Trades Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet trades, JM! How many left?
Judd_Magic copied my trades from last night .....I guess that's a compliment :think:

Happy with my midfield development .....can still swing Macrae into the mids if required

1618790796101.png

1618791255187.png

Have to hold Logan McDonald which isn't ideal given his B/E is so high, but I think he can climb in $ later on in the season. Will only have $3k left after this. Can anyone see a better move though? I'm not seeing it.

Very tempted on Brayshaw and Neale but I want to wait 1 more week. (Brayshaw playing norf lul, Neale just want to see him back it up again)

Feeling really sketched out with Tom Mitchell performance yesterday (likely to drop further in pricing).

Then theres is Zac Merret which I don't really like since they got no ruckman.

Bont seems okay at 590k.

Petrecca at 578k seems good value.

True. I am just saying I trust Brayshaw to be a better M7-M8 than Cripps or Taranto. Most teams don't play a tagger and when not tagged Brayshaw has gone 125, 132, 117.

So that's 3 scores better than anything Cripps or Taranto have produced already. I am not going to do it but Brayshaw will be a good trade in for others with different plans. I think Brayshaw goes 105-110. From what I've seen from both Cripps and Taranto it is very possible both don't average better than mid to high 90's which is disappointing. That is going to weigh down my side all year.

But you're right. Higher priorities first.

Anything they have produced so far this year is only 5 games old.

3 games is a tiny size sample. Brayshaw has no SP history. (last years 101 in compromised season = 90 normal season) There's no exposed data that suggests that Brayshaw averages 105-110 while the other 2 stay at mid 90's based on data we have from previous seasons and from what we have seen from all 3 this year. Worth noting that Cripps played injured the first 2-3 rounds and is probably still not at 100%. A fully fit and in-form Cripps averages a minimum 10 points higher than Brayshaw imo.

Last edited:
Anything they have produced so far this year is only 5 games old.

3 games is a tiny size sample. Brayshaw has no SP history. (last years 101 in compromised season = 90 normal season) There's no exposed data that suggests that Brayshaw averages 105-110 while the other 2 stay at mid 90's based on data we have from previous seasons.

Curious on how you calculated that number?

I know back in 2017 Cripps was going into the season with a back issue and ended up averaging 97.7 for the year.

With Brayshaw you can treat you him as a "natural" improver you see in any midfielder, so its not far fetch he can't average over 105 this year.

At 482k Brayshaw presents a lot of value though..

Very tempted on Brayshaw and Neale but I want to wait 1 more week. (Brayshaw playing norf lul, Neale just want to see him back it up again)

Feeling really sketched out with Tom Mitchell performance yesterday (likely to drop further in pricing).

Then theres is Zac Merret which I don't really like since they got no ruckman.

Bont seems okay at 590k.

Petrecca at 578k seems good value.

I'd go Petracca from that list if you can. 150 and 110 last 2 weeks. Getting it together nicely.

If Meek or SPFlynn play Ill leave Gawn till later.
Have Houston, Ridley and maybe Tex out. Ridley is definitley as hold. Helmet comes back in for him.
Houston looked bad so he becomes Jones.

Maybe Campbell or Brockman to Oliver. Have over 900k but cant double updrage thanks to that soft POS Houston.
Shame he was gonna be a great POD

Some carnage to be tended to this week......

Meek > Grundy is all but a lock (copped a Ruck donut on the we)

Second question will be what to do in Def. Currently have May, Ridley and Highmore. One has to go to avoid another donut. Don't want to sideways, but will have to go May if I want to bring in a Premo (Lloyd), only circa 100k in the bank after bringing in Grundy. Want to hang onto Highmore in the hope he returns soon for some $$ generation.

Any decent def rookies coming through? Seems to have been slim pickings all year. Kosi getting named again was the only thing that prevented me having a double donut over the weekend...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious on how you calculated that number?

I know back in 2017 Cripps was going into the season with a back issue and ended up averaging 97.7 for the year.

With Brayshaw you can treat you him as a "natural" improver you see in any midfielder, so its not far fetch he can't average over 105 this year.

At 482k Brayshaw presents a lot of value though..

I saw a graph that someone produced a while back (can't remember who) might have been Suma Magic on players that averaged 100+ last year with their scores being boosted by scaling by something like 8+ points per game.

Cripps 97 average not as impacted by scaling, but it was probably a 92-95 season.

Brayshaw is value if upgrading a rookie, but pointless in sideways trading Cripps/Taranto. If anything you will lose a bunch of points over a whole season, just like those who did that trade in Rd3 lost 70 points in just 3 games. Not to mention a valuable trade.

Brayshaw won't average 105+ this year, you can bookmark that.

Some carnage to be tended to this week......

Meek > Grundy is all but a lock (copped a Ruck donut on the we)

Second question will be what to do in Def. Currently have May, Ridley and Highmore. One has to go to avoid another donut. Don't want to sideways, but will have to go May if I want to bring in a Premo (Lloyd), only circa 100k in the bank after bringing in Grundy. Want to hang onto Highmore in the hope he returns soon for some $$ generation.

Any decent def rookies coming through? Seems to have been slim pickings all year. Kosi getting named again was the only thing that prevented me having a double donut over the weekend...
Same. My DEF is decimated. No decent FWDS so Im gonna grab Gawn or Mids. All comes down ot Meek and SPFlynn playing

Same. My DEF is decimated. No decent FWDS so Im gonna grab Gawn or Mids. All comes down ot Meek and SPFlynn playing

Rolling teams makes it hard too with StK playing Sunday. Flynn and Meek play before Grundy so that helps. If one gets named I might hold on Grundy, was hoping to cash out one of the Swans kids this week instead with Warner and Campbell both having BE's in the 50's, although hopefully against the suns both will still squeeze some more increases in.. If Highmore doesn't need named I might have to go Highmore > L Jones on the bubble, although I recall hearing he hurt his ankle on the weekend, so that could screw me.

Thoughts?
Brayshaw at a bargain this round priced at $482k. Ideal candidate for a M8 position.
Next 4 out of 5 games at home in WA. The other game away is with ESS.

Looking at welcoming him into my team this week.
I think if your current mids are top of the line options (or at least the majority of them are) then he's a good pick up.

If your mids have the likes of Cripps/Taranto/Kelly (especially multiple of them) then you probably have too many potential M8 candidates already and might need to focus on someone safer.

I think I'll be bringing him in :thumbsu: Besides from North, his next 'likely' tag is Carlton again in R15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back