Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I think we need to be weary about thinking that our outs are the difference between win's and losses this year. Gunston coming back for example isn't going to suddendly mean we are a 5 goal better team and all our forwards will click, especially when it's our midfield getting pantsed and at times providing sub-par delivery to our forwards. Sure he'll provide some forward structure when Clarko actually plays him there but we didn't see a lot of that last year either so I'm not buying he'd make that much of a difference now.

At most we'd maybe snag one more win and be 2-3, anything more and you're dreaming.

leadership

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Thankfully for us, we have a truckload of Half backs on our list that we could actually facilitate a move of both Impey and CJ into the middle/wing. Sicily still to come back, Granger-Barrass to come in to the defence, Greaves can play there, young Pepper is showing a fair bit at Box Hill in defence, whilst Will Day will also come back later this year. Its one area we do have depth!!

‘plus we have maginness and Downie who looked pretty complete in the pre season. Actual wingers but potentially inside/outside as well

So it happened ONCE? Not really an issue. Also it's inside 50. You win the ball there you have a shot at goal. A better example would be stoppage on the wing, this is a terrible example.

Sorry you've wasted so much time to find nothing but you've just countered your point.
There's fishermen and there's wishermen.
You might have better luck trawling instead of trolling.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here Brishawk tell me what's the go with stoppage. This is the first one of the game.

Screenshot_20210419-203322_Kayo Sports.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-203339_Kayo Sports.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-203408_Kayo Sports.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-203420_Kayo Sports.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-203426_Kayo Sports.jpg

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So it happened ONCE? Not really an issue. Also it's inside 50. You win the ball there you have a shot at goal. A better example would be stoppage on the wing, this is a terrible example.

Sorry you've wasted so much time to find nothing but you've just countered your point.
Here is a video of us at a stoppage...from last year basically doing the same sort of s**t and all players going to the ball and leaving demons on the outside.

Gaston

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2014
in the outer with anticipation
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 1106508
Red under 24, Green 27 and under

All these players will be on the list for another 5 years, the vast majority will go close to ten years.... but we're not young durrrrrrr.
It was raised this morning that we have 3 players under 21 currently in the side.
Based on where our list is at and others in a similar predictament, is that number enough?
Noticeable absentees are Lewis, Day, DGB and maybe Jeka, Downie even?

Currently Sydney, Freo, Adelaide and North have 6,7,8 and 8 players under 21.

All about perception but admittedly, we don't have a lot of talent in that demographic bar the above mentioned.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
You asked and he showed two very good examples of us collapsing in, while the opposition holds their position.

Learn to admit you were wrong. It's not hard and you'll be a better person for it in the long run.

hawks were pretty good at locking the ball in f50 most of q1 and whenever it got down there in the rest of the game - but not as often

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Surprised every week we have to have slow mo replays to understand what happens at a game that didn't agree with fantasy football.

Watching a game of football and working out for yourself why we are losing or in the old days winning probably shows why you need slo mo replays.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surprised every week we have to have slow mo replays to understand what happens at a game that didn't agree with fantasy football.

Watching a game of football and working out for yourself why we are losing or in the old days winning probably shows why you need slo mo replays.

I'm going to watch and post the SECOND stoppage once I'm done with On the Couch.

MadDawg

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2006
Counting cups
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The greatest team of all!
It was raised this morning that we have 3 players under 21 currently in the side.
Based on where our list is at and others in a similar predictament, is that number enough?
Noticeable absentees are Lewis, Day, DGB and maybe Jeka, Downie even?

Currently Sydney, Freo, Adelaide and North have 6,7,8 and 8 players under 21.

All about perception but admittedly, we don't have a lot of talent in that demographic bar the above mentioned.
569cjx.jpg

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So what do you think is happening? I’m not offering a request service.

You're not offering a request service because you've got NOTHING.

I already posted what is happening, and it's certainly not over committing at the ball. Structure is good.

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like literally you have to be joking about the first one. I analysed it. That was what I posted. Someone already pointed this out to you and you still bang on about it. Go to bed, roby.
Idk what you did to Roby and his Bloch Sphere but I get the feeling he doesn’t like you very much

Back