News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne with Ben Brown should be interesting. He looks like he should be ideal for this years game style.
Agreed. If they can keep full strength they will go far this year.

That’s the key though isn’t it. Last year we had an exception run with injuries
This year we’ve got broken legs, hammy’s twanging and mental stress. Plus we’ve grabbed top ups that are very very ordinary
To be fair that’s what tip ups usually are. We didn’t get Macca and Hunter and wood to get us into finals - they’re there in case we need them. Once the injuries heal we won’t need them either.

Lethers is leaving. I sent him an email asking if he is really going to the cats and begging him not to and his PA responded:

Dear dude,

GAGF

Sincerely,

Ken Ynokitov
Personal Assistant for Mr Simon Lethlean
Geelong St Kilda Football Club

To be fair that’s what tip ups usually are. We didn’t get Macca and Hunter and wood to get us into finals - they’re there in case we need them. Once the injuries heal we won’t need them either.
Yep I don't think that anyone really ever dreamed we'd need them altogether and ll at once! Outrageous luck!:'(

Lethers is leaving. I sent him an email asking if he is really going to the cats and begging him not to and his PA responded:

Dear dude,

GAGF

Sincerely,

Ken Ynokitov
Personal Assistant for Mr Simon Lethlean
Geelong St Kilda Football Club

the pain aside Joffaboy you have provided this board with an endless meme

That’s the key though isn’t it. Last year we had an exception run with injuries
This year we’ve got broken legs, hammy’s twanging and mental stress. Plus we’ve grabbed top ups that are very very ordinary

Bombers, Sydney and Melbourne had injuries last year. It's amazing how few Richmond seem to get. Even this week Carlton are injured worse than us but their fans are going more mental than us when they lost to a flag favourite.

Bombers, Sydney and Melbourne had injuries last year. It's amazing how few Richmond seem to get. Even this week Carlton are injured worse than us but their fans are going more mental than us when they lost to a flag favourite.
Because they had a massive test and they failed it. They wanted to prove that they were a contender this year and played pathetic. That was more like a ten goal win by Port. I was there and they were absolutely listless when going forward. Just nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've accused David King of being a moron multiple times in the past, and this is what hurts the most; he has us absolutely bang to rights. Yes, as Joey says we're trying to get the Richmond thing going but King is right, until we nail the basic part, all the rest is just going to make us look like fools.

If a moron like King can see what's going on, how damning that the coach and players even let that happen. That should just not happen.

As great as Dan Butler looks when the plan works, I think more than anyone in our team he is a player that we use for this particular strategy and when it stops working, his worth to the team dramatically decreases. Lonie and Dunstan were the other 2 in that clip. I am a big fan of Lonie personally, I've seen him roll up his sleeves and tackle and play his part with 1%ers, so if we had to drop one of the 3 small forwards, based on the fact that Higgins can rotate through the middle too, Butler would be the guy that I'd take out, temporarily.

To me the issue isn’t the running forward of the play it’s what happens if we don’t win the ball. We get exposed defensively for too easily. Compare that to Richmond when they turn the ball over in our forward 50 which is prime scoring position, somehow they’ve still got us outnumbered and nothing comes from our forward half turnover. Our gameplan is far too reliant on what happens when we have the ball than when we don’t and that’s not a premiership formula.

Since when are Richmond not premiership favourites?

i meant one of them. I think you’d be crazy to bet against them but Port and the Dogs should be up there too. Melbourne not far off either.

Question - what exactly is “The Roar”? Is it a legitimate media outlet or a glorified version of bigfooty.

there’s an article on there that feels like it’s written by a disgruntled Carlton supporter on bigfooty saying we should move to Tassie.

I've accused David King of being a moron multiple times in the past, and this is what hurts the most; he has us absolutely bang to rights. Yes, as Joey says we're trying to get the Richmond thing going but King is right, until we nail the basic part, all the rest is just going to make us look like fools.

If a moron like King can see what's going on, how damning that the coach and players even let that happen. That should just not happen.

As great as Dan Butler looks when the plan works, I think more than anyone in our team he is a player that we use for this particular strategy and when it stops working, his worth to the team dramatically decreases. Lonie and Dunstan were the other 2 in that clip. I am a big fan of Lonie personally, I've seen him roll up his sleeves and tackle and play his part with 1%ers, so if we had to drop one of the 3 small forwards, based on the fact that Higgins can rotate through the middle too, Butler would be the guy that I'd take out, temporarily.

I agree , however i'd like to correct the narrative.
------------------
The Saints have traded out of the first round of the past two drafts, instead bringing in players from rival clubs like Bradley Hill, Dougal Howard, Zak Jones, Paddy Ryder, Brad Crouch and Jack Higgins.
------------------
Correction : The Saints used their 2019 first round pick as part of the deals for Hill and Howard. ( I'm very happy with getting Howard ).
The Saints used a first round pick in 2020 to recruit Matthew Allison. Therefore it cannot be stated that we traded out of the first round.
Perhaps that was wishful thinking from Adelaide supporters, since Crouch did NOT cost us any draft picks.

--------------------

If you get a good draftee, you might get 10 years footy from him.
At 24 we might only get 6 years from Howard. ( counting last year ).
At 26 we might only get 4 years from Hill.

That's what we've given up.
Serong could end up being a star , and is what we potentially gave up for Hill and Howard. I'm happy , in that players like Howard are not so easy to come by.

Question - what exactly is “The Roar”? Is it a legitimate media outlet or a glorified version of bigfooty.

there’s an article on there that feels like it’s written by a disgruntled Carlton supporter on bigfooty saying we should move to Tassie.
Nah, it's not a legitimate news site. More a fan page where people can post long form articles.

They got a lot of backlash after someone posted an article bagging the entire existence of North a few weeks ago.

Not even close, most of the articles on there are absolute one sided, unreasearched trash. They had a good thing going early on with some niche sports like surfing and esports but that fell away to the same standard as the mainstream sports. Jumped off it years ago, spare your own mental health Dude and stay away.

I agree , however i'd like to correct the narrative.
------------------
The Saints have traded out of the first round of the past two drafts, instead bringing in players from rival clubs like Bradley Hill, Dougal Howard, Zak Jones, Paddy Ryder, Brad Crouch and Jack Higgins.
------------------
Correction : The Saints used their 2019 first round pick as part of the deals for Hill and Howard. ( I'm very happy with getting Howard ).
The Saints used a first round pick in 2020 to recruit Matthew Allison. Therefore it cannot be stated that we traded out of the first round.
Perhaps that was wishful thinking from Adelaide supporters, since Crouch did NOT cost us any draft picks.

--------------------

If you get a good draftee, you might get 10 years footy from him.
At 24 we might only get 6 years from Howard. ( counting last year ).
At 26 we might only get 4 years from Hill.

That's what we've given up.
Serong could end up being a star , and is what we potentially gave up for Hill and Howard. I'm happy , in that players like Howard are not so easy to come by.

If Serong turns out to be a champion and we don't get much more out of our guys than we have now there will be serious melts though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back