Review GBU Round 5 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Bickley - Frampton needs to stay, he's playing his role.

No.... Just no.
Bickley is evel-headed and speaks with common sense. You ignore the context of his comments about Frampton. He is suggesting there's no hurry to rush 18 yr old RT in using obvious McAsey example, and then how two years in SANFL worked for Doedee. And nothing to criticize with his comments on Elliott Himmelberg's one good game.

Lacking the extra mid today.
That's what happens when you replace Sloane with Fogarty. Today Fogarty played mostly in the midfield - he blew up in the first quarter, and barely touched it after that. The ball wasn't delivered on a silver platter, and - surprise, surprise - he didn't get near it on the occasions when he went forward. 3 goals from 5 disposals last week means nothing, given how bad North Melbourne are. Today is the reality of where Fog is at.

I'm looking to improve the side every week. There are several players in our side that have shown over a long period that they have reached their (relatively low) ceiling and Kelly is one of them. Given who we need to develop in defense, Kelly should make way. Having "fine" "serviceable" games doesn't cut it.

If not him, we desperately need size in defense. If it's not Kelly out, then we need to drop a guy like McPherson
I do wonder if we can keep Doedee and Kelly in the same side..

In isolation Kelly has been ok. However structurally we are missing a second big body down back.

Not sure McAsey is ready, but he may need to play some games soon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We’ve got the forward line set? Since when?

In 2021 the only proven, reliable forward in the entire squad is Tex.
Smalls and McAdam have goals on the board, just hasn't clicked all the time.

Himmelberg hasn't just played "one good game". He also had a pretty impressive second half of last year. It's now time to drop Frampton and play Himmelberg.

People talk about "integrity at selection" and you can't "gift games". Well, Frampton is being gifted AFL selection at the moment.

Bickley was advocating no changes on AA earlier. Wanted to see 3 games minimum good form before someone plays. And suggested RT may play 2 years in the SANFL until he's ready. Don't be confident there will be any ins this week
Draft a player at pick 1 then leave him in the SANFL for 2 years.

Only at the AFC........

We’ve got the forward line set? Since when?

In 2021 the only proven, reliable forward in the entire squad is Tex.
We’ve got fog (who will take over from t) and TT who will be a gun... build it around them.

we’ve got some ordinary depth in frampton and himm but they’ll do for now but we can work to replace them over the next two years.

mcadam is bloody good but a little injured at present I think.. had a dirty day today.

Rowe looks the goods, i reacon he’ll be one of those players who will kick six in a breakout game and that will set him on his way.

lynch can * off at years end. I think we should swing Worrell forward for a go.

the biggest issue is the delivery to the forward line more than anything. Get an elite mid or two over the next two years while the rest of the youth is developing and improve that delivery and we’ll be set.

our midfield was monstered today.

Bickley is evel-headed and speaks with common sense. You ignore the context of his comments about Frampton. He is suggesting there's no hurry to rush 18 yr old RT in using obvious McAsey example, and then how two years in SANFL worked for Doedee. And nothing to criticize with his comments on Elliott Himmelberg's one good game.
Thing is, RT had also been playing SANFL footy for 2 years.

Himmelberg is an upgrade on Billy, albeit not as big as some would think.

I do wonder if we can keep Doedee and Kelly in the same side..

In isolation Kelly has been ok. However structurally we are missing a second big body down back.

Not sure McAsey is ready, but he may need to play some games soon.

Kelly has been far from our worst player. But I don't think "not being the worst" should be the criteria for keeping someone in a developing side

I hate being proven right. As soon as they announced an unchanged line-up I knew they screwed up. Our best 22 was not world beating good teams. This means 100% we need to make changes. Rowies first question tomorrow to anyone from the Crows should be why are we not proactive at the selection table. I'm so pissed off, I knew we'd lose games we shouldn't because of the lazy selection strategies.

Berry, Rowe, Frampton need to be dropped. No question. There is no good from games like this when you screw up selection, back a group of players in who don't deserve it. Golden tickets are the worst culture to create because pressure drops off. Gradually since the Geelong game our pressure as decreased every week. How the actual f*** was that acceptable. We beat a deplorable north Melbourne last week. Selecting the same squad until losing is dumb. Where's the search to improve.

