Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing when you don't come on a 3 qtr time with fresh legs. There's a reason he is where he is.....

Be either plays as a 3rd fwd or not at all

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Should have played up forward on pace of JSOS. He plays his best footy at AFL level up forward, and even proved this with a good run of games last year (or the year before?). It's obvious he is limited as a midfielder and I dunno, maybe play him in his strongest position?

That goes for SPS as well.

I knew we were in trouble when I saw them carry off Gibbs after the game last season and not one Adelaide player contributed....an opposition player who elected to leave the club. That single action told me a lot about the mindset of the players and the club. After watching today, the chickens have come home to roost.
Yep that whole love-fest from that match was very bloody strange to me.

It's funny to think before the season I thought we would likely finish 10-12. If all things why right possibly sneak into the 8. I had sides like Swans and Crows below us. Didn't realise 10-12 was generous because in reality we are a bottom 4 side still.

Firstly our list management is a disgrace, not picking up a Ruckman was a mistake. Pittonet is not a number 1 option and is our only option....

Secondly our fitness staff including the "best in the business" Russell is a joke. I honestly don't remember a time we ran out a game. Our spread and transition defence is laughable. Rolling out a slob like McGovern who still isn't fit is equally embarassing.

Our coaching and development is the worst in the league. We play players out of position. Struggle to develop and integrate young talent and refuse to move on from relying on the same old..

Tonight's game was more of the same, it's not even the losing that bothers me sadly. It's the fact the effort is just not there and hasn't been for a long time.

Our off and on field leadership and culture has to be fixed or we will never improve

Last edited:

As I said in the pre game thread, we are flat track bullies. Our form never warranted us having a chance against this mob. We beat up on an Injury ravaged Freo including Fyfe and then barely won against Goldcoast who had no ruck division at all. We arent a finals team, we don't play like a finals team and even against the lower teams we only just get over the line. We never thrash teams.

We would be laughed out of the finals playing that type of bomb the ball s**t that seems we have been playing for 10 years. Every ball is bombed in from any clearance and when you have players like Harry who like to lead and mark, bombing it in only creates a one on one contest that allows easily for the likes of Alir Alir to spoil.

I've never seen so many players who get caught ball watching as what I saw tonight. For those who watched it on TV u wouldn't have seen it.

Example was when Petrevski kicked it 15m straight to one of the port players in their 50. He stood there and swore at himself, while mean while his direct opponent was standing in the pocket about 15m from him and had the ball kicked to him to which only then Sammo snapped out of his trance and realised. All too late. The guy stuffed the shot at goal but there were 3 errors in the apace of 10 seconds from Sammo. Stuffed the kick, didn't man up after error, then ball watched. He needs to be dropped. His constant 15m kicking is so painful to watch.

This game was really no surprise but still disappointing the crap effort we gave. So many foot and hand errors and our team seems so slow on their legs.

Cripps very frustrating. Always trying to do too much and was one of the culprits in banging the ball into 50 to the opposition tonight and burning players who were free for an easy mark.

Outs should be Sammo, Betts, Newnes and Murphy.

Ins: Stocker, Ramsay, cuningham and maybe Philp or the like.

Certainly didn’t think Eddie was going to be a starting 18 player this year, looks like he’s got half a game in him, max.

IC/Sub at best you’d think.
He's good for a couple of games then fades out.

Last edited:
When you are at the game and get to see how we structure up, how we spread etc you realise just how bad we are.

You know what's funny though?

We had:

more scoring shots
more inside 50s
more tackles
more clearances
more free kicks
less clangers

but we still looked so bang average. The signs have been there all year.

You can't play Murphy & Eddie in the same side.
You can't play SPS in the backline.
You can't play Ed Curnow as anything besides a tagger.

Really sad to see Docherty tonight. I think he's lost it. I bloody hope I am wrong but he hasn't been AFL standard this season.

What makes it worse is our injury list is so long we can't make the changes everyone wants.

I could make a list of who the writing is on the wall for but it is actually easier to do the opposite.

Walsh. Weitering. Saad. Fogarty. Cripps (luckily he is good at clearances).

