Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex is not injured, he was fine today.
He's injured and soldiered on

It would be silly to drag him down to Tassie for a freezing, windy loss after a week of no training

Kelly did some good things defensively but in a tight game he reverted to his hold onto the ball / short sideways chips. Spreads like cancer and our ball movement stalls.

He's the next limited footballer we'll fall in love with and will play 250 games, then coach

Kelly did some good things defensively but in a tight game he reverted to his hold onto the ball / short sideways chips. Spreads like cancer and our ball movement stalls.

He's the next limited footballer we'll fall in love with and will play 250 games, then coach
Think largely that stems from Freo defensive pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had 10 score involvements, flew for marks and kicked 2.3. I think a rest will come at some stage, but don’t see it needing to be this week.
No one's saying he isn't good

He's injured and we've seen when he's soldiered on other years he gets progressively worse.

It's an absolute no brainer to rest him this week

You're just saying he doesn't need a rest because you know we won't

Still dangerous in Tassie though, we just don’t play well down there

It is a state that brings the absolute worst out of this club. Still, it's not like the Hawks are flying at the moment.

No one's saying he isn't good

He's injured and we've seen when he's soldiered on other years he gets progressively worse.

It's an absolute no brainer to rest him this week

You're just saying he doesn't need a rest because you know we won't
I just didn’t see a bloke struggling out there today, he was fine. If no one found out he had missed a training session last week then we would think nothing of it, he didn’t look to be playing sore.

I just didn’t see a bloke struggling out there today, he was fine. If no one found out he had missed a training session last week then we would think nothing of it, he didn’t look to be playing sore.
He did

He was off for long periods in the 3rd quarter

Pushed back deeper into the F50 in the last quarter because he couldn't cover the ground

Murray started warming up at 3 quarter time in case he was subbed

Kelly has been much much better than McPherson this year.

McPherson is a good prospect but has only been middling so far in 2021.
It's about the rebuild though.

We need to get games into McPherson unless he has several poor games in a row.

I don't believe we should be playing both Brown & Kelly in most games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back