The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood Mou joining Spurs. He is totally against the "to dare is to do" ethos of the club. He's no longer a winner and had a record of blowing clubs up / getting sacked.
He had won everywhere else. We sold our soul for a Carabao Cup or Europa Cup Final. The 58 games we endured were mainly painful to watch but a cup was what he was brought in to bring. The league is worth over half of what you have to watch so playing just for cups in a negative way isn't sustainable. Even if he won us the final somehow on Sunday is it worth the 100 odd hours I've watched the last 8 months? A league cup hmm prob not

I never understood Mou joining Spurs. He is totally against the "to dare is to do" ethos of the club. He's no longer a winner and had a record of blowing clubs up / getting sacked.
Yet fun fact, during the time of his reign we were 4th for points won. Behind both Manchester's and Liverpool.
So he wasn't as abject as made out.

He lost the dressing room.

Yet fun fact, during the time of his reign we were 4th for points won. Behind both Manchester's and Liverpool.

the time was limited. Always is with Mou.
Year 1 -> players learn
Year 2 -> club wins something
Year 3 -> wheels come off.

We missed the middle part

Spurs have always wanted to be a club that plays with style. Totally at odds with Mourinho.

Yep Mourinho at Spurs never made sense to me, just a very different fit. And giving him 3 years was a ridiculous decision, which from afar is very amusing to watch it all implode again. However it’s little wonder the Spurs fan base is so incensed/divided by it.

Spurs have always wanted to be a club that plays with style. Totally at odds with Mourinho.
I have never agreed with that mandate. Seems so high and mighty. We should worry about winning something no matter how.

Anyway good luck to Ryan. The PL’s youngest ever manager.

I actually thought Mou was the perfect manger to end their trophy drought. Even in his return to Chelsea he won the title and picked up a Europa triumph with United so he still had the capability to do it.

Also thought it may have helped him that there are not as many egos at Spurs to contend with. However it's obvious he hasn't adapted his man management and tactics to today's requirments. You can't outcast players and blame the ones you continue to select. No longer can he harness a group that will run through a wall for him.

Don't think any big clubs will touch him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder about Eddie Howe here also, reckon he goes all out to try and get the job, but don't think he will.

Would they go all out for Brendan Rodgers?
Howe would be terrible. Anyone who could allow his club to spend what they did on Solanke and Ibe is a no for me. That's worse than what Baldini did with Paulinho and Soldado!

Yes to Rodgers but Leicester won't allow it I'd say

Tottenham Hotspur next manager odds
  • Julian Nagelsmann - 7/2
  • Jurgen Klinsmann - 7/2
  • Brendan Rodgers - 5/1
  • Ledley King - 9/1
  • Massimiliano Allegri - 10/1
  • Steven Gerrard - 12/1
  • Scott Parker - 12/1
  • Rafa Benitez - 14/1
  • Nuno Espirito Santo - 14/1
  • Gareth Southgate - 16/1
  • Maurizio Sarri - 16/1
  • Diego Simeone - 20/1
  • Graham Potter - 20/1
  • Roberto Martinez - 20/1
Considering Nagelsmann would be smarter to stay at Leipzig than come to us, Rodgers will cost too much in compensation.... Welcome Stevie G as our next manager I suppose. Seriously who puts money on Klinsmann and King to be that short? Allegri far too big for us so why would he come. Simeone after Jose wouldn't work well. Really is a depressing list

Two that aren't getting enough traction are Dean Smith & Bielsa. The ESL announcement ruins our chances with Bielsa but that would have been a great get. Contract is up in the summer too.

Two that aren't getting enough traction are Dean Smith & Bielsa. The ESL announcement ruins our chances with Bielsa but that would have been a great get. Contract is up in the summer too.

Would have been a terrible get. There's a reason he doesn't work out at bigger clubs.

Also hasn't he committed to two more years at Leeds?

Dean Smith would also be a bizarre one, wasn't long ago Villa fans wanted him sacked until the owners poured in a bunch of money on signings and Grealish hit form. A faulty hawkeye call away from relegation last season.

Would have been a terrible get. There's a reason he doesn't work out at bigger clubs.

Also hasn't he committed to two more years at Leeds?

Dean Smith would also be a bizarre one, wasn't long ago Villa fans wanted him sacked until the owners poured in a bunch of money on signings and Grealish hit form. A faulty hawkeye call away from relegation last season.
Smith has shown with better players what he can do. Last year's villa squad was horrendous and he improved them. We are horrendous for what we could be so he could do a job to improve us.

Bielsa at a very top club wouldn't work but in England with a fallen giant he has shown he can bring his football in and get great results. Don't see why he couldn't do the same with a slightly better base group of players.

Smith has shown with better players what he can do. Last year's villa squad was horrendous and he improved them. We are horrendous for what we could be so he could do a job to improve us.

Bielsa at a very top club wouldn't work but in England with a fallen giant he has shown he can bring his football in and get great results. Don't see why he couldn't do the same with a slightly better base group of players.

Has he? Have they really been that good without Grealish in the side?

Probably because the commitment and tactics would probably result in a lot of players being put offside..

Also not saying Dean Smith is who I'd be happy with getting. But he'd be ahead or at least on par with bloody Klinsmann, Martinez and Rafa

The Athletic article saying how much Jose had lost the dressing room and Kane was the only one still supporting him said it all really.

Wonder if Bayern Munich try to lock in Nagelsman before the end of the next week.

If they can't get him, I'm going to go with either Potter or Parker as the replacement if they go domestic...

Would cost a lot to pry Potter away from us.

Has he? Have they really been that good without Grealish in the side?

Probably because the commitment and tactics would probably result in a lot of players being put offside..
These are the same players largely who bought into the commitment and working like dogs in training so they would get results come gameday under one of his proteges.

Villa are a chance to go level with us and in the top half if they win their games in hand. He is use to coaching a one man team so he will fit in nicely with us.

Would cost a lot to pry Potter away from us.
Is Potter actually that good would be my worry? 33 goals in 32 games whilst having a lot of the ball doesn't scream out to me "I am ready for a top 6 job"

Is it solely down to STs not being good enough? Or is it tactically him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back