Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
Him and that Dodo at Essendon. Sincere thanks to you both.
I can somewhat understand SOS at Carlton and him being a favourite son. Though it is funny how the Carlton supporters give SOS a free pass as far as responsibility goes and just blame how the players were developed.

However, I don't understand at all how Dodo has lasted as long as he has. Pretty much been there for 20 years and they have been mediocre at best.

CatMan is retiring the CatMan persona

post your favourite CatMan gifs to celebrate all he has given to the game

i'll go first

Last edited:

Siberian Taiga

победа
Apr 19, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
You're right, but it's that ego that also drives competitiveness on the field which is what interests me most. KB did play 100 games more that Francis. Bourke too was a favourite of mine, as was Hart, Sheedy, Clay, Barrott, Green, I can go on - F I loved them all!!

You're also right about GR. That ruthlessness which did prove successful at the time was equally, or more so the cause of the club nearly folding. Not only did we "Eat 'em alive", we also ate our own which was very poor management.
True, unfortunately. The seeds of failure are often sown with the seeds that lead to success.

Take Carlton's approach which lead to their last successful period. It immediately preceded the pain that followed and is not unimplicated in that failure.

Things have a habit of catching up with you.

Have to admire the dedication to dress up like that rain hail or shine. Unique characters are what makes this game great. The 2017 QF melt was probably the best moment haha
Yeah 100%, and he’s quitting cos of online bullying
I can’t stand social media, it’s so toxic and shallow
Makes me so angry this s**t

Exactly fine line between taking the piss out of his melts as they’re so animated and actually bullying him for his choices. You have to respect his passion
Exactly, so we want no characters at all anymore? Does everything have to be PC now or you’re a loser?
Give me a *en spell world, grow up and don’t be campaigners!
It’s that simple

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah 100%, and he’s quitting cos of online bullying
I can’t stand social media, it’s so toxic and shallow
Makes me so angry this sh*t
It's sad if on-line bullying made him quit. While I made fun on these forums of his melt during our QF, I never had issue with him dressing up for the occasion. In fact I think it was good that he brought a bit entertainment within the stands to the game.

It's sad if on-line bullying made him quit. While I made fun on these forums of his melt during our QF, I never had issue with him dressing up for the occasion. In fact I think it was good that he brought a bit entertainment within the stands to the game.
100%
I reckon we should start a petition to help him feel good
I want characters like him in our game, no one should be personally attacked for the way they support their club
It’s a disgrace

pies and bummers totally wont clash on sunday

View attachment 1107178
View attachment 1107179

AFL guy who signed off on this thinking it wouldn't clash -

40B28125-2092-46CA-9971-C29968C7BCE8.gif

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
100%
I want characters like him in our game, no one should be personally attacked for the way they support their club
It’s a disgrace

Some people will bully anyone who is a bit different unfortunately.

Some people will bully anyone who is a bit different unfortunately.
Yeah well bully me instead, I’m different... who the * wants to be ‘normal’ anyway? I sure don’t

this is pissing me off, going for a joint

CatMan is retiring the CatMan persona

post your favourite CatMan gifs to celebrate all he has given to the game

i'll go first

Who will get to carry all the Geelong handbags now that the catman has retired ?

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
100%
It’s a disgrace
Spot on , I like catman, I'll be dissapointed if he stops it, gives positive energy to footy by dressing up, fmd some people are ****ed, I love characters
That are passionate even if it's not our club
God there is some miserable campaigners out there.

STRUGGLETOWN EST1885

The reward is in the grind
Jun 28, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Umpiring or lack of it has been in the spotlight a lot lately. Here's a damning stat. In the last 4 years of our dominance we have been on the bottom for 3 out of those 4 years for the free kick differential. We have done it the hard way with our success. Anytime I hear an oppo supporter have a crack at us and I bring up this stat they go silent very quickly !! 😏

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Umpiring or lack of it has been in the spotlight a lot lately. Here's a damning stat. In the last 4 years of our dominance we have been on the bottom for 3 out of those 4 years for the free kick differential. We have done it the hard way with our success. Anytime I hear an oppo supporter have a crack at us and I bring up this stat they go silent very quickly !! 😏
“PlAy On Da EdGe!!!1!”

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I can somewhat understand SOS at Carlton and him being a favourite son. Though it is funny how the Carlton supporters give SOS a free pass as far as responsibility goes and just blame how the players were developed.

However, I don't understand at all how Dodo has lasted as long as he has. Pretty much been there for 20 years and they have been mediocre at best.
He knows where the spreadsheet is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back