Losing today's game is unacceptable. That's a cross for Nick's 100%.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bickley was advocating no changes on AA earlier. Wanted to see 3 games minimum good form before someone plays. And suggested RT may play 2 years in the SANFL until he's ready. Don't be confident there will be any ins this week

I trust you that this is what he said, and if he did, how backwards can you get? If this is the attitude of the current selection panel (I'm not convinced it is) then it's beyond arrogant. You'd think we're Richmond or Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg hasn't just played "one good game". He also had a pretty impressive second half of last year. It's now time to drop Frampton and play Himmelberg.

People talk about "integrity at selection" and you can't "gift games". Well, Frampton is being gifted AFL selection at the moment.
Last year is last year.. its a whole world away.. this year himmelberg has been s**t. Thats a basic fact.

he had an alright game taking some good marks yesterday but didnt do much else. Anyone that thinks he did needs to go watch the game again.

frampton and himm are like for like.. its sort of uncanny just how similar they are..

And neither are the answer.

The other oversight I made is that is the type of game that pushes Sholl to an elite outside player if he can do it consistently.

He didn't get off the chain and dominate at any point, and still ended up with 23 disposals, 460 meters gained and a goal.

I hate being proven right. As soon as they announced an unchanged line-up I knew they screwed up. Our best 22 was not world beating good teams. This means 100% we need to make changes. Rowies first question tomorrow to anyone from the Crows should be why are we not proactive at the selection table. I'm so pissed off, I knew we'd lose games we shouldn't because of the lazy selection strategies.

Berry, Rowe, Frampton need to be dropped. No question. There is no good from games like this when you screw up selection, back a group of players in who don't deserve it. Golden tickets are the worst culture to create because pressure drops off. Gradually since the Geelong game our pressure as decreased every week. How the actual f*** was that acceptable. We beat a deplorable north Melbourne last week. Selecting the same squad until losing is dumb. Where's the search to improve.

Losing today's game is unacceptable. That's a cross for Nick's 100%.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's an argument for dropping Frampton but certainly not Berry or Rowe.

Last year is last year.. its a whole world away.. this year himmelberg has been sh*t. Thats a basic fact.

he had an alright game taking some good marks yesterday but didnt do much else. Anyone that thinks he did needs to go watch the game again.

frampton and himm are like for like.. its sort of uncanny just how similar they are..

And neither are the answer.

Frampton was also on the list last year and was rubbish. I'm not saying Himmelberg will come in, star, and he our long term answer at CHF - I'm saying, it's well beyond time for Frampton to be dropped.

Kelly has been far from our worst player. But I don't think "not being the worst" should be the criteria for keeping someone in a developing side
I reckon you are correct, we need that extra big defender and he is the out

Doedee no way
Brown Mr Reliable
McPherson Developing nicely

Kelly, doing ok. But often does not have a match up. Is then forced to play loose while Doedee stands a Ruckman/Tall forward.

Bring in McAsey, Doedee then goes back to his more natural role.

He's just holding on.

I'd at least give Murray a go.

There's an argument for dropping Frampton but certainly not Berry or Rowe.
Yep.. its utterly ridiculous to be demanding berry or Rowe be dropped.. both have 5 games under their belts and a few here seems to think they should miraculously already be guns that dont ever make mistakes...

5 ******* games!...

Couple of silly errors in defense, couple of missed shots by Tex go through and we win. That game really could have gone either way and then the entire feeling in this thread would be different. I dont buy into the whole "lets get the pitchforks and fire and go to the selectors house" crap.

Efficiency inside 50 today was 36% from our average of 51%. Delivery was poor, burned quite a few opportunities.

Lynch and Frampton seemed the weakest today. Id bring in Hatley and TT or EH. I am really glad the club has played Frampton for a block of games, shits me off no end when players get 1 game and dropped. Club can now give him some performance criteria he needs to work on in the SANFL to improve.

I reckon you are correct, we need that extra big defender and he is the out

Doedee no way
Brown Mr Reliable
McPherson Developing nicely

Kelly, doing ok. But often does not have a match up. Is then forced to play loose while Doedee stands a Ruckman/Tall forward.

Bring in McAsey, Doedee then goes back to his more natural role.

A BIG no to McAsey at this point, make him earn his spot.... and I'm also now in the crowd that think he's a certain gone at season's end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back