Review GBU Round 5 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

With how slow our side can be too, feels like we at times play too aggressive with our press which opens us up to be countered on quite easily, especially by teams who have faster players and can nail their kicks.

We can give up 3-4 easy goals each game because of this. It's how North got the lead in the 3rd quarter last week, Cats got it open a few times too, but luckily for us didn't execute correctly every time.

Margin flattered us a little, I think.

Berry more involved possession wise, and good for the smalls to hit the scoreboard (Murph's goal was awesome), and the undersized defence held up okay, but a pretty underwhelming performance in all.

Ball movement into the forward half pretty terrible, compounded by the fact that our major targets down there include the still terrible Frampton and an almost unsighted McAdam- whose sole noteworthy moment was almost messing up the goal when Tex stupidly handballed over the top to him. I am still struggling to see what the fabled CONNECTOR is bringing to the side at the moment.

Midfield definitely missing Sloane and Mrouch, is rather workmanlike at the moment.

Who do we drop though? Do we roll out with two key defenders, Doedee and Kelly?
McPherson seems the obvious one. Kelly, Doedee and Brown can take the midsized and smaller forwards.

I am goig to buck the trend here and say that freo's midfield on paper was miles better than ours as we are playing inexperienced players there so it was not unexpected the kids were beaten and tgey can learn from it. That we held sway with them for most of the game with some players underdone injury wise and having frampton there practically a witches hat says we are developing.

I also thought freo got quite lucky in time and again a pack would go for a mark and someone gets a fist on the ball and it literally went like an arrow into tge arms of a freo player. This happened all day and it seemed like no matter what we did we could not get the rub like they did.

I said to the guys i was at the game with that a 2 goal loss v freo makes no diffetence at all to the longer term goal of building a premiership team. I just want to see the youngsters develop and today berry was again good in spurts, rowe is just getting better every game, sholl is going to be a star, butts is goibg to be a very de ent defender for years to come, mchenry looks like he is starting to believe he belongs at this level. So yeah we lost a game of footy but i am enjoying the development of the younger players

Shane McAdam put in the performance of someone who didn't play, so we are half way there.

I do wonder if we can keep Doedee and Kelly in the same side..

In isolation Kelly has been ok. However structurally we are missing a second big body down back.

Not sure McAsey is ready, but he may need to play some games soon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

And we need Brown to do a lot more offensively.
He cant just be a lockdown defender any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play the damn kids
Rowe and Berry need to go
Seedsman should have been delisted last year
Seedsman close to BOG
Lynch is s**t and slow, drop him
We lack leadership and experience
Drop Frampton, put Himmelberg in
Drop Himmelberg, put Frampton in
We lack pressure in the F50
Sack Stengle for something half the AFL probably do
We are in a rebuild and as long as we are competitive and see improvement thats good
We lost a winnable game, sack the selection committee
Bringing Jones in too early broke him
Its time to release Thilthorpe
We play too many players who arent 100% fit
This is the AFL, look at how many have off season surgery
Schoenbergs disposal was poor
Schoenberg had a DE of 75%
Kelly should be dropped
Kelly is having a career best year

Our club thinks its in a premiership window again. Selection is less about rebuilding an playing kids and more about winning as many games as we can.

We need to play Jones to see if he can make it.
We have persisted with Frampton and Ned when they haven't performed week after week, yet we won't bring Jones in.

Couple of silly errors in defense, couple of missed shots by Tex go through and we win. That game really could have gone either way and then the entire feeling in this thread would be different. I dont buy into the whole "lets get the pitchforks and fire and go to the selectors house" crap.

Efficiency inside 50 today was 36% from our average of 51%. Delivery was poor, burned quite a few opportunities.

Lynch and Frampton seemed the weakest today. Id bring in Hatley and TT or EH. I am really glad the club has played Frampton for a block of games, shits me off no end when players get 1 game and dropped. Club can now give him some performance criteria he needs to work on in the SANFL to improve.

It’s an Adelaide thing to do - overact if we lose and overact the other way if we win.

At the end of the day, we never ever dominated in this game. We did well with centre clearances but they took their chances. We are a developing side and we were probably close to the youngest team on the field this round.

We are now consistently getting 55+ inside 50’s - we just need to lower our eyes. We kept kicking high balls all day against a side of talls and we have the likes of Murphy, McHenry and Rowe.

Our midfield is gash.

Laird - rookie
Seedsman - pick 32
Keays - rookie
Berry - pick 28
Rob - rookie

Those are the resources we invested into the most important part of the team.

It must be the lowest value midfield in the comp.

Why we keep drafting talls and short people is fcuking beyond me.
ROB needs a rocket.
Berry and Keays can hold their heads high.

Our club thinks its in a premiership window again. Selection is less about rebuilding an playing kids and more about winning as many games as we can.

We need to play Jones to see if he can make it.
We have persisted with Frampton and Ned when they haven't performed week after week, yet we won't bring Jones in.

Not sure how much credibility as Bickley did say on 5AA that Nicks has for the first part of the season rewarded those who stood out in preseason. Well if that is the case then that needs to end now.

I am aware the club doesn’t want a too successful season (assume that means a finish around 15-16 but not in contention for the spoon) as we still need top end talent.

It’s an Adelaide thing to do - overact if we lose and overact the other way if we win.

At the end of the day, we never ever dominated in this game. We did well with centre clearances but they took their chances. We are a developing side and we were probably close to the youngest team on the field this round.

We are now consistently getting 55+ inside 50’s - we just need to lower our eyes. We kept kicking high balls all day against a side of talls and we have the likes of Murphy, McHenry and Rowe.

Level headed posts, not a common thing here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back