Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceglar. Cant get a gig when BB needs help v Gawn. Papers officially stamped.

Coaches have it in for Hartley. Was good last week.

Hoping Cousins is sub. We need another look.

They get another look at Nash and Ollie. Right now it's all list analysis. Big decisions on the list to be made later this season.
Who would you keep out of Ollie / Nash?

Im sure there’s positioning and running work that Brockman needs to work on that he can get way more advanced in under Mitch in the 2s for a few weeks. I thought last week that it was about time. That said, fingers crossed he is breaking the door back down in the next few weeks.

Yeah like I said I totally get he isn’t a long term option. It’s not a great look though when they pick him and he plays pretty well, certainly contributed and then straight out the following week.
Hartley has got a bit of a Matt Spangler feel about him and wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a gig at a team like the Dogs where he goes on to win a premiership. Not talking about game style just the situation he’s in on a rebuilding team.

Im sure there’s positioning and running work that Brockman needs to work on that he can get way more advanced in under Mitch in the 2s for a few weeks. I thought last week that it was about time. That said, fingers crossed he is breaking the door back down in the next few weeks.
This. IMO I reckon getting dropped and seeing how you respond can be just as important as kicking a bag. Hopefully he takes the challenge on and doesn’t drop his head.

From limited opportunities I think Brockman has been good. 6 goals from 4 games is a good start to his career.

Marks Inside 50
Brockman 8 (2)
Breust 6 (1.5)
O’Brien 5 (1.3)
Hanrahan 4 (2)
Koschitzke 4 (1.3)
Moore 4 (1)

Tackles Inside 50
Brockman 6 (1.5)
Koschitzke 5 (1.7)
Breust 4 (1)
Moore 4 (1)

Vickery gave us 2 goals from 6 games
Patton gave us 3 goals from 6 games

Brockman already has those experienced players covered. More to come.

Maybe he's a bit sore, or down on energy after his first month of full time AFL, including a Perth trip?

He doesn't have anywhere near their versatility and isn't a good enough kick. Different roles.
He was our pretty much our leading midfield goal kicker from only a few games 2yrs ago - be nice having a mid hit the scoreboard every week who can also tackle.

Surely Howe doesn't play after that hit last week.

Howe will play. For what its worth these are good changes. I know ppl wont agree but we have become so much quicker across the ground. Nash and ollie deserve their chance. Hartley stiff but he just does not have a match up. Kosi comes back in for lewis. If im honest i really like the changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was our pretty much our leading midfield goal kicker from only a few games 2yrs ago - be nice having a mid hit the scoreboard every week who can also tackle.

Surely Howe doesn't play after that hit last week.

Do you mean in 2018 when he kicked none, 2019 when he was behind Worpel, Shiels, Wingard, Scully and Smith, or in 2020 when he kicked 1 goal in 6 games?

Greaves and Cousins finished the season well can’t get a look in this year, Impey probably taken Greaves spot, to me it’s puzzling that Howe has jumped ahead of Cousins
Howe is more versatile. He is not competing with cuz. Cuz is competing with worps and the rest of the mids

Do you mean in 2018 when he kicked none, 2019 when he was behind Worpel, Shiels, Wingard, Scully and Smith, or in 2020 when he kicked 1 goal in 6 games?
So what you're saying is that he kicks more goals then O'meara and Mitchell? But conveniently included wingers and a class forward who all play completely different roles for your stats. Well done, are you in politics or write the questions for polls to get the answer you want?

So what you're saying is that he kicks more goals then O'meara and Mitchell? But conveniently included wingers and a class forward who all play completely different roles for your stats. Well done, are you in politics or write the questions for polls to get the answer you want?
What he’s saying is that you’ve misrepresented Cousins as a goal kicking mid.

Howe is more versatile. He is not competing with cuz. Cuz is competing with worps and the rest of the mids

At the end of the day we don't need a slow (decision maker and across the ground) winger. It's the antithesis of where the game is going.

His one real positive is his big body and his willingness to use it. Yet we are taking that away from from.

Well Cousins is a better kick than Mitchell, Worpel, O’Meara and Shiels and quicker, so I wouldn’t say he’s competing with them
He clearly is competing with them otherwise he’d be playing off a flank or wing at Box Hill?

In a single season he did, in 2019, when Tom Mitchell missed every game with a broken leg. So he kicked less than all but one regular midfielder who actually played a game that season. Still has only one solitary game of multiple goals.

O'Meara on the other hand is an actual goal kicking mid who has kicked 4 and 3 goals multiple times in a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back