Everyone else is playing for their career, bloody act like it.

Just a few more random thoughts... After Liddle and Teague calling for fans to show up this week, they're going to have a harder task next week... Please, please play Stocker... And I am struggling to see how anyone 31 or above will be in our next Premiership side, so can we please have a few of the younger players (although today at VFL only Stocker certainly, and Cuningham to some degree could really lay a claim). Missing the Jack-Jacks and TDK. Hoping for a better showing next week...
Good on you for still having hope.

Done. Whom would like to hold the monies for this bet?
I wont bet you for $500

But happy to do a 1 litre bottle of grey goose or the equivalent of your poison

So let me get this straight 'If Richmond v Port GF ' The bet is on if different no bet ? Or are you taking any team that meets Richmond if they make the GF

Long way away.

Like so far away it's hard to see the 2016 rebuild get us to the finals. Likely we might need to rebuild again.

Dow, O Brien, Setterfield, SPS, Cuningham, Kennedy, Marchbank, Curnow, McGovern... huge investment in these guys via trades or draft and we have had no returns - injuries, mind set, physicality.

Kemp, Stocker, Philip haven't been fit to play since they've arrived.

Dark times. Dark dark times

Your right....who recruited these guys?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just rewatched the first three quarters. My (negative) notes for the third:

Jones was pushed. So really crucial goals from stuff that went against us either side of half time. (Lysett 50 and subsequent goal was rubbish). Hurt a lot.

23 down now. Doc just rubbish again. Pissweak tackle attempt Newnes. Amon goal.
Shocking kick doc but got away with it.

Samo kicks in board to Saad. No idea who is even looking at. Turnover.

21 down. Ball going forward. McKay tries to outmark allirr from behind. s**t idea.

Just repeat entries due to s**t footy by us results in inevitable goal.

27 down. Cripps bursts forward to centre half forward. Has Newnes to his outside alone streaming into 50.......but blazes away.

Stupid push out by Casboult against us. Lots of s**t errors now. Crap kick by Jones. Ball goes forward eventually....Georgiadis goal. They don’t miss.

McGovern good mark centre half back followed by s**t kick...s**t chase sps. Goal Dixon.

My lord. Williamson out on the full. Just shocking. Goal from boundary by rhem. They don’t miss.

Murphy one step lazy as hell kick out of backline. Turnover.

At game ...thoughts

Collingwood games much worse.
Effort there for first 2.5 quarters, contested ball wins kept us in it. We gave up a bit after they torched as in the last part of 3rd quarter.

We butchered the ball and could not get any flow going. Port looked much better and controlled game. Cant put all the mistakes we make on the coach.

Interesting posts on betts, however he remained our most creative forward.

Fan of Sps but he was really poor. Williamson is not suited to his role. Gibbons really is not good enough.
A few others had poor games. Curnow who love lowered his colours.

This team is not good enough and we need to recognise and start playing our kids more.

Mclovin down back, drop williamson. Three talls kills our forward press which we need to be competitive. Bring in Owies.
Kennedy out. Cunners in.
Murphy needs to step back now...no point in him preventing next batch playing.

Oh saad, weitering and walsh easily our best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The play that summed it up for me and made my blood boil at the same time was, SPS choosing not to go for the spoil between Dixon and Weitering on the wing... absolutely chickened out of the contest. Was down right embarrassing
It appeard as if weiters berated him for something directly after that incident. sps has so much to offer but really showed no urgency tonight. Needed to click out of first gear a hell of a lot more.

wasn’t alone being poor though.

Last edited:
In fairness to SOS, he wasn’t involved in player development, strategy, game day coaching, etc.
The list isn’t bad, the way we develop the players is.
post of the thread

I didn't expect a win and predicted a result like this. But it's the same sh*t every week. Cripps missing a goal a captain should kick (and playing like he has the last 2 years), the other captain dropping sitters, Eddie and Murphy doing nothing and shouldnt be on the list let alone in the team.....

Same sh*t every week.

Eddie clocked assists for a full third of our total goals, so I’d argue he didn’t do nothing, exactly...

