Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon, you know that these reports are all rosey and not something to be taken as gospel. They're never going to post anything negative about a player. You're better than this.

I've asked quite a few who were at the games and their general consensus was he hardly sighted except for the one game. I trust their opinion because they're not going to turn their opinions into a puff piece.
Translation: I trust other people who, like me, have a bias against a guy that the coaches say is ticking all the right boxes weekly.

the coaches comments have been very balanced, with commentary even about what players are not doing or need to improve on.

I'm not. It's more so those cultists who think nothing's wrong and all the selections are peach don't waste their time typing out a response because I won't be reading it nor quoting it (with the odd exception where I quote simply to say not to quote me because they're continually quoting me screaming the house isn't on fire because they're not alight.)

There are plenty on here who'll disagree because of differing reasoning, but aren't cultists, and I have no issue with them. e.g. Kenneje

Bullshit. Do you really think anyone on this board thinks there is “nothing wrong”? We’re not good and we have limited choices. The fact that some are more comfortable with those choices than you doesn’t make them a cultist.

Participate or don’t. But you can’t put conditions on that.

I might even add Cousins to the staple and Shiels to the rotations.

When your team is 3rd last in clearances and 2nd last in inside 50's, then why not search for more answers?

We need better players around Mitchell and JOM. Wingard is a huge plus in that regard. Hopefully Worpel finds his 2019 form. After that it's pretty bare - so hopefully our quick skillful players get a go and compliment those core mids. Howe on the wing isn't one of them.

CJ has improved with every game he has played, can’t say that about Nash, he gets he’s will need to start showing improvement

Definitely. Last year he was playing probably the worst football ever from a Hawthorn player. He was absolutely dreadful.

But now he should be coming into the side with some confidence and some good form behind him. Hopefully he is ready for the opportunity.

Excited to see Nash back in. If he can help keep the ball in our forward half he'll hold his spot. Ollie doesn't pose a threat when he doesn't get hold of the footy. If he gets some touches and nails his set shots, he'll keep his spot too.

Some nice lil ins let's see if Nash& Hanrahan can cause some forward 50
stoppages.
A few guys can count them selves very lucky they are not joining Ceglar this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon, you know that these reports are all rosey and not something to be taken as gospel. They're never going to post anything negative about a player. You're better than this.

I've asked quite a few who were at the games and their general consensus was he hardly sighted except for the one game. I trust their opinion because they're not going to turn their opinions into a puff piece.

Again, flat out bullshit - puff pieces don't normally have comments like these. You're warping the truth to be more comfortable with your own opinions, and then expecting people to not laugh that you're trusting anonymous friends watching the games more than the coaching staff.

Damon Greaves
"Greavesy had some good, physical moments as the game wore on. His defend-first mindset wasn't quite where it needed to be on the weekend though, we'd like to see his balance slightly better than that. That area continues to be a work in progress for him."

Harry Pepper
"Their small forwards caused us some trouble. Pepp had two strong performances going into this week, but he wasn't able to replicate that form unfortunately on the weekend."

Emerson Jeka
"Jek struggled to get involved in the contest. He managed to make a contribution by hitting the scoreboard with a couple of goals. But he was beaten by his opponent on the day."Not found

Personally i think we have given Nash enough changes and quite frankly i don't think he is AFL standard. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

2 Ruckman has not worked and Ceglar hardly provides any impact, so glad we have omitted him .

Still think Cousins is stiff ... but surely will get his opportunity sooner then later

I don’t see what others see with Hanrahan. Prove me wrong Ollie, prove me wrong. :$
Is pretty good when he gets enough of the ball. Very good goal-sneak, but the physical pressure side of the game doesn't come naturally to him. It's really his set shot misses which hurt him though - if he can tidy that up there might be a role for him.

Intrigued by Scrimshaw named on the wing. But then again, wasn't Worpel named at full-back recently? Gone are the days when the magnets told the story.

Cousins, Hartley or Brockman the sub d'you think?

I will never understand the mindset of some people on this board betting against players being rewarded for good form just because they don't like them, and they enjoy the smug self satisfaction they get if they're right.

Far out I expected some drama from a few based on the selections but jesus christ what an over the top reaction from some.
Nash=kid=good
Hanrahan=kid=good
Burgoyne=has kids=good
Kosi=kid=good

But in all seriousness these ins make sense and are based on reward for effort.
I'm glad Brocky is getting a break from the 1's because it's a lot of pressure on a kid to come in and immediately be our best performing forward- let him have a few weeks in the 2's with some people he'll hopefully be playing a solid decade worth of footy with in our front end.
Ceglar needs this I feel- give him some time to find his head and have a right crack next time he comes in to the side.
Hartely is stiff, but I'm sure there's reasons for it- even if it's just team matchups based on how the oppo play (important to pay attention to when selecting defenders)

To the people sooking and complaining already: you're taking the piss, right? Saying that players were good last season doesn't justify them coming in mid the following season just because you can't understand how to balance a teamsheet to save yourself.
Genuine pisstake the way some people carry on about our selections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back