Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Still has improvement left in him.
I agree, and I think his next level will partly be driven by the improvement in the team - with more I50s as a group, Stephenson will get more and more opportunities. A 40 goal season isn't out of the question

Still has improvement left in him.

Absolutely. Tip of the iceberg with this kid.

The coaches were pushing him hard in the preseason to get up and down the ground at full tilt in drills. Clearly with the view to the midfield role. I imagine it's new to him at this level, so you'd think there'd be quite a bit of scope there.

We saw past the the goalsneak role he had at Collingwood an hopefully we make out like highway bandits. Dream about him running up and down the wing at the G on GF day, slotting goals from 50 ala Peter Matera.

The coaches were pushing him hard in the preseason to get up and down the ground at full tilt in drills. Clearly with the view to the midfield role. I imagine it's new to him at this level, so you'd think there'd be quite a bit of scope there.

We saw past the the goalsneak role he had at Collingwood an hopefully we make out like highway bandits. Dream about him running up and down the wing at the G on GF day, slotting goals from 50 ala Peter Matera.
How good is this bloke going to be with a full complement of players flicking it to him in space. Great skills, pace and one touch - he is a gem and still a pup.

How good is this bloke going to be with a full complement of players flicking it to him in space. Great skills, pace and one touch - he is a gem and still a pup.

He's already had a little taste of what's to come with Powell and Phillips putting him into space, barely having to break stride. I reckon he'd be on half a monga thinking about what could be on the horizon.

He was pretty average on the weekend I thought - BUT still managed to kick the ball between the taller posts when most players on both sides could not.

Augers well for a successful future as a forward/winger type player.

Despite our balls up of the 2017 draft we have ended up coming out of it ok with Stevo, Bonar and LDU.

I was just thinking another preseason worth of fitness, let alone improvements from others helping him.

Doesnt matter , he is with us now, and it stops us going hmmm maybe we should have picked him instead of LDU, if LDU doesnt become a big hit.

Yeah Gun. When was the last player we had who could play midfield, play ‘ordinary’ and still kick 2 and be our most dangerous forward.

Different players obviously but does he have a bit of attacking Schimma about him? I was too young to see him at his best.

2017 Draft of LDU @ 4, Stepho @ 6 and Bonar @11 is an incredible result for us the way they are all tracking. LDU probably last of the bunch at this stage which is remarkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Gun. When was the last player we had who could play midfield, play ‘ordinary’ and still kick 2 and be our most dangerous forward.

Different players obviously but does he have a bit of attacking Schimma about him? I was too young to see him at his best.

2017 Draft of LDU @ 4, Stepho @ 6 and Bonar @11 is an incredible result for us the way they are all tracking. LDU probably last of the bunch at this stage which is remarkable.

I have loved what Bonar has put out this year but to suggest that his body of work is better than LDU's is crazy talk.

That interview has got me pumped. JS2 is that positive, it is infectious.

As tough as it would be playing in a 0-5 side, pretty clear that he’s enjoying his footy more then his last couple years at the Pies.

I remember them showing him sitting on the bench during a Pies game in the second half of last season and he looked despondent. He wasn't injured and the Pies were going okay, but he was despondent. He seems to be in a great state of mind now and is having a career-best season stats-wise as well.

200 plus games and 300 plus goals are my predictions for JS in the right coloured stripes.

How this bloke fell into our laps in exchange for a slab and a playboy mag will never cease to amaze. Cheers Pies :thumbsu:, EAD though.
The best part about this whole scenario, is that Pies fans have convinced themselves that he's apparently no good "hE dOeSn'T tAcKle" (Laid 7 in his first senior game for North, and is averaging a career high so far this season), rather than hold the List Management accountable for getting rid of a young gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back