Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

His Instagram

Really tells us nothing, could be a clean out or what have you

Not going to stop the Rory death riders from having a chop.

What actually do you mean.....death riders?

He hasn't played since Rd 19, 2018 and in his past 10 seasons with us, he's never managed to play a complete season. And it would appear, that he doesn't look like getting up for a game in 2021. At 30yrs of age, I think most well meaning Suns supporters would question his worth to our best 22 right now.

Notwithstanding his contribution to our Club in his 103 games from 2011-2018.

It's time for us to cut the cord and move him on.......if that makes me a "death rider", so be it....

Surely, we can't keep having 30yo's on our list who can't get on the field, even if they bleed red gold and blue..

What actually do you mean.....death riders?

He hasn't played since Rd 19, 2018 and in his past 10 seasons with us, he's never managed to play a complete season. And it would appear, that he doesn't look like getting up for a game in 2021. At 30yrs of age, I think most well meaning Suns supporters would question his worth to our best 22 right now.

Notwithstanding his contribution to our Club in his 103 games from 2011-2018.

It's time for us to cut the cord and move him on.......if that makes me a "death rider", so be it....

Surely, we can't keep having 30yo's on our list who can't get on the field, even if they bleed red gold and blue..
Rory at long long odds to ever play AFL again. No chance he meaningfully makes our team better. At this point he’s a mentor waiting out his contract. I’m not sure that Rory is the type to get into coaching once his contract is up.

it’s a crying shame as we desperately needed him on the field the last few years.

will go down as an inaugural sun and 100 game player which is no mean feat.

So injured players are now on a paid holiday? We got plenty.

It looks like Pescud also joined Towey on a fishing trip.
He is almost in his mid twenties and in his second year of his contract and no where near it unlike the other Irishmen in the comp like Keane of Collinguwood , have we become a charity

Think he is in reserves, noticed Towey isn't named again. Seems to be on a paid holiday
He is almost in his mid twenties and in his second year of his contract and no where near it unlike the other Irishmen in the comp like Keane of Collinguwood , have we become a charity
Mark Keane is in his 4th year on the list

Charlie and Lemmens a chance, Matt Rowell 8 weeks away

3rd I think, just turned 21. But I feel like we need to give Irish players extra time because they are coming from a different country/sport, they basically have to learn the game.
Would have preferred to keep Jesse Joyce as depth than go for a lotto ticket , again if we have an academy and nt access we should be concentrating on them. Think Southport sharks success last week may have shown that some may have fallen through the cracks

Would have preferred to keep Jesse Joyce as depth than go for a lotto ticket , again if we have an academy and nt access we should be concentrating on them. Think Southport sharks success last week may have shown that some may have fallen through the cracks
I did feel Joyce was a bit stiff to be delisted.

Towey and Ace are Cat B rookies, so are not taking the 'place' of anyone else (apart from other Cat B rookies).

This year we are allowed 2 cat B's in the list of 49.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie and Lemmens a chance, Matt Rowell 8 weeks away
So that takes it to 3 months, judging by past injuries and our form I’m not expecting to see him anytime soon

Towey and Ace are Cat B rookies, so are not taking the 'place' of anyone else (apart from other Cat B rookies).

This year we are allowed 2 cat B's in the list of 49.
If we were smart we would have used the category b on two academy players then loaded up with two proper footballers in the draft on the rookie list, that's how you build depth and get off the bottom but then the Bulletin wouldn't have a hook in their articles.

Has anyone heard anything about Elijah Hollands recently? Sore him at the open training earlier this month and seemed to be moving well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back