We need to talk about Mundy

Mogumber

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The last of the 2003 class playing, Adam Cooney taken Number 1, and won a Brownlow.
Mundy taken at 19
Mundy will play next year, and play well.
I love the Man

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
I actually don't think it's going to be too much of an issue as long as Cerra stays. I transiently forget that Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong are 21, 21 and 20.

Genuinely think Mundy has another year in him with maybe a few games managed. Those three could be the best centre square trio in the comp by then, let alone with Fyfe.

Agree that a quality young mid is priority #2 after KPF.

I think the answer is that you cant replace him short of bringing is Merrett as a FA (arguably impossible)

The medium term best case scenario is that he can play 1 more year of which by then, Serong has grown another 30%, Cerra 15% and AB 5% (untagged AB is likely not going to get much better than he's putting out already, Cerra has further growth IMO).

You then need to cover the remaining 50% of Mundy's output with Tucker/Valente (which should be possible).

Long term, Chapman is hopefully the answer as a faster but less contested version of Mundy.

Side note, we did beat Adelaide on the weekend without Cerra effectively who can take Mundy's spot.

He is still posting, just not here.
I'll never understand people's reluctance to admit they were wrong. It's an opinion on sport, its not life or death, and we are all idiots who like to think we have any idea we know what we are talking about.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'll never understand people's reluctance to admit they were wrong. It's an opinion on sport, its not life or death, and we are all idiots who like to think we have any idea we know what we are talking about.
Yeah but I'm exclusively right.

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe the bigger question in the short term is whether the club has factored a possible Mundy extension into the salary cap projections. Should be a few delistings at the end of the year, but some which a couple of weeks ago we might have taken as guaranteed are now looking like 1-year extensions (i.e. Colyer).

Jul 20, 2018
Still hoping my buddy valente comes good. Maybe plays 5 games this season, Mundy goes around in 2022, and there’s a natural transition of power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
If it's end of year do we go into the running to grab Merrett from Essendon?

A New Hope

Club Larrikin
Aug 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Touchy subject but last year Cripps was suggested as his replacement. This could still happen.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just like the discussion last year, there is no reason for him to retire while he’s still playing top line footy and is a big part of the club. Keep the one year extensions coming.

Unless he wants to retire. But I suspect that because he’s invested so much in bringing this young group through, that he wants to reap the rewards with them.

Back