Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice that "buying" tickets today it forced you to provide the name and mobile of others (assuming you were buying on behalf of a group of members)?

Started last week with a couple of matches in Melb, and looks like the AFL is rolling it out across all Vic matches this week:

THE AFL advises that for two matches in round five of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season a ticketing data collection trial will take place to assist the league in getting back to 100 per cent capacity for matches in Victoria.

When purchasing tickets online, all fans will be required to enter the name and contact number of each person attending the match. Previously fans would only need to enter one person's details in the attending group.

Should members or fans have dependants they are purchasing for (or someone that doesn't have a mobile number) they will be able to enter their own contact details on their behalf. Example being a family attending and parent enters their mobile number for the child attending with them.

The aim is to assist the Victorian Government obtaining the contact details of all fans attending to the matches to best assist with contact tracing. Fans can be contacted faster and more efficiently in the event of a COVID-related outbreak.

A successful trial further mitigates community risk and assists the AFL's case to get back towards 100 per cent capacity in venues for matches.

Started last week with a couple of matches in Melb, and looks like the AFL is rolling it out across all Vic matches this week:

Interesting, as I got tickets to last week's match (yesterday's game), and never got asked. Surprised it wasn't there from round 1 considering the reasoning behind all the limitations.

Somewhat strange experience "buying" today - put in my barcode then and clicked on upgrade in my normal stand (Premiership Stand) got offered tickets in Players Stand, then clicked on the other area option and got offered seats in my normal bay in Premiership Stand just 5 rows back from my usual seat which I took. Anyone else have the same problem?

Somewhat strange experience "buying" today - put in my barcode then and clicked on upgrade in my normal stand (Premiership Stand) got offered tickets in Players Stand, then clicked on the other area option and got offered seats in my normal bay in Premiership Stand just 5 rows back from my usual seat which I took. Anyone else have the same problem?

I've yet to be offered seats remotely close to our regular seasonal seats, and I was in at 9:59am today. I really don't think the system has much smarts any different to the norm. At best it feels like based-off barcodes it generally understands the area of the ground you belong to, but from the algorithm kicks in based on what they first make available, versus is available at that moment in time.

Kinda frustrated and curious with how they determine which gate we're meant to use - my ticket had gate 8 for entry today but I'm sitting Bay 14 which is directly across from gate 5
Was in the Gary Ablett terrace last night and needed to change my daughter
No parents room only in C Section, security weren’t going to let us in to change her.
Was a joke and eventually they seen how frustrated we were and let us through

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that "buying" tickets today it forced you to provide the name and mobile of others (assuming you were buying on behalf of a group of members)?
Yes, caused me a bit of a scramble to find the mobile number of one person in my group that I didn’t have to hand. Realised that I could just chuck in my own number and it worked.

A ticketing data collection trial will take place across two matches in round five to assist in getting back to 100 per cent capacity for matches in Victoria.

Yep.... I am listening to a audiobook of 1984 atm ... This stuff is starting to get a little bit over bearing

When we learn to 100 capacity... does all get back to their own seast.. do they still expect all to acquire tickets .. like every game is a final? We do not have membership tickets so I do not know how this year can return to normal... and if it doesnt ..I do not expect too many games to get anywhere near 100%

Yes, caused me a bit of a scramble to find the mobile number of one person in my group that I didn’t have to hand. Realised that I could just chuck in my own number and it worked.

I just did the same number for everyone as well. Surely whoever buys the tickets would be enough info in the first place.

GEELONG’s Round 9 and 10 fixtures have been finalised.

The Cats will take on the Saints in Round 9 on Friday 14 May at 7.50pm at Marvel Stadium.

Geelong will then return home the following Round to host the Gold Coast Suns at GMHBA Stadium on Saturday 22 May at 2.10pm

The Cats have an excellent recent record against both sides. They've beaten the Saints in four of their last five meetings, and have never lost a match for premiership points against the Suns, holding a 7-0 record.

Round 9
Friday, May 14
St Kilda v Geelong at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Round 10
Saturday, May 22
Geelong v Gold Coast at GMHBA Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

For those interested in the full round 9 & 10 fixtures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sucks.....

Sucks for the club - wonder what KP Stadium Trust are doing to increase capacity in regards to the covid safe plan they're provided and hopefully continually reviewing, or if it's down to things like standing room which is holding back increasing capacity

I'll take a Friday night game in Melbourne when it makes this guy unhappy

There's 3 games at Marvel in that round.

It was a Choice between
1. St Kilda v Geelong
2. Richmond v GWS
3. Essendon v Freo

Think there's a clear winner there for a Friday night game.

