Round 2:
Billy Kolyniuk : 4 Disposals, 2Kicks 2 Handballs 1Marks 5Tackle
Sam Darcy: Bye Round
Ewan MacPherson: 22 Disposals, 9 Kicks 13 Handballs 4 Marks 3 Tackles

Round 3:
Billy Kolyniuk :Bye Round
Sam Darcy: 13 Disposals, 9 Kicks 4 Handballs 2 Marks 7 hitouts
Ewan MacPherson: 25 Disposals, 9 Kicks 16 Handballs 1 Marks 9 Tackles

VD, do you have any info on Kai Dimattina?
Not sure what he's doing these days...

VD, do you have any info on Kai Dimattina?
Not sure what he's doing these days...
Haven't seen anything online, i know he plays a lot of cricket during the summer period
so might be doing that full time focus

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Draft Central round 2 notes on a couple of father sons.
#7 Ewan Macpherson
Used his strength and size to beat opponents around stoppages and even throw his weight about in foot races to knock opponents off balance and collect. Not only able to impact as a stronger body in the centre, he found himself up either end at times as well, with his work up forward, not a regular position for him, was solid, with his marking proficiency on display with a really strong contested mark leading to a good kick to a teammate. He had really clean ball use throughout the game as well, with those shorter inside kicks being his preferred type.

#14 Sam Darcy
One of the tallest, and one of the lightest players on-field, for a 200 centimetre odd player Darcy moved remarkably well around the contests, backing his speed a few times to take on smaller opponents in foot races. Looked good in the back half, taking some commanding grabs and using the ball well by foot, also filling in as a relieving ruck and using smart body positioning to get the advantage and control the taps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't think we should be putting all our eggs in that basket but maybe a long term possibility
Not suggesting he is the fix for our current need for a No 1 KPD but he could be a long term prospect that can also do some relief rucking

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not suggesting he is the fix for our current need for a No 1 KPD but he could be a long term prospect that can also do some relief rucking
Oh yeah I mean I wouldn't be penciling him in as our future full back yet, he's very raw and probably still an outside chance to get picked up but at least it sounds like he has good skills and athletic ability so there's potential there if he can put in the application required.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We’re going to need to get some picks in through trading this year. I imagine we’ll want at least Darcy and Blake Scott, potentially Cody Raak too, and we only have a first and a fourth.
Blake and Cody will only be ours outside the top 20. That means they won't be expensive in terms of points, pick 21 is 878 points. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two folks request a trade, otherwise they bring forward a 2022 second rounder perhaps.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
We’re going to need to get some picks in through trading this year. I imagine we’ll want at least Darcy and Blake Scott, potentially Cody Raak too, and we only have a first and a fourth.
Both are playing well but I wouldn’t be worried for an early bid at this stage, it’s a deep draft and a bid for both players past 40 looks more likely. Sam has really surprised me, with his build I thought he would take a little longer to come on but has looked more than good enough at the level in terms of his ability to withstand the stronger bodies and play at a good tempo.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Both are playing well but I wouldn’t be worried for an early bid at this stage, it’s a deep draft and a bid for both players past 40 looks more likely. Sam has really surprised me, with his build I thought he would take a little longer to come on but has looked more than good enough at the level in terms of his ability to withstand the stronger bodies and play at a good tempo.

Yeah I expect we'll have the chance to match them, but we'd need to either trade out our first or get some other picks in, won't be matching much with a fourth rounder. I'm personally hoping Josh Gibcus is available at our first pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back