eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg

388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg

Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:

suburb whispers

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cheers! Was hard to see from the other end of the ground.
Can be a cruel game sometimes.
I thought Banks was by far the best player on the ground until he got injured, daylight 2nd. Wasn’t real impressed with what I saw of Sonsie tbh. Can’t believe Banks isn’t rated higher on various draft boards.
What do you think?

suburb whispers

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
How long banks expected be out for?
Not sure. Think it was a bad break. Knocked off balance in a marking contest (took the grab) and instinctively put his hand down to break his fall. His wrist took the full brunt of his weight coming down, so looks like a clean break. Was on the magic whistle waiting for the ambulance ☹️

xII ReApEr

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can be a cruel game sometimes.
I thought Banks was by far the best player on the ground until he got injured, daylight 2nd. Wasn’t real impressed with what I saw of Sonsie tbh. Can’t believe Banks isn’t rated higher on various draft boards.
What do you think?
Exactly this. Banks is a spitting image of Lachlan Sholl but even better in the air and probably has more speed.

suburb whispers

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Exactly this. Banks is a spitting image of Lachlan Sholl but even better in the air and probably has more speed.
Correct. The best thing about him is his disposal and decision making. He’s at a high AFL level with his kicking on left and right foot right now, short kicking and 50-60 mtr bullets. With how the game is played now, he would be a real weapon for any side in the comp.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oakleigh with a good lead at quarter time but I don't think the Jets have actually played badly.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe I'm just used to it now, but stream quality seems better today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good fight back from the Rebels here, Murray looked like they were really going to run away with it.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I really like Josh Sinn.

Do you think he could be one of our targets this year eDPS or do you think Essendon will go a bigger midfielder like Johnson?
We need tall midfield depth and more defenders who can play small so it’s a hard choice to make. Sinn can play midfield but perhaps is the contested type that we need. I’d lean to Johnson but would be happy with either.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any thoughts on Lukas Cooke Key forward from Woodville West. Kicked 7.1 in the under 18's on the weekend against a good side. A mate watching the game said he has come on in leaps and bounds over the past 6-8 months. Really good work rate and natural forward craft.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Any thoughts on Lukas Cooke Key forward from Woodville West. Kicked 7.1 in the under 18's on the weekend against a good side. A mate watching the game said he has come on in leaps and bounds over the past 6-8 months. Really good work rate and natural forward craft.
Was a great game and looked very promising, would like to see how he goes against a very good defender as the South Adelaide backline is rather short.

Heath Dunby

D grade analysis (generous)
Feb 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would love to know a little more about McInnes out of Glenelg. Tracked him a bit over the preseason where he had 16 goals in three games coming off a big season last year in a shortened fixture. What are the initial takeaways from him?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I would love to know a little more about McInnes out of Glenelg. Tracked him a bit over the preseason where he had 16 goals in three games coming off a big season last year in a shortened fixture. What are the initial takeaways from him?
He is a strong and smart forward, a bit undersized and perhaps a bit like Tim Membrey in a way. I’d like to see him push up the ground more as he gets a lot of the ball deep inside 50 which won’t happen at the next level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back