AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Low grade quad strain, 3 to 4 weeks (R1-R2) - 4/3

Remove this Banner Ad

14 - Ridley.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2029
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 3, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was directing traffic in the backline, in the absence of anyone more experienced back there. good signs

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I still think he should’ve got a gig last year.

The only thing I can see standing in his way is how successful we are as a team.

They love loading up on top 4 backmen. Who usually have the easiest job in the comp, generally protected by A grade midfields.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty poor effort early when he turned his back on the play and left Buddy in for an easy mark and goal.
Needs to be better than that. Has the tools, just has to improve on the defensive actions.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
So i am a bit fuzzy on the rules, but because he was subbed out with a concussion does he automatically get ruled out next week or do we have an opportunity to play him if he checks out

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
So i am a bit fuzzy on the rules, but because he was subbed out with a concussion does he automatically get ruled out next week or do we have an opportunity to play him if he checks out

Pretty sure he cannot play next week regardless.

Pretty sure he cannot play next week regardless.

Being substituted out of the game you can still play the next week if you're fit.

Being concussed means you have to sit out for 10 days, even if it happens during training or preseason or whatever it still carries into any games over the next 10 days.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Being substituted out of the game you can still play the next week if you're fit.

Being concussed means you have to sit out for 10 days, even if it happens during training or preseason or whatever it still carries into any games over the next 10 days.
While agree, I thought it was 12 days

You think he'll be looked at by the MRP?
if it is the one I think it is- it was a pretty crude high hit with high impact that resulted in a concussion to an essendon player... so probably not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back