• Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

Mitch Wallis is on the outer. I would like to take a look at him. Good goal kicker/pressure player but his best role is as a inside mid. He could rotate between forward and mid with wingard.

Was just named their vice captain. Even if he permanently plays reserves I reckon there would be a 1% chance he would want to leave.

Pretty sure Hawthorn were looking at picking him up when he crossed over from Brisbane a few years ago. Ultimately decided against it due to a belief his desire would be a liability.
I think we were interested if the price was right. Worth a shot but coming home hasn’t helped him so looks like being a bust.

What about Sam Petrevski-Seton?

Out of contract, being played out of position, is only 23 and would be our best kick if played in the midfield. Good delivery inside 50 and his trade value wouldn’t be sky high you’d think due to Carlton insisting on playing him as a defender

If played on the ball and as a high half forward i reckon he’d add a lot of class
Yep he may never live up to the hype he was drafted at but he is a clever player and has class, being played out of position and i would be definitely interested.

Wouldn't be surprised if he would be open to leaving for more opportunity.

Mitch Wallis is on the outer. I would like to take a look at him. Good goal kicker/pressure player but his best role is as a inside mid. He could rotate between forward and mid with wingard.
You want more youth but now suggesting will recruit a 29 year old?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want more youth but now suggesting will recruit a 29 year old?
Show me when I have ever said I want more youth in the team lol. I want performing players from the reserves (which happen to be the youth) in for blokes like nash O’Brien howe

Merrett still a bit keen on us but other clubs have thrown large $$$$ at him .
Might be missing out on that one .

I reckon we dodged bullets not paying millions for free agents the past few years, if indeed we were chasing those rumors but they chose elsewhere or stayed instead, because it wouldn't have helped the overall picture of where our list is at, indeed it would have obscured the picture more.

I don't actually see a free agent helping us now either - grab kids, sort it out with some more Day's etc - then let the free agents come to us, not the other way around, when we are set up for the long haul, not a quick attempt. We are where we are because of exactly this.

Daniel Rioli is an embarrassment to the Rioli name

Zac Merritt - just pay the farrrrkiiinng price & be done with

So we will just keep overpaying the ordinary players on our bottom 4 list to meet the minimum salary cap. Sigh.
Stupidest thing. Pay a super star the $ and get significantly better nope let’s overpay blokes that will be delisted in a year or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back