Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have been unbalanced in team structure since rorys injury. Need to get another mid in Hately for mine. Billy just does not have football brain and has concrete hands. Bergs are cement like at times but he is good on the ground and has football nous. Murray was very impressive against west. If anyone is injured down back he is the first come in. I would put worrell forward at some stage in the twos or in the midfield. We have enough backline players of his height. Need to draft a small backline player Maybe oloughlin. I would be going hell for leather for Ed Richards from bulldogs
We may be able to orchestrate trade with them for mcasey. Also like number 27 who cannot get a regular game for them at the moment. Also would ask Hayward and Stephens from the swans some questions. Need quick skilled ball users after Seeing turnovers in yesterday’s game

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Worrell's issue is the right spot opening up. We're currently playing only 1 KPD and he seems to be behind Butts and Murray. Talia will be back before both the other 2 go out and there's no certainty that he's ahead of McAsey. Doubtful he'd be any closer if he was playing forward either. Reckon he'll need a few things go his way to get a game this year.
Shouldve played Worrell when Brown and Kelly were both out... but we just had to bring mookay back in.. it was so desperately important we have had his “experience” for that game and geez, didnt he prove that!

another lost opportunity thanks to the worst player to make 200..

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
We have been unbalanced in team structure since rorys injury. Need to get another mid in Hately for mine. Billy just does not have football brain and has concrete hands. Bergs are cement like at times but he is good on the ground and has football nous. Murray was very impressive against west. If anyone is injured down back he is the first come in. I would put worrell forward at some stage in the twos or in the midfield. We have enough backline players of his height. Need to draft a small backline player Maybe oloughlin. I would be going hell for leather for Ed Richards from bulldogs
We may be able to orchestrate trade with them for mcasey. Also like number 27 who cannot get a regular game for them at the moment. Also would ask Hayward and Stephens from the swans some questions. Need quick skilled ball users after Seeing turnovers in yesterday’s game
Why would Richards come to Adelaide?..

If he was worthy of a spot, available and came cheap another vic team would grab him before he’d bother moving over to us..

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
To be fair, we haven't played in Tasmania very much recently, and it's been over a decade since we last played at York Park:
2017 - Bellerive (Hobart) - Didn't bother turning up vs North Melbourne
2014 - Bellerive - Lost to North Melbourne
2010 - York Park (Launceston) - lost to Hawthorn
2008 - York Park - lost to Hawthorn
2005 - York Park - defeated Hawthorn
2004 - York Park - lost to St Kilda
2001 - York Park - lost to Hawthorn

Mackay, Sloane & Walker are the only players still on our list who have played at York Park. Of these, Walker is probably the only one likely to play this week.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
To be fair, we haven't played in Tasmania very much recently, and it's been over a decade since we last played at York Park:
2017 - Bellerive (Hobart) - Didn't bother turning up vs North Melbourne
2014 - Bellerive - Lost to North Melbourne
2010 - York Park (Launceston) - lost to Hawthorn
2008 - York Park - lost to Hawthorn
2005 - York Park - defeated Hawthorn
2004 - York Park - lost to St Kilda
2001 - York Park - lost to Hawthorn

Mackay, Sloane & Walker are the only players still on our list who have played at York Park. Of these, Walker is probably the only one likely to play this week.
I still have nightmares and anger issues from that 2017 game against North... that was the first time I had doubts about Pyke and his coaching abilities..

The stupidity of Don to sit by and watch that entire first quarter and not make one single change during it to try and stem the flow was just ludicrous.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I still have nightmares and anger issues from that 2017 game against North... that was the first time I had doubts about Pyke and his coaching abilities..

The stupidity of Don to sit by and watch that entire first quarter and not make one single change during it to try and stem the flow was just ludicrous.
It's one of the few Crows games I didn't bother watching all the way to the bitter end. I went to the Ainslie Football Club to watch the game, as I did for all Foxtel games back then. I walked out at quarter time, and drove home. I figured if they couldn't be bothered playing, I couldn't be bothered watching.

jimvic

Senior List
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any thoughts on McPherson the last few weeks? Hasn't seemed to find a tonne of the football and has coughed up the ball on several occasions causing goals. Seems to have lost a bit of the polish he has early on.
I raised this last week and got howled down - I think giving him a rest and bringing Worrell in made sense with the height of the Freo forwards, and possibly is still the case with Hawthorn

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I raised this last week and got howled down - I think giving him a rest and bringing Worrell in made sense with the height of the Freo forwards, and possibly is still the case with Hawthorn
I don't think he's much different than Hamill where he's been asked to be more defensive this year. We've got Smith, Seedsman and Sholl to generate the offence and Doedee as the interceptor, the other guys have to concentrate more on stopping.

Can make the argument we're unbalanced height wise, but I'd say he's kept his spot because he's playing the role the coaches have set out for him.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
McHenry f**king sucks, yes he puts pressure on but half the time he goes into the contest way too hot and actually hinders one of our players who might actually be able to get their hands on the ball and get a meaningful possession or he knocks the ball onto a waiting opposition player, he is a sh*t kick and does not offer enough to warrant his spot. Piss him off and bring in Pedlar (If fit).

Also that massive spud Frampton should never play at AFL level for us again. Bring in TT.

It’s difficult at the moment because we have players who shouldn’t be playing because they are clearly injured. Lynch & McAdam. Also massive spuds like Frampton & McHenry but not enough fit players who really deserve a game in the SANFL.
My problem with McHenry is that he looks like he will never put weight on. His body will not withstand AFL for more than 2 years and he will be constantly banged up due to his play style. His skills are not good and at his size you need to have a key strength to your game such as Eddie Betts had. You can't question his effort but effort alone can't be the sole reason you are in a team. He wasn't a good pick.

Last edited:

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
I really liked McPherson last year, and round 1 this year. But he’s starting to look a little bit like Chris Schmidt. I don’t like his kicking a whole lot.

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
My problem with McHenry is that he looks like he will never put weight on. His body will not withstand AFL for more than 2 years and he will be constantly banged up due to his play style. His skills are not good and at his size you need to have a key strength to your game such as Eddie Betts had. You can't question his effort but effort alone can be the sole reason you are in a team. He wasn't a good pick.

He is a one trick pony but without a real trick. Pressure is admiral and if applied properly as good as a possession. I’ve been watching him closely and I can’t see where he is going to add an extra string to his bow. Also Murphy and Rowe are both clearly better and I would rather a Predlar/Cook rather than another small forward running around not offering that much.

Back