We need to talk about Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

It's definitely overs but two worries would be

1. Us not winning enough or Dave slowing down
2. Fyfe - 1st or 2nd most voted player of all time, can't be good for your chances. Only time Neale got votes here was when he was injured.
Fyfe is definitely taking a back seat compared to previous years when it comes to getting votes. Gawn will have the same issue at Melb with Petracca and Oliver.

I suspect partly because the umpires, who are right up close see how much inside work he does. Which should also apply to Mundy.
With the current media cudos (and blond hair) Mundy should attract more notice from the umpires too.

I suspect partly because the umpires, who are right up close see how much inside work he does. Which should also apply to Mundy.

I’m expecting the following line at this years Brownlow, “ 3 votes, C Mayn....., oh Mundy, ........ shut up Ed !!!! “.

Still in my own mind, I’ve always rated Mundy above Neale. Dave is our player we go to when the red lights starts flashing. Cool in a crisis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure class, and by the smile, he enjoys doing it too. Couldn't love this bloke more as a great man for the club.
Points for the young fella's Smol Fyfe haircut too... what a champ!
yeah..probably only behind Pav and Fyfe for you guys on your all time list I would have thought....oh and Andy Mcleod if you had not kindly traded him to us!!:)

Mundy is in great form, if he wants another year I’m good with it. Hell he could win the Brownlow this year if his form holds. He is getting a lot of media love atm which helps.

I’d have him as a professional sub next year if he was worried about his body making it through. He can play anywhere. He can play as long as he likes. True club champions get that option. Sub rule May mean he could 3-5 more years.
Plus, he could still crack the 400 without literally breaking a sweat

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app

yeah..probably only behind Pav and Fyfe for you guys on your all time list I would have thought....oh and Andy Mcleod if you had not kindly traded him to us!!:)
Fair enough. I am enjoying the number of SA players we have in our side. It is obviously a decent training ground there. If only you could convince them to actually want to live there. :)

Sure, but like I said, the 2nd most voted on player in history (vpg). He's going to draw votes.

He is actually the highest average votes averaging over 1 per game is mental. https://afltables.com/afl/brownlow/totals0.html

the umpires just love him - mainly because he is polite and rarely argues. Its why Dustin Martin will only win 1 brownlow, he can't help himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back