Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great strong leader Noble is.

From the outside I feel he’s the perfect mix of hard but fair. So balanced.

There’s this underlying feeling I get about him where you really wouldn’t want to let him down too many times because it wont end well for you. He’s definitely an actions man.
Also comes across as cool headed, which is a departure from what we've come to expect in the box over the years from the typical former player.

This rebuild is different from 2010s

This crop of kids will IMO be better than Ziebell, Cunnington, Atley.

yeh we had more experience last time round but I don’t think we’re going to hold onto the deadwood this time round

You can see there has been gradual improvement from week to week under Noble

Each game we are staying longer in the contest.

The one thing I hated about Scott sides was how reactionary they were to bad losses.
Why the need to get belted, get the wake up call then come out and perform the next week? That inconsistency cost us in 2013-15.

yeh we had more experience last time round but I don’t think we’re going to hold onto the deadwood this time round

The one thing I hated about Scott sides was how reactionary they were to bad losses.
Why the need to get belted, get the wake up call then come out and perform the next week? That inconsistency cost us in 2013-15.

I 100% agree with this

We are slowly building which is the best way IMO. Every single game we are getting more competitive, pressure is going up, endurance with the 4 quarters, more chance to gel in a young group. A win will galvanise our group. Put some belief in us.

I do like how the players have a clear view and a understanding of where they’re at. But you can see that we are gaining confidence

The main issue is our injuries. We need some stability. How we going to gel if we don’t improve our management or prevention? We won’t. We need the likes of our experienced players to help develop our youth. That’s never going to happen if half our list is disrupted by injuries.

Im liking where we are heading though. Slow but patient path of success.

We have seen improvements even from game to game - even with injuries - never saw that with Scott who was too vain to take criticism of his own performance. I didn't think we would win a game this season but I am pretty confident we will snatch a few. Also, unlike Brad the kids won't be stuck in the magoos for three years, given one game, and then be sent back - they will be playing in the ones and learning. Also big fan of Noble's no bullshit easy confidence and self belief - perfect teacher if you ask me

It's very early days but when we do get a run of play under Noble it appears a result of system rather than graft.

Only an initial observation at this point though. But we resemble a bulldogs method in the way we go about it when things click for a few minutes here and there.

It's very early days but when we do get a run of play under Noble it appears a result of system rather than graft.

Only an initial observation at this point though. But we resemble a bulldogs method in the way we go about it when things click for a few minutes here and there.

JRussell's influence from the dogs is a big reason as to why he was brought in.

Wait till it clicks for longer periods ;)

The most pleasing thing for me is the speed at which the group is understanding the new gameplan and the players ability to carry that out.

We are still at the crawling stage of our development, but I think we will be on our feet a lot sooner than most expect.

At the end of round 6 - Coaches Votes

North Melbourne leaderboard
6 Ben Cunnington
5 Jack Ziebell
4 Jaidyn Stephenson
4 Aaron Hall

Bugger me. A sorry state of affairs but once again geeze Noble isn't exactly pumping anyone's tyres up with token votes. That's for damn sure.

At the end of round 6 - Coaches Votes

North Melbourne leaderboard
6 Ben Cunnington
5 Jack Ziebell
4 Jaidyn Stephenson
4 Aaron Hall

Bugger me. A sorry state of affairs but once again geeze Noble isn't exactly pumping anyone's tyres up with token votes. That's for damn sure.
From this list you'd think we've played 2 games :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this.

(Nobe 's role that is)

Me neither.

How has he got time to focus on anything other than his current train wreck?

??????????

Do they not already have 20,000 committees that do the same ******* thing? Does the RULES committee not study the effect of the the rules they ******* implement?

fu** me...

It adds imprimatur to cover any * ups.

Kinda like appointing Paul Roos.

Interesting I had the same reaction surprised it's almost unanimous.

Rome is burning. Keep your attention on us thanks. I don't even care if it provides some insight or bolsters David's CV, all effort should currently be going into shoring up our own backyard first.

When he's won something he can switch to Alistair Clarkson mode and start wondering about the big picture.

Interesting I had the same reaction surprised it's almost unanimous.

Rome is burning. Keep your attention on us thanks. I don't even care if it provides some insight or bolsters David's CV, all effort should currently be going into shoring up our own backyard first.

When he's won something he can switch to Alistair Clarkson mode and start wondering about the big picture.
It’s probably a test, go on the rule committee and make some rules that actually favour us or like the old dickhead 666 killed the club I was coach of..

As you can tell I’m not bitter at all, about the last coach who was here for a decade, and did that as a parting gift.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back