Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't blame them for that. Must be infuriating seeing him doing well in a role Bucks refused to play him in, all the while knowing the idiots in charge of your club offloaded him for a packet of twisties.

Most of my family are Collingwood (as in extended).

They want him and Eddie gone asap. Just had enough, yet were big fans of earlier........

Good game again from No.2. We could pick out little -'s to go with the +'s but theres no point, this kid can kick a goal from 50 so it's all golden.

Just a personal curiosity, when we got him I read he was lightening quick and pictured him running away from opposition defenders, but I've seen a lot of chasers apply serious pressure to him on the run. what gives?

Good game again from No.2. We could pick out little -'s to go with the +'s but theres no point, this kid can kick a goal from 50 so it's all golden.

Just a personal curiosity, when we got him I read he was lightening quick and pictured him running away from opposition defenders, but I've seen a lot of chasers apply serious pressure to him on the run. what gives?

He's very quick over the first 10-20 but as he winds out doesn't hit as high a top speed as some others.

He had a pretty significant bout of glandular fever last season. I think it knocked his top speed down a bit unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was that beam pass, under pressure to Wilbur and then Wilburs beautiful kick into space where Souve didnt have to break stride who then did his best to utensil up the good work however, the work was so good it was impossible to * up. That play, Gave me movement 😂

good post - on the question of pace, chasers should in general always close to some extent, because they're not carrying the ball; the test is whether the ball carrier (in this case Stephenson) has enough zip to carry far enough before being caught, and clearly he does

Would be top 3 in the best and fairest at the moment.

Great start to the year. Needs to keep building on it though because when we are winning he needs to be A grade.

If he can play a full season and end up with 20+ goals and serious impact from a wing that is a great effort.
he's averaging more that a goal a game and just under 20 possessions.

He's the type of player, too, that will get better as the team gets better both individually but also as the team finds him more and better utilises his skills. At 22, he's still only scratching the surface of what he can do. Genuinely could be a 20 possessions a game, 30 goal a season winger at his peak, which would be ******* outrageous.

he's averaging more that a goal a game and just under 20 possessions.
He's the type of player, too, that will get better as the team gets better both individually but also as the team finds him more and better utilises his skills. At 22, he's still only scratching the surface of what he can do. Genuinely could be a 20 possessions a game, 30 goal a season winger at his peak, which would be ******* outrageous.
Some people thought he wouldn't kick on this year. He's close to an AA standard winger playing in the worst side in the competition.

career best form; kept his scoreboard impact while working hard from D50 to F50 - have a look at the R50 and I50 stats
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 8.03.44 am.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back