News Woosha back at Carlton in a Consultancy Role

Remove this Banner Ad

Needed to happen but wouldve preferred Lyon. Could've helped bring a harder edge and a better defensive mindset.
Depends what he's doing. If he's coaching, then I agree, but the way the position is outlined he's not coaching so much as providing advice and mentorship.

And, if we're talking about people I'd prefer, it might be heresy but Neil Balme would've been a better get.

DT probably needed some advice and someone to call him out from time to time. If we put in Ross Lyon who clearly still has ambition to coach it would have been seen as undermining DT and put additional pressure on him where Woosha no longer harbours this desire so can just play a role supporting Teague.

Did good things for the Essendon FC in his first couple of years there. Think he's still got a fair bit to offer in the kind of role we're offering and at absolute worst will have a couple of fresh ideas to bring to the table.

I do think the club is using him as a bit of a go between and will be providing some specific feedback on how he perceives Teague as a coach, and what he's got to work on/if he's the right guy to take a middle-of-the-road team into the finals. Has some big development wins as a coach too - Merrett/Daniher/Saad all become very good players under his tutelage.

Could also be complete window dressing - seems like a free hit though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what he's doing. If he's coaching, then I agree, but the way the position is outlined he's not coaching so much as providing advice and mentorship.

And, if we're talking about people I'd prefer, it might be heresy but Neil Balme would've been a better get.

Sounds like the Henry Playfair's abortive 'coaching performance' role

Woosha will be our interim head coach within the month.

Source: Absolutely nobody and no Teague will not be sacked or resign.

I don’t have a problem with it at all, call the appointment whatever you want but to me it’s about gaining an independent review through the eyes of someone who is in a position to know and understand the nuances of the modern game. He’ll report back to the board no doubt with an informed position of what’s right and what’s wrong, areas you just cannot expect the majority to know, they’re mostly businessman not professional footballers.

There’s nothing wrong with Constant review and change until you find the magic potion. I’d be more concerned about inaction, which is what effectively happened for 15 years.

The board are also doing reviews on list management and development programs, they’re not leaving any stone unturned to make the club great again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back