Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Long seems to have two gears at the moment - Ineffective, and Loose Cannon.

It's really quite sad, as he's got so many tools which should give him the ability to play great footy, but for whatever reason he's skipping that middle gear of "Playing to his potential".

I think we really need Paddy back to steady the ship - Richmond had 6 or 7 players more experienced than our most experienced last weekend (which was Hill on 173 games), and I think that's still a huge part of our problem - we lack the steady old head, and are relying on a player who is completely out of form to pull us out of a hole.
It's frustrating how quickly his form has dropped off.

His rd1 game against GWS was one of his best but he looks like a completely different player a month later.

Didn't receive a single PM, mustn't be that big of a deal after all :D
Maybe that's because you have come across in most of this thread sounding like an apologist for the club and saying things like it's virtually impossible for the club to respond to grievances. You have not exactly made it sound likely that the club would or should respond.
As stated previously, I also sent an email to the club after the Richmond game. My email was not related to the teams' performance, it was regarding the seating and ticketing arrangements in place under COVID restrictions. I initially received an automated response saying that the my email would be processed in due course. That did not fill me with confidence and in the light of the response that Joffaboy got, I was not expecting much. However, yesterday, I received a personal call from someone at the club at a management level (not the trainee receptionist). I won't say names or positions because it was just that - a personal and private call. What I can say is that the person was a very professional, courteous and informative individual who addressed my issues to my satisfaction. I was left with a far more positive feeling around the administration of the club and for the future of the club.

Maybe that's because you have come across in most of this thread sounding like an apologist for the club and saying things like it's virtually impossible for the club to respond to grievances. You have not exactly made it sound likely that the club would or should respond.
As stated previously, I also sent an email to the club after the Richmond game. My email was not related to the teams' performance, it was regarding the seating and ticketing arrangements in place under COVID restrictions. I initially received an automated response saying that the my email would be processed in due course. That did not fill me with confidence and in the light of the response that Joffaboy got, I was not expecting much. However, yesterday, I received a personal call from someone at the club at a management level (not the trainee receptionist). I won't say names or positions because it was just that - a personal and private call. What I can say is that the person was a very professional, courteous and informative individual who addressed my issues to my satisfaction. I was left with a far more positive feeling around the administration of the club and for the future of the club.
Hmm so they can follow up. Maybe when I don't renew. Lol

It's frustrating how quickly his form has dropped off.

His rd1 game against GWS was one of his best but he looks like a completely different player a month later.

The worst of it is he seems to snap at the worst possible moments - giving away a reckless free in our attacking 50 is one thing, but dumping a player 35 out in the opposition's attacking zone might as well just hand them a goal.

Be on the edge, sure ... that's when he plays his best footy, but he's simply got to get that out of his game, or he is a liability in defence.

The worst of it is he seems to snap at the worst possible moments - giving away a reckless free in our attacking 50 is one thing, but dumping a player 35 out in the opposition's attacking zone might as well just hand them a goal.

Be on the edge, sure ... that's when he plays his best footy, but he's simply got to get that out of his game, or he is a liability in defence.
It is close to a weekly occurrence as well so he doesn't seem to be learning from it.

And with our lack of options down there at the moment, we haven't really been able to drop him to get that point across.

This has been done to death. All I was doing was using a bit of common sense. The club shouldn't respond and you should not expect in future that every email is responded to in the same manner yours was. It is impractical and illogical to expect it. That's all. Lets move on.

Posting this here as George closed off the Autopsy thread where this discussion was taking place, after describing my expectations of the club as impractical and illogical and before I could respond. I don't think that was fair as I was sharing information that may be of interest to others.
I feel it is valid to post it here as my email to the club related to seating and ticketing arrangements for members. Correct me if I am mistaken.

George stated
"This has been done to death. All I was doing was using a bit of common sense. The club shouldn't respond and you should not expect in future that every email is responded to in the same manner yours was. It is impractical and illogical to expect it. That's all. Lets move on."

I disagree that it is impractical and illogical to expect a response such as I got. A well run, customer focused business has processes and systems in place to triage all incoming customer communications. That triage process assigns a priority level to each communication/ticket. They are then worked through in order of priority. Low priority tickets can usually be addressed with a low level response with minimal effort such as a form letter. Higher priority issues receive a higher level response such as the one I got. Tickets get assigned to a customer. So vexatious complainers can be easily identified as such and dealt with accordingly while genuine grievances from valued customers can also be identified and dealt with accordingly.
The club has clearly demonstrated that they can and will respond in an appropriate manner. Assuming that Joffaboy is not a vexatious complainer, and given his years of being a loyal, valuable customer, this suggests that the response he received was an oversight.
Happy to move on now.

processes and systems in place to triage all incoming customer communications. That triage process assigns a priority level to each communication/ticket. They are then worked through in order of priority. Low priority tickets can usually be addressed with a low level response with minimal effort such as a form letter. Higher priority issues receive a higher level response such as the one I got. Tickets get assigned to a customer. So vexatious complainers can be easily identified as such and dealt with accordingly while genuine grievances from valued customers can also be identified and dealt with accordingly.
The club has clearly demonstrated that they can and will respond in an appropriate manner. Assuming that Joffaboy is not a vexatious complainer, and given his years of being a loyal, valuable customer, this suggests that the response he received was an oversight.
Happy to move on now.
I closed the thread for a reason. That discussion lasted days, there were requests to close it off, so I did. Please do not pollute other threads on this board.

The club does not have a way to appropriately manage this as they are understaffed but beyond that there is no functionality that an email sent to info@saints is picked up by the backend of a CRM system talking to MS Outlook. This is evidenced by the history of personalised e-mails sent from the club over a number of seasons and the evidence is clear in the response Joffa received. Football clubs do not have a capability to respond adequately to hundreds of emails and the context of the email in question proves that point. Expecting anything more than what I have explained is impractical.

Any future posts regarding this will be removed. I have offered to pass feedback onto the club, have received 1 response. If you want to PM me with your concerns, then do it.

Edit - I have moved the last two posts from the membership thread to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back