2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really need to keep isolated in the calender always been my second favourite track

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Yeah, but what they're doing is flipping it the other way around and voiding the previous part of the race.
Pretty much which is wrong. I get the idea of getting lapped cars out the way, but they should do that by having them go to the back of the field themselves, not doing the shitty American "lucky dog pass" which was invented by NASCAR where the first lapped runner would get a free lap back.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Forgive my misunderstanding, but why and how was Hamilton able to unlap himself? It seems preposterous you can be a lap down with 15-20 laps to go and still finish 2nd!

Or am I not understanding the genius of the one who hasn't made a mistake in a long time?
It's to prevent the lapped cars being in the way of the battle and the way to do that is to send them around on a lap to the back of the field rather than sort them out on the grid. It's ridiculous.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
It's to prevent the lapped cars being in the way of the battle and the way to do that is to send them around on a lap to the back of the field rather than sort them out on the grid. It's ridiculous.
It's 10pm where I am and Im under a medium alcohol cloud, but that still doesnt make any sense to me.

So if you have a fast car, you're allowed a free pass? If Lewis can do a lap, why can't Max do a lap and guard his advantage? Safety Car and stoppages handed advantages to drivers who didnt deserve it, meanwhile Max who dominated the start of race is bought back to the pack... It's not really fair.

andrewmillman

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bottas is seriously the worst driver - not from a driving perspective, but hes just a deadweight. A huge reason that f1 has been so dull and one sided the last 4-5 years.

Still remember this cringeworthy rubbish - (he only won due to his team mate being screwed over.)

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Bottas is seriously the worst driver - not from a driving perspective, but hes just a worthless dull deadweight. A huge reason that f1 has been so dull and one sided the last 4-5 years.

Still remember this cringeworthy rubbish - (he only won due to his team mate being screwed over.)

Jesus man, bit harsh

I’d be interested to see how many drivers would do better than him in that second Mercedes seat, I can only think of 3 or 4

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Jesus man, bit harsh

I’d be interested to see how many drivers would do better than him in that second Mercedes seat, I can only think of 3 or 4
Russell almost (and should have) beaten him despite having only driven the Mercedes for 2 days prior to the Sakhir GP.

Drivers from the current grid that would do a better job than Valtteri in the Merc number 2.
Verstappen, Leclerc, Sainz, Ricciardo, Norris, Vettel, Alonso, Kimi, Russell
Ocon, Gasly, Stroll and Perez would likely produce a similar performance. Thats 13/20 drivers

Four observations

- Red Bull and Mercedes are evenly matched - It will come down to driver skill and track characteristics.
- All the drivers who moved teams are struggling to match the established drivers
- The first year drivers seem to be well off the pace
- Ricciardo having a slower car than Norris is fantasy - Ricciardo is the third best paid driver in FI, so there is no way you give him a slow car.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, but what they're doing is flipping it the other way around and voiding the previous part of the race.

It's neutralising the field like a SC does. Just from the pitlane.

Personally I think lapped cars should drop to the back of the queue, not allowed to drive around and get a free lap back.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Russell almost (and should have) beaten him despite having only driven the Mercedes for 2 days prior to the Sakhir GP.
Russell has driven the car more often than that.

This is the problem I have overall with this opinion (Not just you, elsewhere on the net). Russell gets praised for not beating Bottas, but Bottas doesn't get any credit for anything, even though his performances have been the most interfered within the field.

Drivers from the current grid that would do a better job than Valtteri in the Merc number 2.
Verstappen, Leclerc, Sainz, Ricciardo, Norris, Vettel, Alonso, Kimi, Russell
Ocon, Gasly, Stroll and Perez would likely produce a similar performance. Thats 13/20 drivers
Hamilton has too much clout at MB. With the possible exception of Verstappen, none of those have the charisma/power to break the relationship MB has with Hamilton to make a difference on the track. Verstappen can out sook Hamilton so it makes a difference.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
It's neutralising the field like a SC does. Just from the pitlane.

Personally I think lapped cars should drop to the back of the queue, not allowed to drive around and get a free lap back.
It's not how Supercars does it though.

With Supercars, cars in the queue which are between the safety car and the race leader are sent around. By definition they are ahead of the race leader on the track, and thus haven't been lapped. Any car which has been completely lapped will be behind the race leader, and they stay there - they don't get the lap back. The back markers who are allowed to overtake the safety car don't overtake the race leader, and thus don't get a full lap back.

What happened on Sunday night is that every lapped car was given the lap back, regardless of where they were located relative to the race leader. Hamilton was 1 lap and X seconds behind Verstappen when the race was stopped, when it was restarted he was only Y seconds behind. That's just plain wrong.

Put another way, consider a driver who has been lapped by the race leader, and is 1.5 laps behind when the race is stopped, and is between the race leader and the safety car when the SC joins the track. Under Supercar rules, they are allowed to regain most of that 0.5 laps, but end up 1 lap down, at the back of the pack - effectively 1.1 laps down. Under F1 rules, they regain the whole lost lap, and rejoin at the back of the pack, going from 1.5 laps to 0.1 laps down.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not how Supercars does it though.

With Supercars, cars in the queue which are between the safety car and the race leader are sent around. By definition they are ahead of the race leader on the track, and thus haven't been lapped. Any car which has been completely lapped will be behind the race leader, and they stay there - they don't get the lap back. The back markers who are allowed to overtake the safety car don't overtake the race leader, and thus don't get a full lap back.

What happened on Sunday night is that every lapped car was given the lap back, regardless of where they were located relative to the race leader. Hamilton was 1 lap and X seconds behind Verstappen when the race was stopped, when it was restarted he was only Y seconds behind. That's just plain wrong.

Put another way, consider a driver who has been lapped by the race leader, and is 1.5 laps behind when the race is stopped, and is between the race leader and the safety car when the SC joins the track. Under Supercar rules, they are allowed to regain most of that 0.5 laps, but end up 1 lap down, at the back of the pack - effectively 1.1 laps down. Under F1 rules, they regain the whole lost lap, and rejoin at the back of the pack, going from 1.5 laps to 0.1 laps down.

SC = Safety Car. I didn't mention Supercars.

Back