List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dont really get Sam Mclure's criticism of Oliver saying he was never going to leave. Clarry meeting with David Teague last year is evidence of nothing, only that he was willing to play the game to bump up his price.

Judd met with melbourne when he moved back east but was he ever a snowballs chance of coming to the dees? Hell no. He's just a businessman extracting the best price.

It was just business, 'Scoop' and carlton got played. Nothing personal.
At the end of the day AFL is just a job for these players and it's only for 10 years if you have a decent career. So why wouldn't Oliver have a chat to at least see what they're offering . Doesn't mean he wanted to leave. At the end of the day he has resigned so who cares. This was all only started because McClure said he didn't look happy at the bnf yeah?

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
We need an upgrade on Tommo badly. I liked him on the wing, not so much in defense. He has that Lever issue where he's actually composed enough to break a tackle, but then just butchers it coming out of defense sometimes, tho mostly in tough situations in the first place I guess where there isn't a great option. Don't mind the contract that much because he looked like a quality wing when he played there and who could've guessed it would be Gus of all players, the man who couldn't reach 50% TOG or whatever the last 3 years, being that quality second winger next to Lingers.

Otherwise don't think there's anything super pressing. Dees probably won't ever trade Vines but I'd be pro-trade Vines if it could re-balance our list a bit and help us add either a quality general defender type(JKolo type) since Hibbo and Nev are on the decline(think both are a bit underrated in saying that though) and Hore/Lever is never working. More likely is we trade Sparrow for chips and we continue the Dees tradition of letting capable AFL players go for absolute nothing.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
We need an upgrade on Tommo badly. I liked him on the wing, not so much in defense. He has that Lever issue where he's actually composed enough to break a tackle, but then just butchers it coming out of defense sometimes, tho mostly in tough situations in the first place I guess where there isn't a great option. Don't mind the contract that much because he looked like a quality wing when he played there and who could've guessed it would be Gus of all players, the man who couldn't reach 50% TOG or whatever the last 3 years, being that quality second winger next to Lingers.

Otherwise don't think there's anything super pressing. Dees probably won't ever trade Vines but I'd be pro-trade Vines if it could re-balance our list a bit and help us add either a quality general defender type(JKolo type) since Hibbo and Nev are on the decline(think both are a bit underrated in saying that though) and Hore/Lever is never working. More likely is we trade Sparrow for chips and we continue the Dees tradition of letting capable AFL players go for absolute nothing.

Weird post. Viney clearly won’t be traded barring an unforeseen relationship breakdown between club/player and Tomlinson has been fine this year.

Weird on Tommo, was great with May and struggled a bit today when asked to do more but has only been in the system maybe 8-10 games total.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Weird post. Viney clearly won’t be traded barring an unforeseen relationship breakdown between club/player and Tomlinson has been fine this year.
Tommo's not a contender-level second tall defender IMO, shuts off a bit too much. Frost was better today at basic defensive fundamentals and we know how rogue he can get with his positioning.

Vines won't be traded, but do you not think our list is too top-heavy in the midfield? Vines isn't even an A grade mid either he's still got awful tunnel vision(missed a few good windows for release handballs out of the stoppage, he's just quick and dynamic enough where he doesn't normally get done for HTB but its still bad footy); trading him opens up minutes inside for Harmes, Jordon and Sparrow. Vines would also have the highest trade value out of all 4 mentioned.

Tommo's not a contender-level second tall defender IMO, shuts off a bit too much. Frost was better today at basic defensive fundamentals and we know how rogue he can get with his positioning.

Vines won't be traded, but do you not think our list is too top-heavy in the midfield? Vines isn't even an A grade mid either he's still got awful tunnel vision(missed a few good windows for release handballs out of the stoppage, he's just quick and dynamic enough where he doesn't normally get done for HTB but its still bad footy); trading him opens up minutes inside for Harmes, Jordon and Sparrow. Vines would also have the highest trade value out of all 4 mentioned.
Viney literally just signed a new deal after a big offer from Geelong.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Weird on Tommo, was great with May and struggled a bit today when asked to do more but has only been in the system maybe 8-10 games total.
He's played key back for GWS before how is he making basic fundamentals mistakes like he did tonight with some sloppy positioning, by the way if he's 10 metres behind on a lead and he makes up for it with closing speed that's a bad kick by the oppo + bad initial positioning by Tommo. He just doesn't have the positional discipline to play key back at a contender level even if in straight 1 on 1s he's good and he's athletic. He was great on Tomahawk last week because it more tested his 1 on 1 strength and somehow he actually bodied Tomahawk up well a few times, but this week he got caught out for bad positioning a lot of times.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tomlinson played key back for GWS when they were contenders.
Exactly. How the * is he so hopeless at staying engaged with his direct man.

