Review Port defeat Carlton - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Bergman looks like he could be some player in 30-50 games time. Moves around the ground a bit like Brendon Goddard - if he becomes half the player Goddard was I’d be over the moon.

Even the mistakes he makes aren’t poor decisions or issues with technique, he just needs to find the pace of the game and realise he has more than enough time to take a steadying step before kicking.
And he is more than happy to bite off a tough kick has missed a few but the attacking mind set I love.

Last night showed our best system is Lycett leading the ruck, and Charlie, Todd and Mitch the three talls. They seem to feed off each other, and they aren't going to the same spot. The more games they play together the better it is for us. I think Ladhams has played himself out of the side, as Dunstall said he tends to get in the way and our delivery inside 50 is a lot more kick and hope with Ladhams in there with Charlie and co.

No surprise to me Dixon played his best game for the season without Ladhams in the way.
Haha I said this exact thing about ladhams before the game.

Good solid performance whilst limping over the line. Geo has a the best kick on goal in our Trident forward.

It was unfortunate that bounce of the ball didn't go Hartlett's way from Robbie steal... another one for Robbie's highlight reel, he just keeps adding.

Off the track here, but I think hype on Dustin Martin is somewhat warranted, but I would say that Robbie is on par if not better than Dusty.... that's my opinion.

I was a tad disappointed with the last qtr effort but understand the reasons for it, so we bank the 4 points and move on.

The player that still concerns me though is Tom Jonas, who is absolutely crucial to our chances when the whips are cracking in the finals.
Last season he was excellent, but in the two before that he could at times look like some unco bloke they dragged off the terraces to make up the numbers, and last night was a reminder of those days and some of his efforts would have made Clyde the camel look like peak Fred Astaire.

He could be carrying some sore spots atm but he will need to lift big time against the better teams because he will be picking up much better oppo players than Levi Casboult.

Drew will grow to be an offensive/defensive mid, his absolute ceiling is a Jimmy bartel like player.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa

858ca91160c5e66bebb404b4d64828a4

Yup I'm in the same boat.

Can see he is going to be a player, but his ball handling was off. He managed to get out of the situation anyway, but unnecessary pressure and won't always get Away with it

I would put that down to perceived pressure. Last week his alertness was in tune with the game, this game he played in the same mode, but didn't realize that he had more time than he thought against Carlton.

He has a great attack on the ball, but I really love his composure that he shows.

Would he still be the player we know and love him less thus far without the mullet and mustache? :grinv1:

i was really impressed with Bergman, i watched his disposal and i think he did 1 clanger in the third and the rest was pretty good, Jones looks like he struggled with the pace of the game and constantly turned the ball over, id be replacing him with leinart, mckenzie or bonner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton's lack of success doesn't annoy me because, well why would it? What does annoy me is the privileges they enjoy based on nothing.

In the first 5 rounds they've enjoyed;
Round 1: Thursday night vs. Richmond
Round 2: Thursday night vs. Collingwood
Round 4: Saturday night vs. GC
Round 5: Saturday night vs Port

All completely undeserved. Stick them in the Sunday afternoon slot where they belong and stop making us all endure this charade.

Georgiades has kicked 10 goals in 4 games @ 2.5 per game. If he played 22 games, that's a 55 goal season. He's taking the piss really.

There's been some outrageous calls on BF and I don't want this to come across as one.....

But he's a classic old school FF in the Scott Hodges mould. Moves and kicks a bit like Scotty too at the same age.
If anything Hodges leaned back a little too much when kicking for distance which Mitch doesn't.

Mitch looks to be a very capable footballer in this era, but in the bygones..... Wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back