Dangerfield Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

be nice to steal the tigers luck lol, rance really the only injury theyve had in 4 years and it actually made them better, exposing how he was never that great of a defender
Last year we had both Nankervis & Prestia both have syndesmosis injury in the same game and missed 8-9 weeks each
its a really strange injury and usually takes away a players fitness and cant run.

It's 2 months for Danger and that is confirmed, IMO the re=build is on. Time to give opportunities to some young blood. Dad's Army was an error and they must try and rectify it asap.
Hold your horses there mate, we have 16 rounds to come up with what, 9 wins? Not out of it

be nice to steal the tigers luck lol, rance really the only injury theyve had in 4 years and it actually made them better, exposing how he was never that great of a defender

Yeah not quite. They had a ton of injuries in the first half of 2019. Made that premiership the most meritorious. Had some last year but not to the same extent.

I don't know if there have been other kids unavailable but that's from my memory. Danger and Higgins will gradually push the numbers over 30 up a bit but the old guys are still getting injured way less often than the young guys. It's almost like if we want better availability we should recruit more guys over 30.

Please no. There's more than enough already with more to come.

The run of the next 10 weeks without Dangerfield:

WCE winnable
Sydney winnable
Tigers lose
Saints winnable
Suns winnable
Collingwood winnable
Port lose
Bulldogs lose
Lions lose
Bye

5 of 9 winnable I think. Win all of them we're 8-6 and flying. Lose one and we're likely to miss top 4. Lose 3 and we're sketchy to even make the 8.

We're probably only still in with a shot because WCE are playing here with so many players out and Sydney has just lost a few too. Saints and the Suns shouldn't be too much trouble and by the time we hit Collingwood hopefully we have a bit of momentum. Danger could even be back for the Dogs and Lions matches.

The run of the next 10 weeks without Dangerfield:

WCE winnable
Sydney winnable
Tigers lose
Saints winnable
Suns winnable
Collingwood winnable
Port lose
Bulldogs lose
Lions lose
Bye

5 of 9 winnable I think. Win all of them we're 8-6 and flying. Lose one and we're likely to miss top 4. Lose 3 and we're sketchy to even make the 8.

We're probably only still in with a shot because WCE are playing here with so many players out and Sydney has just lost a few too. Saints and the Suns shouldn't be too much trouble and by the time we hit Collingwood hopefully we have a bit of momentum. Danger could even be back for the Dogs and Lions matches.
Yes and whilst a lot of water has to go under the bridge between now and the Lions game, because of hub life last yr the gabba shouldn't hold any fears. Form and confidence will.

Last year we had both Nankervis & Prestia both have syndesmosis injury in the same game and missed 8-9 weeks each
its a really strange injury and usually takes away a players fitness and cant run.
selwood had it a couple years ago, didnt look right when he came back but i think he had a different treatment to try come back earlier

If Cameron comes in then that will cover the time Danger spends forward. It’ll be interesting to see what they do in the midfield.
I know many would like a youngster but not sure who that is. Constable appears to have gone backwards. Stephens is injured. At the other end of it maybe Higgins could play in the middle when he comes back. Even if he didn’t cover all of dangers minutes he could take a chunk. His ball use would really improve our chances of scoring. I think he said on Krock he’s only a couple of weeks away.
Another chance for Constable until Higgins is back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

selwood had it a couple years ago, didnt look right when he came back but i think he had a different treatment to try come back earlier
I'm hoping they went the Libba route and literally tied his fibula and tibia together with string. Came back fast and in ripping nick.

Hold your horses there mate, we have 16 rounds to come up with what, 9 wins? Not out of it
Not with the current style of play or list, they are miles behind the Dogs, Dees and Port, light years behind Richmond. This week will tell us if they at least match the Eagles? They bungled the trade period and the draft for the past couple of years has produced what exactly? Meanwhile, the Dogs went barking and have the best team to play Richmond in this year's Grand Final. Not everyone down there was happy about the Dad's Army recruiting policy?

Not with the current style of play or list, they are miles behind the Dogs, Dees and Port, light years behind Richmond. This week will tell us if they at least match the Eagles? They bungled the trade period and the draft for the past couple of years has produced what exactly? Meanwhile, the Dogs went barking and have the best team to play Richmond in this year's Grand Final. Not everyone down there was happy about the Dad's Army recruiting policy?
it was worth a go while we had GAJ and Harry, but maybe this last draft was the one to start being involved without trading for Cameron etc.

think the dogs are getting way overhyped. defensively they looked awful on the weekend when the suns got going. they rely purely dominating the possession which they have done for the most part of the year so far. wanna see how they look when a team can get more of the ball than them.

Dangerfield being injured is not going to be the difference between this season being a write-off and us being competitive. We've been poor in all games so far this season, independent of Danger playing or not. If we're going to do anything WITH Danger then we'll win enough games without him but yeah there haven't been too many good signs so far. A bit of a shame we can't send the likes of Higgins and Simpson through the middle at the moment.

Re Dangerfield out - no replacement - but possibilities

I didnt watch any of the preseason games so i wasnt familiar with the Geel players - especially the new ones

But in the Melb game - i think it was the 2nd qtr - a Geel player dashed down the members side wing/hf flank Punt Rd end - No 7 i thought who in the hell is that - he is quick - it was Isaac Smith

So could Smith now go into the midfield - in the centre - he is a class player - and has done well so far

You look at Guthrie - he was going no where as a player - playing as a defensive mid - like a Rugby League 2nd rower just tackling - then Kelly left - and Guthrie took his role - and the turn around has been fantastic

Dangerfield is a huge out - but someone might come in and do good

don't think the season is over at all, as long as we can stay in touch of the 4 we can make a run towards the end of the year for sure if everyone is healthy.

This is the point. We are NOT playing well. We have had no consistency of personnel to date and a tremendously shortened pre-season. But luckily so far we are 3/2 and in touch with Top 4. But I don’t sense doom and gloom coming out of the club. Yes we’ll need to win some seemingly difficult games some time soon (this Saturday would be nice) but let’s not forget where Richmond were at half way through last season due to injury and loss of form. Came home in a tidal wave of great form.
FAR too early to be drawing conclusions IMO.
Considering how many players are out, just returned and yet to “sync” with teammates, particularly in F50, we are actually in pretty good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be a chance to scrape into the bottom of the 8 but that is effectively season over for mine. Need to finish top 4 to be a legitimate chance.

The worse thing is if we end up missing the 8 we don't even get a top draft pick to soften the blow.

We will be a chance to scrape into the bottom of the 8 but that is effectively season over for mine. Need to finish top 4 to be a legitimate chance.

The worse thing is if we end up missing the 8 we don't even get a top draft pick to soften the blow.
I'll settle for finishing above west coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back