No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love KB, you see he's still got that competitive nature underneath all the banter, I do think he is getting just a little miffed Martins now in the conversation as Richmonds best lol. Maybe the club does need to recognize KB more, like as far as playing achievements KBs far & away our greatest player.
Obviously I never saw Jack Dyer play. But saw KB. An absolute jet!! Stood up when it mattered most. Have a look at his game in the preliminary final of 1973. 45 points down mid way through the 2nd quarter. We rightly sing the praises of Royce Hart coming on after half time to turn the game, but KB was in the thick of it. Look at his goal to seal the game. I love KB. To all of us today Jack Dyer is this legendary figure defining the club, but KB is a close second. He can say what he wants!!

Obviously I never saw Jack Dyer play. But saw KB. An absolute jet!! Stood up when it mattered most. Have a look at his game in the preliminary final of 1973. 45 points down mid way through the 2nd quarter. We rightly sing the praises of Royce Hart coming on after half time to turn the game, but KB was in the thick of it. Look at his goal to seal the game. I love KB. To all of us today Jack Dyer is this legendary figure defining the club, but KB is a close second. He can say what he wants!!
X2

Yeah, I know it's just part of the general schtick of a lot of ex-players nowadays, that whole 'how good was I" routine. But Bartlett constantly harping on about what he achieved and how unbeatable he was as a player at every opportunity really grinds my gears. Tbh I can't stand the bloke when he's on air.
He does it all in jest, when he was on radio, he used to piss me off, but when I realised his whole mantra was basically a piss take, I grew to love him

KB has an ego. Is prickly at times.
KB & Francis have 5 flags. A few from that era have 4 flags. When Dimma era boys win a 4th they'll be starting the conversation about who's the greatest. KB was too hungry to be my fave player. Bourke's stlyle made him my fave Tiges player. GR was my least favourite bouncer.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I know it's just part of the general schtick of a lot of ex-players nowadays, that whole 'how good was I" routine. But Bartlett constantly harping on about what he achieved and how unbeatable he was as a player at every opportunity really grinds my gears. Tbh I can't stand the bloke when he's on air.
It's a bit of fun... Then again if anyone can brag it's Bartlett, a footballing genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back