The Bureau

It’s fantastic, have watched every season SBS have

Yeah, on Ep10 of Season 5 which is the last.

So much to discuss under spoiler tags!!!!

How good is it?! The end scenes...

TIL that Jacques Audiard, who I absolutely adore, wrote and directed those final two eps.

It was always going to be Nadia that Mikhail had killed in revenge. He was way too classy to go after Prune. And the whole thing started with Malotru and Nadia leaving Syria. So that's how it had to end.

ChubbMuff

All Australian
Nov 8, 2004
Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
TIL that Jacques Audiard, who I absolutely adore, wrote and directed those final two eps.

It was always going to be Nadia that Mikhail had killed in revenge. He was way too classy to go after Prune. And the whole thing started with Malotru and Nadia leaving Syria. So that's how it had to end.

I have heard that the director got someone else to do the last scenes as he couldn't bear to watch her die. He literally loved the character too much. I was so *en angry at the end, but so happy they'd actually done it.

I have heard that the director got someone else to do the last scenes as he couldn't bear to watch her die. He literally loved the character too much. I was so fu**en angry at the end, but so happy they'd actually done it.

Yeah, it had to happen though. The whole series, from literally the first scene when Malotru is lying to Jean Marie about breaking up with her and it not being a real relationship, is about them on/off and their affair. It could only end with one of them dying and Mikhail's revenge is just so perfect.

So many good side characters. I loved the Russian FSB agent who had infiltrated ISIS. Hard arse that one.

Nah. Tbh I'm really wary of the US and Israeli shows like this because for a variety of reasons, some fair and some foul, they tend to be propaganda to a certain degree, and some of them are basically straight up racist about Arabs/Persians/Muslims.

Is why I love The Bureau. It has a real depth, it doesn't go in for any that.

ChubbMuff

All Australian
Nov 8, 2004
Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, it had to happen though. The whole series, from literally the first scene when Malotru is lying to Jean Marie about breaking up with her and it not being a real relationship, is about them on/off and their affair. It could only end with one of them dying and Mikhail's revenge is just so perfect.

So many good side characters. I loved the Russian FSB agent who had infiltrated ISIS. Hard arse that one.
Yeah we knew Mikhail was going to strike one last time the absolute campaigner. I loved when Malotru went KGB. My wife shed a tear for Henri.

I'm most of the way through season 4 and loving this show. The characters, dialogue and storyline are all fantastic. Thank you to the people who added spoiler tags.

The whole show is a spoiler tag

Back