PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
by the time a remaster of TLoU comes out the game will be 10+ years old. heaps of games have been remade sooner. Halo has been redone twice. Resident evil has been redone a few times too. Sony has even done Ratchet and Clank 2 times and a remake/reboot.

Ubisoft has done it a few times to make season passes look better by throwing in remasters of Assassins creed or far cry games. a remake of TLoU would be more like what ND would of wanted from the remaster but didnt have the time to do for a PS4 port.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Days Gone not getting a sequel is not surprising, it was buggy at launch and im guessing most of the sales was at discount prices.

Hopefully the remake gets canned as they're is zero demand for it and the original remaster still holds up good, it just a waste of resources.
Also wish ND were developing a new IP as Uncharted is kind of done.

THe Bloomberg article was mostly a hit piece, the only substance it had was Sony Bend losing their autonomy

It was the second highest seller of its launch month and sold 114k physical units in its first three days. It was number one in the UK for two weeks and one week in Japan. It actually outsold God of War in Japan, granted that's only one market but still. It was also Sony's biggest launch of 2019. After 5 months it was 6th on Sony's PS4 all time beat selling exclusive list. Financially the game was a huge success. Days Gone is one of those strange cases where sales don't reflect the scores. IMO it suffered from big review outlets grading subjectively (zombie genre and open world burn out for example) and a few bugs that were actually sorted out very quickly post launch with patches.

This is why it's not worth putting much weight into pre-launch reviews. I honestly don't even look at reviews anymore and haven't for a few years. I rely on promo stuff to see if the game interests me then I'll jump in blind and objectively. If I'm ever a little cautious I'll wait a few days for actual user reviews.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Budget was prob just as big of an issue with Bend. and with parts of the industry moving to either live services or a subscription model like EA and Gamepass we will see less big budget new IP AAA games

I do wonder if they are still working an the other game. we knew last year Days Gone 2 was dead when key people left and 2 new writers were hired for a new IP. Being used to help with Factions is hopefully a good thing since ive been waiting for that forever.

Its a double edged sword, you need to prove yourself as a studio to make big budget IPs, but its also hard to prove when working on smaller games. Which is also why more studios are 2 team studios. with quite a few working on multiplayer games including Naughty dog and Guerrilla games. because its hard to keep a studio afloat for 5+ years while making a game without a B team working on something to try and bring in money.

If Ghost of Tshuima failed Sucker Punch might be in the same situation or moved back to something like infamous. Bend was only given one chance after spending the PS3 gen as a PSP/Vita studio while helping support some others finish games.

Schreier did mention they were still working on their other game while those who split to ND are remaining there. The new project was a compromise to stop the rest of the studio departing.

Some of the reporting isn't painting Bend accurately though IMO. They aren't a small studio. Maybe they are in comparison to someone like ND but they still have around 150 employees and are the studio behind games like Syphon Filter (as Eidetic) so they aren't new either. 4 years developing a AAA game usually isn't a scandal when using their own engine but maybe a tad long when using something like UE4. If you've ever used UE4 it has a really robust workflow and set of tools that you could build just about anything with out of the box. As they were using UE4 they would have had people working on other projects with other studios regardless, this reporting just sounds like they were concerned about completely losing their identity to a bigger entity.

It has been a while between PS5 drops but apparently there will be one this week. So anyone still hunting then get ready

Press start Twitter alerts are on, and about 8 links to JB, EB, Good Guys etc are bookmarked on my phone.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
System Software Update coming tomorrow to allow external HDD storage.

Bloody awesome! And so early from the PS5 launch at only 5 months, which is a big plus. The PS4 got their own external HDD storage at around the 4 year mark.

A 5TB external HDD for around $150-200 is a better option than buying a 1TB SDD for $500. A 100GB game should only take around 10 minutes to transfer to and from the internal to external storage. Much needed feature.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Amazon drop just came and went.

I secured one, albeit through a friend who works at good guys.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Horizon Zero Dawn should hit the play at home freebie list tomorrow at some point. Looking forward to it as I missed it when it came out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought they fixed this s**t? Because I own the standard H:ZD I can't get the free complete edition.

PS_App_20210419_081854.jpeg

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
The Playstation UI and store have been terrible since the PS2. It's amazing how the PS5 has barely improved the user experience.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
HZD still showing $24.95 for me, wasn’t it meant to drop this morning?

Maybe I’ve converted the times incorrectly.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
HZD still showing $24.95 for me, wasn’t it meant to drop this morning?

Maybe I’ve converted the times incorrectly.

I have found that for the most part games from the PS Store will usually drop the next day in Australia. Maybe this afternoon but most likely tomorrow.

Back