Just a few more random thoughts... After Liddle and Teague calling for fans to show up this week, they're going to have a harder task next week... Please, please play Stocker... And I am struggling to see how anyone 31 or above will be in our next Premiership side, so can we please have a few of the younger players (although today at VFL only Stocker certainly, and Cuningham to some degree could really lay a claim). Missing the Jack-Jacks and TDK. Hoping for a better showing next week...
Here's a random thought ....why the hell was most of level 4 off limits, forcing people to pack into the lower levels. Covid safety would dictate spreading out, and instead I had to sit next to the port cheer squad behind the goals or pay a king's ransom for a better spot.

I didn't expect a win and predicted a result like this. But it's the same sh*t every week. Cripps missing a goal a captain should kick (and playing like he has the last 2 years), the other captain dropping sitters, Eddie and Murphy doing nothing and shouldnt be on the list let alone in the team.....

Same sh*t every week.

The problem I have with you specifically is while you're ostensibly a realist when you profer a fair dinkum opinion, you're also kind of a troll who enjoys watching other people melt.

So, when you say that you predicted a result like this, it's akin to you having a bob both ways; if we win, you get to play it off as having a bit of a laugh at people's expense, whilst getting to 'be right' if things play out the way you think they will.

Don't get me wrong, I've a lot of time for your opinion, and you're here to dish it out all week. Just, it's awfully easy to say 'I predicted this' when you predict the same thing every week, sometimes only to get a reaction.

I mean, last week they beat Richmond without trying for a direct counter to their pressure game; they went head to head with a side that won 3 flags in 4 years, and were just better. Not better for 5 minutes, but missed more shots in the last quarter that they should've kicked. They're a bloody good team, and that third term is about as good a quarter of footy as they've played this year.

I've got to question what y'all thought was going to happen. They're that much better than us at a neutral venue, probably a little more at home a little less here; we played poorly, and they played well. They're not usually clinical; they usually do enough to get clear then play slow classy footy. They were clinical tonight; whenever we goaled, they answered quickly. Whenever we got a sliver of confidence or that faintest of hope, they snuffed it out.

So, I log on here, and what do I see? The same bunch of people I always see after a loss, doing as they always do. Am I happy with how things proceed? Nope. I'm pretty ******* shitty. But I can think of few things I can stomach less than the weakness of the so called 'supporters' on here. You show up to stick the boots in to people already hurting. You're scum.

The problem is clearly elucidated; we failed to successfully avoid Aliir and their intercept defense, and paid the penalty. They cut teams up like hot butter on transition, and so they cut through us.

I don't know how people convinced themselves we'd win this. They finished top of the ladder last year, and we jumped them then; they were never going to turn up tonight as anything less than prepared.

yes they’re a good side but it’s the method thats what is pissing everyone off. At the game the supporters were livid at the ball movement and game plan... it’s amateur hour... with a proper system with a bit of thought behind it and with the effort we bring we can more than match it with any team including port Adelaide.

It’s the lack of creativity, the indecision with the ball that makes us so easy to play against and counter attack and it’s so plain to see ... it’s so frustrating. We are six years into a rebuild. We have first round picks a plenty who were the most skilled in their crop and the way we play the game makes them look average and easy to play against.
That’s the problem

yes they’re a good side but it’s the method thats what is pissing everyone off. At the game the supporters were livid at the ball movement and game plan... it’s amateur hour... with a proper system with a bit of thought behind it and with the effort we bring we can more than match it with any team including port Adelaide.

It’s the lack of creativity, the indecision with the ball that makes us so easy to play against and counter attack and it’s so plain to see ... it’s so frustrating. We are six years into a rebuild. We have first round picks a plenty who were the most skilled in their crop and the way we play the game makes them look average and easy to play against.
That’s the problem
Good teams make average opposition look poor. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you.

Did you think we were better than average? Did you have us top 4 this year?

Here's a random thought ....why the hell was most of level 4 off limits, forcing people to pack into the lower levels. Covid safety would dictate spreading out, and instead I had to sit next to the port cheer squad behind the goals or pay a king's ransom for a better spot.
There are supposed to be 5 zones at the ground. I’m not sure what they were up to tonight.

Back