Analysis Worst AFL contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Wright has 3. Tipping I know which player will add more value. At least Corr competes.

What the hell happened to Wright. He’s been in reverse since about his second year. Promising start and just turned to dogshit. Not sure if I’d feel sicker having Dow or Wright playing seniors for me. Both make a best 22 worse than just playing a best 21 in my opinion.

I reckon Hanners has to be the worst deal. Barely played any meaningful football during his tenure. Gaff not far behind - decent outside player but horrendously overpaid. Polec goes without saying.

Disappointing on Hanners you won't see a Swans fan that didn't want him to get back to his best. Unfortunately his body is completely done. It is a shame and he's had a wonderful career but he'll retire soon.

Polec is a tricky one, outside players need good sides, it's so tough as an outside player in a poor side.

Hooker. Was vital in us getting most of the players back on board, was an All Australian calibre defender and a good key forward in his own right.

Ah I see, so all we need is a massive scandal where 3/4 of our playing list gets suspended and Corr rallies the troops and all of a sudden this is a great deal for North.

Amazing foresight from Essendon to give Hooker a 5 year deal in that case.

Ah I see, so all we need is a massive scandal where 3/4 of our playing list gets suspended and Corr rallies the troops and all of a sudden this is a great deal for North.

Amazing foresight from Essendon to give Hooker a 5 year deal in that case.
I hope you're paying attention when Hooker kicks 5 on him :)

Corr would be playing VFL at any other club. All that money to "compete" lol.

I reckon Hanners has to be the worst deal. Barely played any meaningful football during his tenure. Gaff not far behind - decent outside player but horrendously overpaid. Polec goes without saying.
If Corr is VFL level Wright is VFL reserve level.

Corr can kick - which Shiel never learnt to do. Smith also goes without saying.

What if I told you:
Caleb Serong + pick 58 + a future 2nd and 4th round picks + $900K pa salary cap for Brad Hill + a future 3rd round pick

I don't know what maths you have done, You seem to miss that it was Melbourne who gave you pick 8 for pick 10. Your missing a player by the name of Kysaiah Pickett in the whole conversation. So if Melbourne didn't give you pick 8 and they took Serong instead then you point is invalid.

I didn't realise that players salaries are public knowledge.
Because some "Journo" claims Hill is getting paid 900K we are to accept he is.

Why has this reached 13 pages?? Should have been Mitch McGovern and thread closed.

But of course there is Dayne Beams to make everyone feel better..

Could put st kilda’s recruiting as a collective.

all mercenaries looking out with no.1 with no heart for the club.

hannebery was cooked, wanted to extend his career.
Hill wanted money.
Jones would have been NEAFL - thanks Saints for the payday
we all saw the doco- crows laughing at flog crouch who only cares about himself.

these guys don’t care.

st Kilda even got hannebery to present crouch’s guernsey. That st kilda champion Dan Hannebery
And all put together by another mercenary with no heart for the club - Simon Lethlean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think that Kurt Tippett at the swans would earn more than just a passing mention. What was it $3.55 million over four years beginning 2013? If you judge it purely on output it makes the Treloar deal look pretty darn good.
Didn't his crows contact also get done for draft tampering or something? Cost the crows some draft picks?

Bad contact after bad contact

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Disappointing on Hanners you won't see a Swans fan that didn't want him to get back to his best. Unfortunately his body is completely done. It is a shame and he's had a wonderful career but he'll retire soon.

Polec is a tricky one, outside players need good sides, it's so tough as an outside player in a poor side.

The thing is he was so clearly done at Sydney and a young Saints team pick him up. Would have to be the worst contract.

Polec not great either but he looked better at Port.

The thing is he was so clearly done at Sydney and a young Saints team pick him up. Would have to be the worst contract.

Polec not great either but he looked better at Port.
I think Polec would look a lot better in a better team but yeah, no where near justifies the contract. You have to spend the cap somehow I guess

I think Polec would look a lot better in a better team but yeah, no where near justifies the contract. You have to spend the cap somehow I guess

Still think he’s been solid the issue is do you pay premium for solid?

He's a great player but overpaid IMO. You think about those players in that elite pay bracket - Dusty, Bont, Cripps etc...Gaff in there sticks out like a sore thumb.

But then again, when you compare it to Hill or Polec's contract, he'd be underpaid.

Gaff is arguably overpaid but some of the reported contract figures are a bit of a laugh. Our TPP would be $20m based on media reports.

His issue is that he is an excellent wingman ordinary and everything else - and we keep playing him in the centre square. Granted we are down on troops but I would rather play Naitanui, Kelly, Redden, Sheed and rotate others through the centre bounces and leave Gaff on the wing.

The thing about the contracts to Williams and McGovern plus what ever else is that they’re not only ordinary players but they’re also going to cost them one of Cripps or McKay, or put one of them in danger of leaving.

The thing about the contracts to Williams and McGovern plus what ever else is that they’re not only ordinary players but they’re also going to cost them one of Cripps or McKay, or put one of them in danger of leaving.

Doubt the club is going to be too disappointed with Cripps leaving. They’ll pay McKay 1 mil over 6 years or 750k over a couple over years.

Zac Williams is the clubhouse leader for worst contract though.

Doubt the club is going to be too disappointed with Cripps leaving. They’ll pay McKay 1 mil over 6 years or 750k over a couple over years.

Zac Williams is the clubhouse leader for worst contract though.
Harsh on Cripps man. He’s not finished, he’s hampered and if given the chance will recover and be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back