Also the year GWS actually made the Granny Sam Taylor was their 2nd tall defender.

Are you ok? Just because not every player on the team is a superstar doesn't mean the list is bad. Tommo is filling a role and doing really well. I don't think anybody can complain about how our defence is going. We're 2nd for points against, only behind the dogs. Our defence is really the key to our success and they've all been really good so far.

Exactly. How the fu** is he so hopeless at staying engaged with his direct man.

Also the year GWS actually made the Granny Sam Taylor was their 2nd tall defender.
They made the prelim quite a few times. He's also not generally that bad at it. He had an off day today, when he was first defender.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Strange strange post.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
I think we have 2 positions to be filled in the MSD, am I correct?

If so who are we selecting?

Another question, if we do have picks in the MSD can we use them on our NGAs, like R K3 or a Mac Andrew? Bit confused here.

I mean whats the deal with NGAs? Can they be picked up in the MSD or is the mechanism of picking them up solely/exclusively for the National Draft?

I think we have 2 positions to be filled in the MSD, am I correct?

If so who are we selecting?

Another question, if we do have picks in the MSD can we use them on our NGAs, like R K3 or a Mac Andrew? Bit confused here.

I mean whats the deal with NGAs? Can they be picked up in the MSD or is the mechanism of picking them up solely/exclusively for the National Draft?
No re NGA - they are draft-eligible players.

Dont really get Sam Mclure's criticism of Oliver saying he was never going to leave. Clarry meeting with David Teague last year is evidence of nothing, only that he was willing to play the game to bump up his price.

Judd met with melbourne when he moved back east but was he ever a snowballs chance of coming to the dees? Hell no. He's just a businessman extracting the best price.

It was just business, 'Scoop' and carlton got played. Nothing personal.
McClure is a twat

That we can all agree

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don't think we need to use the MSD, certainly don't think we need to aggressively pursue any top trade targets. In fact, we could probably skip the National, Rookie & Pre-Season drafts for a couple of years too.

We have 22 jets in the team incl. Jordon the goat, BBB, Weid, Fritta, May & Harmes to return, and Goat #s 2 & 3 Chandler & Bedford to come. PLUS Sparrow. Plus MAGIC MAJAK. Did I mention Aaron Vandenberg? Good enough for the Swans on a three year deal, not good enough for our 22. And I love Lockhart. Like genuine man crush areas. He'll back.

Sauce Baker, Nifty Neville, our three draftees who haven't played yet (Rosman, Laurie & Bowey) and therefore have not let us down in an MFC jumper, even once. NEVER. Deakyn Smith exciting a few people too.

When Joel Smith gets fit, he's an automatic in, surely.

Hore & Nieta to come back refreshed after time with REHAB KING BURGESS (and his staff).

Bradtke - well our team is good enough to hide 1 passenger.

We could take Mitch White MSD if desperately need a GUN recruit.

Don't think we need to use the MSD, certainly don't think we need to aggressively pursue any top trade targets. In fact, we could probably skip the National, Rookie & Pre-Season drafts for a couple of years too.

We have 22 jets in the team incl. Jordon the goat, BBB, Weid, Fritta, May & Harmes to return, and Goat #s 2 & 3 Chandler & Bedford to come. PLUS Sparrow. Plus MAGIC MAJAK. Did I mention Aaron Vandenberg? Good enough for the Swans on a three year deal, not good enough for our 22. And I love Lockhart. Like genuine man crush areas. He'll back.

Sauce Baker, Nifty Neville, our three draftees who haven't played yet (Rosman, Laurie & Bowey) and therefore have not let us down in an MFC jumper, even once. NEVER. Deakyn Smith exciting a few people too.

When Joel Smith gets fit, he's an automatic in, surely.

Hore & Nieta to come back refreshed after time with REHAB KING BURGESS (and his staff).

Bradtke - well our team is good enough to hide 1 passenger.

We could take Mitch White MSD if desperately need a GUN recruit.
Did you give Toump Ass your password?

Back