Player Watch Finlay Macrae

But hopefully he can get his kicking efficiency to somewhere near that level
I’m sure he can manage to bang it long down the line to a contest enough to get those numbers up. Would prefer he leaves the leaf in Magens book and continues to back his own skill and judgement to hit real targets though.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Agree to some extent but lots of positive signs to get excited about. Even started in the square on a couple of occasions so they were definitely putting him through his paces.
Was a decent debut. Kicking and turnovers were an issue though. Hopefully that was just debut nerves.Seemed a bit one paced too.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was a decent debut. Kicking and turnovers were an issue though. Hopefully that was just debut nerves.Seemed a bit one paced too.

So is Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Tom Mitchell, Josh Kennedy, Selwood among others- To me thats a non issue

We need him to find the pill and look good in congestion, he did both of those. Turnovers can be ironed out. I was trawling youtube this morn to find Pendleburys debut. Wanted to see a comparison to composure. As Fin looks extremely comfortable.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
So is Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Tom Mitchell, Josh Kennedy, Selwood among others- To me thats a non issue

We need him to find the pill and look good in congestion, he did both of those. Turnovers can be ironed out. I was trawling youtube this morn to find Pendleburys debut. Wanted to see a comparison to composure. As Fin looks extremely comfortable.
Only an issue because our midfield is already completely one paced.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was a decent debut. Kicking and turnovers were an issue though. Hopefully that was just debut nerves. Seemed a bit one paced too.

So a lot like his brother then....

He’ll eventually be taking over from Pendlebury and Sidebottom, so pace, while it would’ve been nice, is not mandatory.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
But hopefully he can get his kicking efficiency to somewhere near that level

The guy that had a worse disposal efficiency, less score involvements, less metres gained and the same amount of turnovers on the night? I think we can set the bar a little higher than that...

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Wot rules? Playing boofhead songs by the likes of Angry Anderson? Are they meant to be...stimulating?

well the club theme songs aren't so cool.... there's a certain tradition to be maintained here. Songs by Rose Tattoo, Hunters, Paul Kelly etc provide the soundtrack.... not some guy talking about how great he is or what he's going to do to his girlfriend or all the other crap topics that appear in rap songs. If you want to make a clip of basketball, by all means use the usa soundtrack.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
The guy that had a worse disposal efficiency, less score involvements, less metres gained and the same amount of turnovers on the night? I think we can set the bar a little higher than that...

Macrae kicking efficiency - 44%; Madgen kicking efficiency - 50%

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Wot rules? Playing boofhead songs by the likes of Angry Anderson? Are they meant to be...stimulating?
Omg I can't believe you are disrespecting Angry Andersen. His Batmobile performance of bound for glory is literally the musical soul of our football club. That and "everybody wants to work, no no not me" by the uncanny X-Men.

Omg I can't believe you are disrespecting Angry Andersen. His Batmobile performance of bound for glory is literally the musical soul of our football club. That and "everybody wants to work, no no not me" by the uncanny X-Men.

Yep.:D

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Hmmmm, Angry not so much, but Rose Tattoo were a great live band which also gave us Peter Wells, one of the best Australian slide guitarists of all time.

I think having a Meat Loaf soundtrack would be far better!

He’ll eventually be taking over from Pendlebury and Sidebottom, so pace, while it would’ve been nice, is not mandatory.
In addition to that, Reef has pace to burn, which should become evident when his tank improves, and Poulter seems to have some wheels on him too, while Nick Daicos has looked pretty quick in the NAB league this year. From a future midfield make up perspective, I think we’re actually looking pretty good for speed. That doesn’t help us short term unfortunately.

In addition to that, Reef has pace to burn, which should become evident when his tank improves, and Poulter seems to have some wheels on him too, while Nick Daicos has looked pretty quick in the NAB league this year. From a future midfield make up perspective, I think we’re actually looking pretty good for speed. That doesn’t help us short term unfortunately.
The word is that Nick is noticeably quicker than Josh.

I just really want to get the building blocks in place first, so that Nick can come in as Alan Didak rather than having to be Nathan Buckley (the player).

Back