable players - they should all have had a spell in the VFL at various times and there are others.

Clark's omission is a mistake; he is undoubtedly the future, he should be playing half-back where he starred in the Under-18 Nationals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to think that perhaps Corey Enright and Matty Scarlett have a lot more dominion over team selection than we're aware of...

You have to wonder why 'defensive pressure' is always so much more lauded than natural attacking flair. It's not Clark's fault he doesn't have defensive tendencies...HE'S MEANT TO BE AN ATTACKING HALF BACK!!

You can bet the Eagles will be in his ear next week looking to see if he'd like to return home,looking every chance he might go to if the approach is made,him and Tim Kelly ripping us up for the next decade is a nasty thought.
If that happens I'll be livid. If I was him at his age though I'd be choosing Freo.

Starting to think that perhaps Corey Enright and Matty Scarlett have a lot more dominion over team selection than we're aware of...

You have to wonder why 'defensive pressure' is always so much more lauded than natural attacking flair. It's not Clark's fault he doesn't have defensive tendencies...HE'S MEANT TO BE AN ATTACKING HALF BACK!!
Think he’s been pretty average tbh.
If fit is he even best 22? Not convinced Clark is

Scott still seems to get sh*t for Blake not playing 100 games, so maybe he's softened in that a bit will look at the milestone match options if feasible but nothing guaranteed beyond that...

Coaches look at the their selections differently than players they inherrit. What was promised way back..he also still has a year to go... make it difficult if one drops he now.. he may be looking at two years at VFL level paying a heap. That probably hurts SalCap

I would like to see him play forward. That’s where the need is.

trade Parfitt, happy to see Clark out of the side but loves him some Dahlhaus and Rohan . . . . .

Think you missed one Robert. The one where I disagreed with Dahlhaus being in the side. See specsavers and get your eyes tested.

Dahlhaus needs to buy a powerball ticket. Lucky lucky man.

If you frothed at the mouth a little less over me you’d have seen that.

Dahl keeping his spot is not a surprise. MC places huge store in his experience and the ‘structural’ and pressure roles he plays. They would be blaming the tiny output on his disrupted pre season. (I wonder if the large wage/multiple year deal also plays on the MC’s mind). In any case the MC would rather persevere with Dahl as he builds fitness and form. In the short term I think it would require a fully fit Simpson to push him out. As pointed out by others, we don’t have a young player in this position in VFL demanding selection - maybe as the VFL progresses someone might show a really strong run of form as a small/pressure forward but not holding my breath.

FWIW - I hugely dislike this approach of perpetually backing out-of-form/fitness veterans . In this case it simply emboldens opposition half backs knowing that Dahl is a weakness and (as others point out) sends a terrible signal to the ‘next Gen’. Sometimes you have to take a risk with youth, particularly when it replaces an older player that is hugely underperforming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back