No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does it all in jest, when he was on radio, he used to piss me off, but when I realised his whole mantra was basically a piss take, I grew to love him
Yeah I know it's all schtick from Bartlett, but it's incredibly dated and just wears really thin nowadays. Leave that crap to the likes of Capper, Akermanis and those other himselfasexual numpties. Even Dermie doesn't go down that road.

It's a bit of fun... Then again if anyone can brag it's Bartlett, a footballing genius.
Don't get me wrong, KB was a superstar and was a real hero of mine. But I don't need him to continually remind us publicly of how good he was - his playing record stands up extremely well on its own without him adding all the mayo, even if it's just his old-man-style attempt at humour. Just like at the other end of the scale extreme self-deprecation gets really tiresome.

Yeah I know it's all schtick from Bartlett, but it's incredibly dated and just wears really thin nowadays. Leave that crap to the likes of Capper, Akermanis and those other himselfasexual numpties. Even Dermie doesn't go down that road.

Don't get me wrong, KB was a superstar and was a real hero of mine. But I don't need him to continually remind us publicly of how good he was - his playing record stands up extremely well on its own without him adding all the mayo, even if it's just his old-man-style attempt at humour. Just like at the other end of the scale extreme self-deprecation gets really tiresome.
i couldn't take him for awhile due to his l o n g period of sooky isolation after his removal as coach. me, me, me.... but i think most of this is theatre. great player tho.

While I agree with most of this, and this could be because I stopped listening to SEN or any other radio sports show some years ago, when he was on the Front Bar a few weeks ago he was hysterical. He was boasting but it was done in a comical way. It's all to do with the timing really and KB nailed it all the way through.

Maybe I thought he was that funny because I hadn't heard him for a long while...I don't know. I do get the feeling he over exaggerates himself for comic effect. He's pretty funny away from the radio.

While I agree with most of this, and this could be because I stopped listening to SEN or any other radio sports show some years ago, when he was on the Front Bar a few weeks ago he was hysterical. He was boasting but it was done in a comical way. It's all to do with the timing really and KB nailed it all the way through.

Maybe I thought he was that funny because I hadn't heard him for a long while...I don't know. I do get the feeling he over exaggerates himself for comic effect. He's pretty funny away from the radio.

He’s very tongue in cheek, I really like him on the radio. Plus absolutely does Carlton fans in, which further confirms that they are a humourless bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, at least Geelong fans have an excuse to reach for when they dont make finals this year.

Thats ok that means they will keep topping up with blokes that are nearly done!!
Not only that, Woosha joined a big miner over here (WA) a few months ago as a culture consultant type thingy. Said he was pleased to finally be back home with his family. Now this ?!? Maybe he's a culture consultant via zoom ? Maybe he's the Teague trains mentor by zoom ??

Maybe he can teach the staff how to dodge the amphetamine, Benzodiazapine, Cocaine and Narcotics Piss and Saliva swab tests.

His Eagles players were specials at it.

Geelong's "dynasty" is wobbly....

What dynasty is that?

The stack of dvds of the show dynasty that the players are old enough to know about?

The dynasty of salt from corio bay that's being held up by a syndesmosis injury?

The dynasty of their 2 flags when the ice man was coach and dank was the jabber?

KB is in the entertainment business. Remember, he was playing footy when Jack Dyer, Louie the Lip, Uncle Doug and Ron Casey were all plying their trades too. Jack Dyer told the tallest stories and piled on more mayo that a New York Double Reuben sandwich. The idea is to be larger than life and everyone let's them get away with because they're legends. There's only one proviso...you have to be funny. KB is a naturally funny bloke with a sharp wit and great timing.

It's perfectly ok not to like his patter and many can take him or leave him but as a rule he's harmless, great entertainment and we all respect what he's done on the field and for the game. A true Richmond Immortal.

I also thought he was good talent on the Front Bar. You know you're going to get cheeky, blowing hot air up his own ass and some great comebacks. His thoughts on football and where it's going and how to fix some things are also good for thought.

If anyone REALLY wants to hear a bloke blow his own trumpet, track down John K Watts giving a live show intro for 10mins how he "single handedly" won the 1963 VFL Grand Final. Funny stuff that would make KB blush. Lol

Last edited:
So in the Cats last 6 matches, opposition players KO’d by “accident” count has just had another addition:

2020 GF Vlastuin elbowed to the face by Dangerfield at top speed in a “football incident.” “Unavoidable.”

2021 Rd 1 Kelly gets his face absolutely smashed by Dangerfield’s forehead. Dangerfield gets weeks after saying in the media words to the effect the player going the man needs to protect himself….Dangerfield gets 3

2021 Rd 2 Neale not seriously injured but collected by a forceful swinging arm from behind by Rohan for which the latter got 2…Chris Scott said he was "totally comfortable" with what Rohan did. Right...

2021 Rd 3 In what looks like a radical anomaly, no Hawks players knocked out accidentally.

2021 Rd 4 Stray Hawkins elbow just happens to collect May and fracture his eye socket whislt May is tackling Hawkins. “Accident.”

2021 Rd 5 Duncan “accidentally” KO’s Hall whilst in the act of trying to smother a Hall kick. Hall off for the match with concussion.

The pattern doesn’t appear to be getting any weaker.

Edit: Just been through the last 46 AFL matches including the 2020 GF and all 2021 matches.

I counted 14 fresh concussions or severe head or facial injuries that caused players to miss matches.

The Cats have played 6 of those matches and their players’ “accidental” actions accounted for 4 of those injuries. Plus you had Rohan getting his two weeks for hooking Neale to the head off the ball from behind.

The other 17 teams combined were responsible for 10 such injuries in that time at the most. I say at the most as some injuries can be caused by friendly fire. So for the rest of the competition, individual teams have played 86 matches combined for 10 concussions/severe facial injuries caused. An average AFL rate apart from Geelong of one per 8.6 matches.

Geelong players are causing concussions/severe facial injuries over that period at the rate of one per 1.66 matches.

Geelong are a massive outlier here. So let’s see if the trend continues further.

“xxxxxxxxxxxx" said:
This is the dumbest smart analysis I've ever seen

Some Cats board gimp describes my post more or less only listing facts as “dumb smart analysis.”

Can anyone else see any analysis in my post? I don’t see any analysis in my post. Is there any analysis in my post?

Seems they don’t like us collating facts. All the more reason to continue doing so….😎. Some people don’t like what we say. We just tell the truth. Is it our fault they don’t like the truth? 😂

They seem to be getting a bit jumpy about people here hoping for their first rounder that we own landing in a high slot. If they don’t want us death riding them….why the fk trade us their first rounder? 🤪

What a great gift to us the Geelong Cats Football Club is. 😍😍😍

Last edited:
Some Cats board gimp describes my post more or less only listing facts as “dumb smart analysis.”

Can anyone else see any analysis in my post? I don’t see any analysis in my post. Is there any analysis in my post?

Seems they don’t like us collating facts. All the more reason to continue doing so….😎. Some people don’t like what we say. We just tell the truth. Is it our fault they don’t like the truth? 😂

They seem to be getting a bit jumpy about people here hoping for their first rounder that we own landing in a high slot. If they don’t won’t us death riding them….why the fk trade us their first rounder? 🤪

What a great gift to us the Geelong Cats Football Club is. 😍😍😍
Gimp taking the anal out of analysis MR. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back