Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to sit through last nights loss on the tv . A lot of players were down . On the depth issue I thought bringing in Parks and Cottrell were good inclusions and held their spots but with Parks out for a while our continuity now is back out of tune . Stocker must come in . We have played the top two sides so 2 and 3 .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cripps played far worse than Docherty - totally unaccountable defensive efforts unless players ran into him or very close - I dont think he is fit though. Yes the two dropped chest marks from Docherty were bad. there structural failures across the field last night - for the life of me I dont know what Jones was doing most of the time. Players were being switched all over the place - there was little on field structural continuity to be seen - thats part of the reason it all looked so bad so very very bad...I dont knwo what to say about rotaiton strategy or player positioning that is all on coaching and match day strategy

The positives for me were Weitering/Walsh/Plowman/Saad and then bits and pieces of this and that from various players at various times- but we looked totally unstructured for long periods in the game almost as if it all just fell apart.

Surely someone in the coaching roup could have advised Harry to play in front of Alir - for starters and surely there is something better to be done rather than winning center ball and giving to Ed who just boots it a mile high into forward fifty for easy defending and quick rebounds...\

I'm putting last night's awfulness aside - but cant help but think we are playing Saad/Casboult and Cripps all significantly hurt.

Weird game.
Sure, my perspective isn't based on one game but a fair response mate.
Fwiw the Port game last year and the contrast between Jonas/Doc when they were playing essentially the same role did my head in and left me screaming for mongrel in a way that you'd surely appreciate JAB.

As for Crippa setting the tone - I love the bloke but whatever tone he set last night is not a tone I want to be following. Missing sitters from 20m deflating momentum, playing hero football instead of doing what he's good at and giving the first release option (watch the 3rd quarter for one of many examples), being a player whose kicking genuinely WAS a liabilty (and its not just last night) - this is a player that absolutely needs to go back to doing the simple things because the simple things are what made Crippa a genuine gun. He's not that at the moment - last night he was a turnover merchant who continually made the wrong decision with ball in hand. Not what a leader should do.

For Carlton supporters, it was almost like the famous baseball saying 'The Shot heard around the world'. I was at a pub watching and for me it was so inspiring to see Fog and Walsh confidently walk back and nail those goals in the first quarter.

.. and then to see Cripps miss that shot from 25 metres - it was just deflating. It was THE moment in the game if Carlton had any chance. And to miss so badly not only deflates the Blues but we've all played footy - at Quarter time Port would have been in the huddle saying 'we've got these guys !!'.

No, Cripps is a Captain. Of course it's his job to kick a gimme when the team needs it.
And it's not like he was playing well in the guts last night either. He's completely forgotten his role, he's trying to be Dusty. His decision making was abysmal. And that's the standard that the team followed.
Right, Cripps' poor finishing has become more apparent since he's started thinking "he's Dusty".
He's selected to win the ball at the source and crunch a few bodies when given the opportunity - does he do that? Yes.
Doc is selected to screen the backline and create opportunities to counterattack, does he do that? Former, no - latter, mixed bag.

Right, Cripps' poor finishing has become more apparent since he's started thinking "he's Dusty".
He's selected to win the ball at the source and crunch a few bodies when given the opportunity - does he do that? Yes.
Doc is selected to screen the backline and create opportunities to counterattack, does he do that? Former, no - latter, mixed bag.

No, he tries to run around or through players and ends up ******* it up, instead of giving the first option hands to his teammates who are in better positions.

At least we're consistent fella, unlike out football team :winkv1::grinv1:

We as supporters have been making excuses for the club and the players for the last 20 years.. When is it going to stop?

We are becoming two types of supporter groups on here
A Group - Sick of being crap, sick of players with no heart just wanting a pay cheque and sick of the club spin for 20 years ..
Currently two coaches down, 110 games into a 66 game rebuild and no difference. We were a powerhouse club once, now just all hot air and talk..

