Game Day Round 5 Nmfc V Geelong 4:40pm Sunday 18th April 2021 GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, needs more ambition. Campbell does a Blight and kicks a torp after the siren from 75m out. One or two posters self-combust as a result.

75m torp is definitely in his range though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is Xerri not fit? I don’t get it..
Could just be as simple as seeing that in terms of structure alone Campbell improved us, and under a new regime he's been given a chance to improve on his personal form. As much as I would love Xerri in the seniors, being the number one man at VFL won't be bad for his development either.

I'm guessing that if Xerri runs out the round 1 VFL game fine and puts up good numbers again (the proper season being a much better benchmark than practise matches), and if Campbell can't improve his form, then they will probably switch.

That said, maybe his fitness/conditioning is under a cloud. He did have an interrupted pre season and then suffered a bad corky a week or two ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North by 3, Big boy Tommy Campbell to take a set shot after the siren to put us in front

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

nMo39.jpg

North by 200 points:
http://springfieldfiles.com/sounds/frink/gambletron.mp3

My fear is that it's their home turf, their pride is hurt, and we probably won't be capable of being competitive for the whole game. Geelong have a habit of burying poorer teams, and I think that's what we're in for.

Personally the three generalised things I'm looking forward to are seeing how we match up against them when both teams are bringing the intensity, how long we can maintain AFL standard intensity when it's needed, and to see if we can get a half dozen or so blitzing scoring chains from the back half again. LDU out hopefully means more centre square minutes for Phillips, and I'm super looking forward to that the most in terms of individual performances.

I can see us making it competitive for the first quarter....maybe 2 and then Cats kicking away.

Surprise me.
As long as the surprise is not: not being competitive at all... Which wouldn’t be a surprise.
But I agree with your initial statement.
Who knows, we might get our running game going and get a few early... But that might be hard to maintain with little space on the narrower ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back