Review GBU Round 5 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a shocking post. So because of where a player was rated when he was 18, that means they're no good? If you did a redraft of Laird's draft do you think he goes closer to the top 10 or does he stay as a rookie? Who cares where they were taken, this just shows how well we've drafted/traded for these players.

We lost due to bombing it long I50 to players who can't take contested marks to save their life (with Tex injured today) compared to their I50 entries which were hitting up open players all over the zone. Our mids didn't play well today and their mids did, but I think it's a stretch to say that it's because our players were drafted with late picks.
Way to miss the point.

The point is that we have not invested enough of our top end resources into the most important part of the ground.

Laird makes the point well. He's ok as a mid but his kicking is trash. Hence all the long bombing F50 entries you complain about. We don't have any mids with really good skills.

Bickley was advocating no changes on AA earlier. Wanted to see 3 games minimum good form before someone plays. And suggested RT may play 2 years in the SANFL until he's ready. Don't be confident there will be any ins this week
Most footballers including commentators are not very intelligent. Full Stop. Do you think Bickley is in the top 75% of smart humans in Australia, honestly?

There's an argument for dropping Frampton but certainly not Berry or Rowe.

I think today's game made it quite clear that Berry needs to be formally rested (not dropped). Rowe is not yet drop-worthy: his body is fine and he will end up averaging 2 goals a match, I believe, but probably from limted possessions. I really would like to see Stengle's blinding evasiveness back in the side, though: he butchered us yesterday.

Good result,

A win would of reinforced a horrifically poor selection policy. Hopefully the coaching staff recalibrate our outlook now.

We've had that selection policy since Craig.

One week won't change it.

I thought he was pretty decent, but I was in the back row!
He was fine, and his DE was down today but has been decent this year. Also averaging nearly 500 metres gained per game before today. Wasn’t his best performance but is definitely a very good guy to have coming in 2nd mid rotations (once Sloane and Crouch are fit).

I think today's game made it quite clear that Berry needs to be formally rested (not dropped). Rowe is not yet drop-worthy: his body is fine and he will end up averaging 2 goals a match, I believe, but probably from limted possessions. I really would like to see Stengle's blinding evasiveness back in the side, though: he butchered us yesterday.
Rowe is Stengles equal, I'd say he's better than Stengle

stengle was in everything yesterday.. kicked 4 goals and had a direct hand in about a dozen others..

wondering about how stengle would be playing, with the extra space the new rules bring, if he was still with us will just do your head in..

still.. we’ll probably find out in a couple of months time when he gets drafted in the mid season draft!.. he’ll probably butcher our AFL side too when we play the team who picks him up..

Bickley was advocating no changes on AA earlier. Wanted to see 3 games minimum good form before someone plays. And suggested RT may play 2 years in the SANFL until he's ready. Don't be confident there will be any ins this week
2 years. Why did we take him then? if a player takes two years there's no guarantee they will be able to take a further step to make it as a player once they are in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There you go I thought Berry did quite well again today and I'm not seeing any fatigue signals as such..

I'd be keeping him in until Sloane and/or Crouch are ready or Pedlar's fitness is considered AFL midfield standard.

stengle was in everything yesterday.. kicked 4 goals and had a direct hand in about a dozen others..

wondering about how stengle would be playing, with the extra space the new rules bring, if he was still with us will just do your head in..

still.. we’ll probably find out in a couple of months time when he gets drafted in the mid season draft!.. he’ll probably butcher our AFL side too when we play the team who picks him up..

Playing well against our SANFL side means nothing. Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowe is Stengles equal, I'd say he's better than Stengle
not sure you can compare the two given many of those matches that stengle has in his “played“ column were for last years worst football team and being a forward for that side wasnt exactly easy..

i’m confident Rowe can make it.. but he’s also a different player to stengle.. Rowe is your stephen milne “scrounger” type small forward, what he lacks is skills he makes up for with sheer will to win the contest and kick goals.. stengle’s got very slippery evasive skills, is deceptively quick has great skills and has a bit of x-factor about him..

not sure you can compare the two given many of those matches that stengle has in his “played“ column were for last years worst football team and being a forward for that side wasnt exactly easy..

i’m confident Rowe can make it.. but he’s also a different player to stengle.. Rowe is your stephen milne “scrounger” type small forward, what he lacks is skills he makes up for with sheer will to win the contest and kick goals.. stengle’s got very slippery evasive skills, is deceptively quick has great skills and has a bit of x-factor about him..
You do realise we persisted with playing a top up player on Stengle most of the game from what I saw, lot harder in the AFL than that.

If Godden was serious that needed attention but when the larder's empty?

Playing well against our SANFL side means nothing. Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we’ll just see how he goes in the coming weeks i suppose.. and

geez, sorry, didnt know we werent allowed to comment on stengle anymore.. i’ll be sure to run it past you before I do next time..

My thoughts on watching today was that this has to be close to the best drilled and coached side only a season or so into a rebuild I've seen. The Crows stood up despite getting wacked silly in around the ground stoppages and brought continuous pressure as well pretty solid transition work. I have to admit I'm not seeing any obvious core young stars in the spine and inside midfield, but the structure and even contributions must be pretty cheering for you all. Lets just say at the same stage in our rebuild it was.. less encouraging.

My thoughts on watching today was that this has to be close to the best drilled and coached side only a season or so into a rebuild I've seen. The Crows stood up despite getting wacked silly in around the ground stoppages and brought continuous pressure as well pretty solid transition work. I have to admit I'm not seeing any obvious core young stars in the spine and inside midfield, but the structure and even contributions must be pretty cheering for you all. Lets just say at the same stage in our rebuild it was.. less encouraging.

If you're wondering where those core young stars are, they are in the SANFL. Our pick 2 forward, pick 6 backman and several first round mids are all there

If you're wondering where those core young stars are, they are in the SANFL. Our pick 2 forward, pick 6 backman and several first round mids are all there

And Lachlan Sholl. Can't forget about Sholl.

I hate being proven right. As soon as they announced an unchanged line-up I knew they screwed up. Our best 22 was not world beating good teams. This means 100% we need to make changes. Rowies first question tomorrow to anyone from the Crows should be why are we not proactive at the selection table. I'm so pissed off, I knew we'd lose games we shouldn't because of the lazy selection strategies.

Berry, Rowe, Frampton need to be dropped. No question. There is no good from games like this when you screw up selection, back a group of players in who don't deserve it. Golden tickets are the worst culture to create because pressure drops off. Gradually since the Geelong game our pressure as decreased every week. How the actual f*** was that acceptable. We beat a deplorable north Melbourne last week. Selecting the same squad until losing is dumb. Where's the search to improve.

Losing today's game is unacceptable. That's a cross for Nick's 100%.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wow someone’s unhappy. Frampton has now had 5 games and unfortunately has shown he is not up to it at AFL level. Berry is young and learning his way, I really like Rowe as he has footy smarts and knows how to kick a goal.
We have no midfielders in form to replace anyone in the firsts, our seconds got a bigger hiding then the firsts. Who could come in???

we are in a rebuild and we desperately need some top talent mids. The only difference today to the Cats, GC and Dockers is the Dockers took their chances. Simple as that, if GC took there’s we’d have lost that game as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back