Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

When he's fit and confidence up no doubt he's bloody dangerous.

That's never the issue with Hall.

We need to keep that up somehow, Noble has given him a chance let's hope it comes together

A lot of people were writing him off after last week.

I'm still not sold tbh.

I think he often holds back from a contest and while he had a good game I haven't seen enough to say the leopard has changed its spots.

I'm happy for him to have a string of games off half back to see how well he really goes there. Not just one game.
Interested to see how he goes if the opposition start dragging him deep.

With good reason.

That game on the weekend is literally a 300% improvement on anything he has produced in years.

At least most half backs are unaccountable buggers anyway, but with the ball and opponent always ahead of him, his opponent seemed to do far less damage and he also seemed to do far more damage with the extra space.

His kicking was still slightly suspect, but he got far more room to run and carry and kick under less pressure than he has been doing running through the midfield. Which meant his kicking wasn't AS bad.

The hotdog is an extremely tight ground, so this week will be a good follow up test. Dalhaus and Miers put plenty of pressure on also.

Has a booming kick too. Occasionally misses the mark but he can really open up play when he launched one 60m.

That kick last year against Adelaide when he accelerated away from Crouch and hit one 50 metres down the middle to Zurhaar who was able to mark it without breaking stride is one of the best field kicks made by anyone on our team in the last two to three years.

He seems to be one of those players that are judged by different standards to others.

Have long been a critic of Hall, but f*** me that is the most dangerous we have looked coming out of the back half that I can remember.

If he's able to continue to use the footy like he did against the Crows, he will be a great help.

We do not have a young dashing half back flank (bar Perez) and Hall performing means that we can draft one and develop them properly, rather then throwing them in the deep end.
This is one position where he can definitely earn a contract extension, which otherwise was looking very unlikley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a booming kick too. Occasionally misses the mark but he can really open up play when he launched one 60m.

Watched him when played in the TFL.

At that level he was slotting them at 50 in warm up with ease.

Really stood out because in AFL it's common unless you are Kayne Turner and 30m is a stretch.

A lot of people (me included) take unreasonable pot shots to get bad feelings off their chests. That's why we have whipping boys I believe :)

But seriously, we don't know what's really going on - players with injuries, bad thoughts consuming them, didn't sleep well last night....

Not sure even the most one eyed geelong supporter would claim it shouldn't have been a free. They might try to argue it shouldn't be downfield in the square though...
Game changing non decision imo. Clearly after the kick and certainly a kick downfield. Anyway .....

I'd like to see Duncan cited for the hit to be honest. It was a reckless use of the body that was well late.
Surely this is right. Duncan seems to be getting defended by the media but I thought you had to accept the consequences of your actions irrespective of whether it was considered accidental. It was also adjudicated appallingly and the umps deserve to be hauled over the coals for that but probably won’t be because North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back