Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
I love the fact his first instinct is to create and attack by hand and foot.
It shows he has fantastic vision and creativity which is very hard to coach into players.
He’s showing great one-touch attributes so early in his career too.
He’s a ripper !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chappy is destined for the middle of the ground.

Probably, but I think he'll be super-damaging coming out of defence. The way the game is going, having him, Ryan and Young hitting lasers out of the back would be massive for us.

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Feel very at ease when the ball is in his hands. Looks every bit as good as Hayden Young did last year imo

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
And how to nose beer in the alley way with the best of them.
Hahahaha yeah the first thing I think of when someone mentions Johnno is the nose beers. The Freo life membership, years of service, grand finals, mind bending side steps, intercept marking, defence to attack in a twinkling and the Robbie Fowler level pointing skills is all an afterthought.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Really hope he is destined for the midfield. Once he thickens out will become a monster in there

For mine, in a team based around "defence first" such as the Longmuir or previous Lyon gameplans, I can see him continue to be played in the backline because being able to cut off opposition attacks with his marking and judgement and turn them into offensive moves like he can is worth it's weight in gold.

jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
Can see him following the Mundy trajectory. Transitioning from back to mid over the first 4 years of his career, then dominating the game into his late 30's/ early 40's.

Bigger

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2001
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
need to take a good look at themselves
Probably, but I think he'll be super-damaging coming out of defence. The way the game is going, having him, Ryan and Young hitting lasers out of the back would be massive for us.

With Chappy, Young and Ryan intercepting everything in sight and hitting lasers and Logue and Willo charging out like scalded cats, that just leaves Coxy alone at home. Luckily he doesn't get bored or too lonely as he spends most of the time making bets with himself on (a) how late he can go up and still spoil (b) whether to go one handed or not when he does and (c) if he laughs at Ryan lying on the deck with a knee imprint in his kidneys or just ignores him.

Diverbelow

Senior List
Mar 4, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sometimes injuries have a silver lining. I think Chapman and frederick would be running around for Peel if not for injuries. We have some top talent. I know Chapman was an early draft pick but the selections of Frederick and Shultz in the 50s has been good. Plus Luke Ryan of course.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sometimes injuries have a silver lining. I think Chapman and frederick would be running around for Peel if not for injuries. We have some top talent. I know Chapman was an early draft pick but the selections of Frederick and Shultz in the 50s has been good. Plus Luke Ryan of course.
I reckon Freddy is B22 and even if not, his attributes and potential gets him the nod in a 50/50.

Could be near unstoppable in a few years.

Back