Preview Changes vs Hawks (Rnd 5) In: Petty, Hibberd, MBrown Out: Fritsch(inj), Jetta(Omit), May(inj), Sparrow(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the problem is he’s a tiny midget. At his size and weight he won’t be able to consistently stick tackles at the senior level.
I mean Spargo does, it's more so a willingness to tackle which he has. It's why he has to play forward though because he's a liability in the air.

Na, he's got class and is fierce for his size. Doesn't look out of place at all.

If Caleb Daniel can make it Bowey can too, he's got way more athleticism and similar skills.
I mean Spargo does, it's more so a willingness to tackle which he has. It's why he has to play forward though because he's a liability in the air.
Oh don’t disagree and I think he can make it, I just think that he needs another preseason.

Oh don’t disagree and I think he can make it, I just think that he needs another preseason.

Hes probably the best kick on our list already. I'd play him on a wing early days.

The only concern for me right now with him getting a game would be if we tried playing him across half back. Opposing teams would attempt to pick on his direct match up and try to move him deep.

Hes probably the best kick on our list already. I'd play him on a wing early days.

The only concern for me right now with him getting a game would be if we tried playing him across half back. Opposing teams would attempt to pick on his direct match up and try to move him deep.
I wanna see him around half forward. We have 0 problems with ball movement but we still don't connect perfectly forward of centre. 10 kicks in the forward half by him could lead to a few goals.

I wanna see him around half forward. We have 0 problems with ball movement but we still don't connect perfectly forward of centre. 10 kicks in the forward half by him could lead to a few goals.
Like a short version of Braden Campbell?

Like a short version of Braden Campbell?
Errol Gulden is the connector at the swans. #1 in the AFL for kicks inside 50.
Think it was like 40% of his kicks lead directly to a score.

He might be the player I was talking about us trading for.

Errol Gulden is the connector at the swans. #1 in the AFL for kicks inside 50.
Think it was like 40% of his kicks lead directly to a score.

He might be the player I was talking about us trading for.
Bowey at half forward is Errol Gulden.
Bowey at half back is a less penetrating Braeden Campbell

Bowey at half forward is Errol Gulden.
Bowey at half back is a less penetrating Braeden Campbell
I think it’s also about getting him into the gameplan. Advantage the academy kids have is they come in already knowing a lot of the system. Easier said than done.

I think he’s absolutely in the mix for Melk’s slot. Thing is I also think our smalls mix is pretty settled; Kozzie/ANB/Spargo are all locks on form right now. He’s going to have to shake one of them loose otherwise.

Good problem to have.

I think it’s also about getting him into the gameplan. Advantage the academy kids have is they come in already knowing a lot of the system. Easier said than done.

I think he’s absolutely in the mix for Melk’s slot. Thing is I also think our smalls mix is pretty settled; Kozzie/ANB/Spargo are all locks on form right now. He’s going to have to shake one of them loose otherwise.

Good problem to have.

Nah we've still got Sparrow and Jordan floating around doing nothing. He can take their spots.

Nah we've still got Sparrow and Jordan floating around doing nothing. He can take their spots.
JJ ain’t going anywhere.

If he keeps having 4 disposals games he will be playing for Morwell next year.
Jordan's class, he's the missing piece in our midfield, he's inside/outside, makes good decisions going forward and is a great kick. I'm happy to excuse a s**t performance in his 4th game when he played half the game and was banished to a forward pocket all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan's class, he's the missing piece in our midfield, he's inside/outside, makes good decisions going forward and is a great kick. I'm happy to excuse a sh*t performance in his 4th game when he played half the game and was banished to a forward pocket all day.

I don't see it at all. Looks your borderline vfl/afl player to me.

Jordan's class, he's the missing piece in our midfield, he's inside/outside, makes good decisions going forward and is a great kick. I'm happy to excuse a sh*t performance in his 4th game when he played half the game and was banished to a forward pocket all day.
He played half the game because he was playing s**t.
This whole Jordans class narrative has been worked in by people at the club but he hasn't displayed any of it yet.

When Im longing for Harmes over Jordan you know it's bad. 😂
Now that's just ****ed up man. Jordon was pretty good for a debutant in round 1 and followed it up in round 2. Last two games have been poor but that is expected for a young player. Has shown he's a great kick inside 50, makes good decisions and gets involved in scoring chains, he's a bit of a cherry on top player, nothing wrong with that though.

I'm not as bullish on JJ as Frosty, but think he's been solid. As a 4th mid behind Trac/Oliver/Viney he's done his job. Works hard both ways and fairly tidy. Ordinary last week but enough to work with atm.

Yea, I'm not saying he's crap, just that he doesn't look to me as promising as someone like Bowey who I'm super confident will be a star.

Yea, I'm not saying he's crap, just that he doesn't look to me as promising as someone like Bowey who I'm super confident will be a star.
I agree in thinking that Bowey will be good. But how are you more confident in him given he hasn't played a game yet over a bloke who's played well in two games, bad in two.

I agree in thinking that Bowey will be good. But how are you more confident in him given he hasn't played a game yet over a bloke who's played well in two games, bad in two.
Jordans had 3 kicks inside 50 in his last 3 games and none have led to a shot on goal. So I'm not sure where the evidence of him being a brilliant kick comes from

Bowey instantly passes the eye test when watching him play against anyone. He's got special qualities that will transfer to AFL and make him stand out.

Jordan doesn't have the same appeal. He's very meh.

Jordans had 3 kicks inside 50 in his last 3 games and none have led to a shot on goal. So I'm not sure where the evidence of him being a brilliant kick comes from
I'm on phone rn so can't link it, but go watch his Draft highlights video on Melbourne YouTube. He has a kick halfway through for Oakleigh and he kicks it 40m to number 22 inside 50, I don't think many could do that. His kicking style also reminds me a bit of Josh Kelly but right footed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back