Sucks for the club - wonder what KP Stadium Trust are doing to increase capacity in regards to the covid safe plan they're provided and hopefully continually reviewing, or if it's down to things like standing room which is holding back increasing capacity

I doubt any ground gets anywhere near 75 or 85%... I tink we could ave 26, 000 this week .I suspect we will be short of that

I doubt any ground gets anywhere near 75 or 85%... I tink we could ave 26, 000 this week .I suspect we will be short of that

Totally agree - not sure we're going to see too many sell out matches for a while yet

GEELONG’s Round 9 and 10 fixtures have been finalised.

The Cats will take on the Saints in Round 9 on Friday 14 May at 7.50pm at Marvel Stadium.

Geelong will then return home the following Round to host the Gold Coast Suns at GMHBA Stadium on Saturday 22 May at 2.10pm

The Cats have an excellent recent record against both sides. They've beaten the Saints in four of their last five meetings, and have never lost a match for premiership points against the Suns, holding a 7-0 record.

Round 9
Friday, May 14
St Kilda v Geelong at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Round 10
Saturday, May 22
Geelong v Gold Coast at GMHBA Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

For those interested in the full round 9 & 10 fixtures

They’ve definitely lost to the Gold Coast... one sad Saturday night on the Gold Coast in... 2014???

They’ve definitely lost to the Gold Coast... one sad Saturday night on the Gold Coast in... 2014???

Thats the info as per 'Cats Media' - maybe they have forgotten about those matches...

I thought we had lost to them, and we've actually lost twice to them

The S.A state government here in Adl today announced 100% capacity for games at AO from May 8th. So those travelling members and Adl & S.A cat's members, spread the word for our game later in the season.

Last edited:
Will be in Sydney Saturday week for the game. Are Cats fans generally in one area? Christ alive tickets aren't half pricey at the SCG.

Thanks for your ongoing support as a Geelong Strong member. As you may remember, during the 2020 season additional benefits were offered to you as part of your 2020 Membership contribution. Please read the below information for an update.
Individual signed guernsey
We have wonderful news! Individual player signed guernseys are now ready for collection for Social Club Members.

You will be able to collect your guernsey from the Geelong Social Club room at GMHBA Stadium on either of the below collection dates/times.
  • Monday 3 May between 4pm - 7pm, OR
  • Wednesday 12 May between 4pm - 7pm.
Individual player signed guernseys will be selected for eligible members at random (in terms of size and AFL player signature). Therefore there is no need for you to rush or arrive early.

Entry via gate 14 Brownlow Stand, which is the glass door entry into the Cats Shop/Charles and Co Café. From there take the escalator to the Social Club room on level 2.

Please note the following:
  • You will be required to bring a photo ID with you in order to collect
  • We do expect some delays with queuing, so we appreciate your patience and cooperation
  • Individual player signed guernseys will be selected for eligible members at random (in terms of size and AFL player signature)
  • Staff will not know which player signature they are selecting when handing you the guernsey
  • Unfortunately, we will not be able to facilitate swaps or additional signatures
  • Please remember you are only eligible for 1 (one) individual player signed guernsey per household

If you are unable to make the above collection dates, we will offer some additional dates in the near future, so please continue to check your emails for information.
Limited Edition Geelong Social Club Wine
Great news! Your limited edition Jack Rabbit Geelong Social Club wine is ready for collection.

The wine will be available for collection with your individual signed guernsey on Monday 3 May and Wednesday 12 May from 4-7pm in the Geelong Social Club room.
Are they seriously taking the piss? We drop a grand for nothing last year and they can't be bothered chucking a jumper into an envelope to send it out?

There are many, many Cats fans who don't live in Geelong; the disregard for those members by the club is astonishing. Hopefully all of you in the same position have let the club know about it today.

Add to that after the excitement that at least I would have a signed #26 jumper framed up in my garage, there's a chance that if I ever do get my jumper that it could be a Zuthrie or Constable ilk?

Also the $50 Cats shop vouchers went to most people's junk mails last year and expired before they could be used. The Club still don't know when the 'Special Social Club Exclusive Event' will happen. No doubt at 2pm on a Tuesday or something.

Pathetic to be honest, absolutely dropped the ball on this.

I pumped 2 reserve seats worth last year. Same again this year.
Never sat in them.
My choice so that’s on me.
However, I’ll happily wait till sept to get the full squad signed in the jumper if that’s what it takes. I get the logistics of time to complete that.
But to change it to a single signature. Cmon really!?
Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back