B Group - Have unwittingly been groomed by the club to accepted the mediocrity (from favourite players and club) and will not accept any criticism
Name a single poster in B Group.

Sure, my perspective isn't based on one game but a fair response mate.
Fwiw the Port game last year and the contrast between Jonas/Doc when they were playing essentially the same role did my head in and left me screaming for mongrel in a way that you'd surely appreciate JAB.

Pittonet and their ruckman Lycett? were wrestling on the ground for a minute and half - nto one Carlton player came over to lend a hand - interestingly not one Port player ran over either - I dont for one minute think that was accident - Lycett started all that purposefully - both showed mongrel - one was reacting ( pitto) the other instigated it...

Port are a very very well drilled team and they means business - this is possibly the l;ast throw of the dice they get for a few on their older players maybe a year more after this maybe...

Our players are all individuals playing for themselves lately - it is a bad sign. We have less cohesion than we did 3 weeks ago- but we have also copped FIsher and Martin out- key elements to making things happen in forward line.

I think lack of brains is as big of a problem as lack of general mongrel - efforts are nt mongrel - mongrel is beating your man.I cant think of many players thatt can say they beat their man last night - even Cripps was flogged by the better midfield 'team' -he obviously isnt fit enough to go head to head with Wines or Boak for 4 quarters in a game where he absolutely MUST have - he is a long way off being the Cripps he was - injury or otherwise and other reasons I dont know. When your Captain is playing weak and unaccountabel in matches liek that ..it send a bad signal.

I guess Teague knew this was going to be a hard one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that sps is not an attacking half back but used to retain possession with dinky. Why not try him in the mid and sort of free him up .?

Jack Macrae is similar with his disposal as he's very safe with his kicks and doesn't bite off more than he can chew, he's obviously extremely effective on the wing.

My bad I just forgot.

Absolutely! Jack is a very smart footballer he knows where to get to and what to do when he gets there or just makes a chaos contest to buy time if all else fails - we miss that big time as well as Fisher's buying time with his dancing around and Martin making somethign happen and kick 2-3 goals on his day - all BIG outs and why our forward line play has looked more crapola since they are out.

My bad I just forgot.

Absolutely! Jack is a very smart footballer he knows where to get to and what to do when he gets there or just makes a chaos contest to buy time if all else fails - we miss that big time as well as Fisher's buying time with his dancing around and Martin making somethign happen and kick 2-3 goals on his day - all BIG outs and why our forward line play has looked more crapola since they are out.

Along with Charlie, that's 4 of our best 6 forwards missing.

Jack Macrae is similar with his disposal as he's very safe with his kicks and doesn't bite off more than he can chew, he's obviously extremely effective on the wing.

Yeah agree on the biting off more than you can chew comment. To be top level you have to take chances and be very brave.

Had nearly 24 hours to sit and think about what to say but reading through a lot of things have already been reflected amongst us here. Just severely disappointed. Port broke our supposed zone and system within the first 5-10 minutes and nothing changed, it just progressively got worse. Our lack of ability to stick tackles as a collective is disgusting and we continued our quest to just corral the player is possession.

I could not believe how a player like Ollie Wines and the amount of pace that he has could run and spread with no one next to him in sight. Structurally and tactically we were dismal. Also baffles me how most of our players lack general consistency - aside from the usual suspects of Walsh and Weitering.

Our transition out of the D50 was amateur and honestly seems we have no idea or direction on what we need to do when we bring it out - this has happened even during games we win.

I’m going to wait until the end of this season until spitting the dummy like some in here. Will keep going to support the boys week in and out, hoping things change. But at the moment, list wise we need to make some various changes and maybe make the call to halt some players careers at Carlton and send them else where. Coaching wise, the same.

Also I’ll ******* spew if Stocker is not in that side next week, will really show if Teague and the MC are playing favourites.
we'll probably play him as the sub.........

Back