Preview Geelong vs North Melbourne - Sun April 18 @4:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox footy suggesting we are going to pick Ablett up in the mid season draft...
It's come from an interview Gary did with the Herald Sun

Not sure we have a spot available on the list or any current long term injuries that would rule a player out for the year

Doubt it happens

The main thing I've got from the omission of Clark is the number of fans who still can't spell his name right even though this is his third year on our list

There's some names that I understand are a bit more tricky to spell, but surely Clark isn't one of them
It's the autocorrect. I never spell Kolodjashnij wrong but will often write "ABS" instead of "and" or "week" instead of "will"

You can bet the Eagles will be in his ear next week looking to see if he'd like to return home,looking every chance he might go to if the approach is made,him and Tim Kelly ripping us up for the next decade is a nasty thought.
You don't think they are doing that already? Couldn't care less if he wants to go home - he has to earn his spot. Fear of what he might do for some other team shouldn't mean you overlook what he doesn't do for his current team.

Last edited:
It's the autocorrect. I never spell Kolodjashnij wrong but will often write "ABS" instead of "and" or "week" instead of "will"
I need my phone to learn Kolodjashnij - it's learnt the names of other players, but doesn't like Jake or Blicavs

You don't think they aren't doing that already? Couldn't care less if he wants to go home - he has to earn his spot. Fear of what he might do for some other team shouldn't mean you overlook what he doesn't do for his current team.

You mean to tell me that WCE (or any team) won't talk to another teams player (whether said player is contracted or out of contact at seasons end) if we just keep said player in the senior side and play them every week?

Bugger, that's where we must have gone wrong with Kelly and it was when he was dropped from the seniors that opened up the opportunity for WCE to talk to him... Oh wait :rolleyes:

I need my phone to learn Kolodjashnij - it's learnt the names of other players, but doesn't like Jake or Blicavs
Most phones on here would have Jake autocorrected to 'Out: Kolo'

Clark getting dropped after being played out of position and everywhere on the ground other than his suited role as an attacking hbf/quarterback.

Where we have a team absolutely void of any attacking flair in the back half.

You cannot make this sh*t up
There's always been a premium on being able to push back defensively under Scott ... Clark is just not there yet. I reckon he will be, but it will mean learning positions and defensive running until he does.

Miers is the one for me who has been down (watching from afar). Tackles being broken easily or he's just not getting close, not seeing as much run (and he's elite) either.

Hopefully as the side begins to settle he can kick it up a notch.

Oh and yeah Dalhaus needs a good one this week....

Clark is being played out of position, ridiculous to play him forward last week. Even though he is down on confidence and form, he has kicked 3 good goals that show his quality. Disillusioned.

Worried about O’Connor, though hope that injury explains his shocker last week.

Playing De Koning is a smart move. Might be last chance before spots become very tight and the pressure goes up a notch.
Agree! The right game to do it in too. One of the aspects of the game I'm looking forward to.:whitecheck:

Clark getting dropped after being played out of position and everywhere on the ground other than his suited role as an attacking hbf/quarterback.

That happened to Parsons for 3 years, and now he is BOG for Carlton VFL every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bartel went thru a period at the start too.. if he is just teaching what he wants ..then its a quite reasonable.

I thought Narkle was a bit stiff but there was always going to be some unlucky finger pointing after the melb game.

Difference being that Parsons is a VFL player. Clark is a potential 200 gamer
Is now, but he is laden with talent, and was played in positions he had not played in at TAC level.
Clark will probably not play those 200 games at Geelong at this rate?

Starting to think that perhaps Corey Enright and Matty Scarlett have a lot more dominion over team selection than we're aware of...

You have to wonder why 'defensive pressure' is always so much more lauded than natural attacking flair. It's not Clark's fault he doesn't have defensive tendencies...HE'S MEANT TO BE AN ATTACKING HALF BACK!!
Agree with that yet I haven’t seen much defensive pressure from
Cats this year. Have a look at Langdon last week waltzing it out. And opposition defensive 50- F50 chains cats rank lowly.

Is now, but he is laden with talent, and was played in positions he had not played in at TAC level.
Clark will probably not play those 200 games at Geelong at this rate?

Reality is 17 other clubs passed on parsons. If Clark was delisted at the end of the year, he’d have 17 suitors.

Reality is 17 other clubs passed on parsons. If Clark was delisted at the end of the year, he’d have 17 suitors.
This year maybe.
Parsons will get another chance. Was speaking to an AFL listed Carlton VFL player on Thursday, and he brought up Parsons. Said he was outstanding already. They have hardly played. Anyway, let's hope Clark is a late in today.

Don’t hate the outs in isolation, and the coach made clear that Dahlhaus would play despite his poor form, and yet...I remain disappointed. SDK will be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back